“Food Poisoning”

The Current of the Sea
Ranked #591 of 722 Restaurants in Patong
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Had our last dinner in Phuket at this place on 15 July 2018 @ 7pm.
All four of us in the group came down with food poisoning that night. No mistake about it, because we skipped lunch and snacked only on random things throughout the day. This was the only meal all four of us ate.
Food was ok, but...yeah...food poisoning sums it all up. Something needs to be done to check the hygeine of the food preparation and premises!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

In busy Patong it seems unbelievable that you can’t decide on a place to eat but the place is somewhat overwhelming.
Passing by the many choices we stopped here at The Current.
Beer was cold, meal was okay. Not bad but nothing outstanding either. There are many other places to choose from.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We went there with friends for dinner. Servers were not attentive enough and food were served slowly. We ordered fish and shrimp. Food is ok but a little bit over-priced. I can get better food and service with the same price around that area.

I will not recommend this restaurant to my friend and will never come again

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

On March 22, our party of 25 people were under the assumption that we will get to enjoy a memorable dining experience that evening, but unfortunately we left disappointed and put a dent in our otherwise enjoyable trip to Phuket due to the lackluster service we received at this "5 star" restaurant.

We arrived at "Current of the Sea" and were seated before 7pm that evening. We have great anticipation for the food and services as the restaurant is considered one of the finer restaurants in Phuket. However we soon realize this is not the case - Food was served slow, we waited 2 hours and not even half of our orders were filled. When we were ready to leave, staff somehow made us wait an entire hour just to get us our bill.

Unfortunately that wasn't all. There were few groups of peoole arrived at different time after us, all received way better and faster services. For some reason I cannot fathom, they came in later, but they get their food faster than us, and was able to leave earlier than us (they definitely do NOT have to wait 1 hour for the bill to come!). Food is below average of any regular restaurants that I can find nearby.

As a frequent visitor to Phuket I have to say this is by far the worst dining experience I have ever encountered. "Disappointed" cannot fully describe the kind of neglect and discrimination I felt at your establishment. I will alert my friends to avoid such insensitive establishment from now on.

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Been here with a friend on a friday night

Nice/ modern restaurant
Big variety of fresh fish to choose from
Fish was exquisite..

Would recommend!!

Been to The Current of the Sea? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK