“Great Dinner, great food, super friendly staff ”

Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie
Reserve with Chope
Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 994 Restaurants in Kathu
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thong Dee - The Katu Brasserie serves classic European dishes, Authentic Thai Cuisine and House Specialties in a cozy environment with jazzy tunes in the background. Its a place for every occasion and every pocket with that personal touch that makes the difference
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Just a great dinner with carefully and nicely prepared meals! Try the 'Interesting Salad' & their deserts!The staff and the owner were super friendly and had some nice chats.
Will definitely return once back here!

1  Thank Marion M
Patrik_L999, Ägare at Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Marion, thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to write this fantastic review. Me and my staff are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening here, it was a pleasure meeting you. We are already looking forward to your next visit. Big tnx again!
Patrik

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

went there for Diner with my friends on the
5th of November,what an excellent experience
the food absolutely superb and the service
also outstanding,wonderful atmosphere and
ambience highly recommendable.

1  Thank Hermann K
Patrik_L999, Ägare at Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Hermann, thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write this great review. Im very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening here. It was a plesure for us having you and your friends as guests. We are already looking forward to your next visit. Big tnx again it a huge motivation for me and my staff to get feedback like yours.
Patrik Lundgren

Reviewed 28 October 2016

A beautifully appointed restaurant in a quiet Soi in Kathu. A slightly limited menu but the food is of excellent quality and extremely tasty. The head chef is always available to cater to your specific needs and the staff are very friendly and acomodating. If you are looking for fine dining, tasty well presented dishes without fancy prices you really need to take the effort to put this on your list of eateries. Superb!

1  Thank Mike M
Patrik_L999, Ägare at Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Mike, thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write this amazing review. Me and my staff are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening here. We are humbled by your kins words and it a huge motivation for us to get feedback like yours. It was a pleaseure having you here and we are already looking forward to your next visit. Big tnx again.
Patrik

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

The food is delicious and the restaurant has a nice ambience. The staff is the nicest I have ever experienced. They really care about their costumers: ordering cheap taxis, chit chatting with you, and giving you free extras are just some examples. It feels like a family after two visits... try their beef!

3  Thank oelchen
Patrik_L999, Ägare at Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Oelchen, thank you very much for your visits and for taking the time to write this great review. Me and my staff are humbled by your kind words, its a huge motivation for us to get feedback like yours. It was a true pleasure having you here and we are already looking forward to your next visit. Big tnx again.
Patrik & The Team

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Wiktionary describes the simile "chalk and cheese" like this:

different as chalk and cheese ‎(not comparable)

(Britain, New Zealand, simile) Two things that are different, particularly two things that are superficially alike but very different in substance.

My girlfriend and I arrived on the last flight in to Phuket last night and we were met by her Thai sister, Aussie brother in law and their little girl.

I had told them that I was in serious need of a fine dining experience which should include a steak (I've had steak every Friday for most of my adult life..living in cowtown Alberta Canada) a bottle of red wine and a nice atmosphere.
We met at their home and headed about 300 metres up the street to a place aptly name Chaulk and Cheese.

I see why the owners chose the name ....as there are many restaurants in Phuket, however there is none comparable to this.
We were cordially met by the staff and chef Por. We ordered the Chilean Red Wine and a carafe of the house White. The girls drank the white and we devoured the red. It had spicy over tones and flavours of the oak barrel that pleased the pallete and made the taste buds pop.
We enjoyed the bruschetta and spicy sausage with French bread as an appetizer. But nothing could prepare me for the amazing baseball sized Aussie beef tenderloin that was to follow. It was name Tenderloin au povoir I believe. Described on the menu as a tenderloin with a mushroom peppercorn sauce.
It was served with roasted potatoes and mixed veggies. The chef and staff patiently and attentively awaited my order... And it was getting late, yet the staff served with smiles until way after closing.
To call this meal delicious is a huge understatement. The beef was cooked to perfection and the potatoes were succulent and melted in my mouth. I have visited some of the best steakhouses in North America and this restaurant in Phuket put all of them to shame.
The owners have travelled extensively around the world and know the standard, and they have surpassed any and all.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would like to experience world class dining at its best while in Phuket.
The price was modest.. The food terrific and the service spectacular.
Thanks again Por and staff.

1  Thank Nikk W
Patrik_L999, Ägare at Thong Dee The Kathu Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Dear Nikk, thank you very much for you visit and a even bigger thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! Its with great pride and joy i read your kind words. Me and my staff are more than humbled and its a huge motivation for us to get feedback like yours. We very happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening at Chalk & Cheese and that you rate our steak so high espesially with your background and experiance. We always strive for perfection in our food, service and care. We may not always succed but in your case it seems we hit the bulls eye. It was a great pleasure having you here and we already looking forward to your next visit so we can pamper you again. Hopefully i also get the honor to meet you. Big tnx again!!
Patrik, Por & The Team