If you are staying on Phuket Island this resort is in a quiet beach area. We loved the fact that there were not tonnes of people walking past our rooms beach front sliding doors and patio. We felt like we had the beach and view to ourselves when we were in our room, amazing. The pool and restaurant are also right on the beach and very pretty. I chose this resort based on reviews and price. We booked the Deluxe King Room, garden view. I was really excited when I received the e-mail telling me that we were in the new building. What a disappointment to find out that our DELUXE room had no windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were shown two other rooms after my husband refused to stay in that room. In the end we decided that we would take a beachfront room as it had glass sliding doors and a patio. HOWEVER we paid twice the price for this room. In other hotels/resorts when we have requested garden view rooms, they have come complete with windows and often a patio!!!!!!!! This did start our 4 night get away here off on the wrong foot. However I have one other issue with this resort and it was the food. It was very basic food. We found all across Malaysia and Thailand that the food was amazing ...... we ate everywhere from the street venders on up to proper restaurants... this resort was the exception to the rule. In conversation with other guests staying at the resort we were told that they found the food to be less than mediocre. Too bad as the location of the restaurant was amazing. After two breakfasts there I opted for just a fruit plate on the last day. The first morning there I ordered a Latte with breakfast and was surprised that I was charged extra for this (included at all the other hotels we stayed at) The coffee was not worth drinking. So didn't drink anymore coffee there during our stay. There is a coffee shop up the hill on the main road that has amazing coffee so if you are staying at Friendship Beach and you like a good cup of coffee go here, Hock HoeLee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre is your very own private hideaway located on the south east coast of Phuket Island. Situated right on the beach, our comfortable 30 rooms and suites offer exceptional value in a stunning location and are just a stones throw from the resort's pool and secluded beach.The hotel offers breathtaking panoramic views of Chalong Bay and is the perfect location in which to explore the Andaman's famous archipelago of islands.Located on beautiful Chalong Bay.Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre has a spa and private beach and offers free Wi-Fi throughout. The 30 air-conditioned rooms feature a minibar, satellite TV and private hot shower and are just a short walk from the beach and boast a high ceiling, tile floor and Bali-style decor. All rooms at Friendship Beach Resort & Spa come with a fridge and a personal safe.Central Shopping Mall, Tesco Lotus Mall and the Home Pro Village Mall are a 10-minute drive from the hotel. It is a 25-minute drive from Patong Beach and a 45-minute drive from Phuket Airport. On-site parking is free. Atmanjai Wellness Centre offers spa treatments and detox programs, as well as oceanside yoga classes. Guests can lounge by the outdoor pool, enjoy the garden or unwind with a massage.The hotel's restaurant offers al fresco dining, serving up Thai and Western favourites. It is open daily from 07:00-22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friendship Beach Waterfront Hotel Rawai
- Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre Phuket/Rawai