“Great Italian eating in Patong ”

Ristorante Sirmione
Ranked #221 of 722 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

After 6 full days in Thailand and many outstanding Thai meals, we wanted a change. We found Ristorante Sirmione by accident and decided to try it out. We were greeted by a husky Caucasian man with a thick Italian accent, something of a rarity in Patong! We knew this would be real Italian food, not a Thai interpretation. We were not disappointed! We ordered the caprese salad (real buffalo milk mozzarella cheese), bruschetta and spaghetti a la vongole. I wanted pasta puttanesca but didn't see it on the menu so I asked if it could be made and chef, also native Italian, said absolutely! Everything was delicious and service was fast and polite. If you want to practice your Italian, the greeter/host and the chef are native speakers. Go and manja!

1  Thank PhilipGray

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Very nice place and delicious seafood plates;we had a really Good Time there and all the staff were so friendly, recomend to everyone

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Having been in Patong for 1 week was growing a little tired of Thai food. The palate was craving Italian. My expectation was quite low especially in this part of town.
Got talking to the guy out front, a fresh Italian arrival, pointed out the owners are Italian as is the chef, so thought what the hell.
Well let me tell you, a perfectly al dente pasta, even agreed to make me an authentic carbonara (no cream), superb. The wife had the home made gnocchi al pomodoro, beautiful.
We also had a pizza to share which again was beautiful, all the expected flavours.
Add to this a spritz to get the night going and a limoncello to finish it off and you have a pleasant Italian experience in Patong....who would have thought !
Great to have a meal cooked by an Italian in Patong, and to add to our praises, the reviews here by Italians say very much the same thing.
Grazie mille Sirmione.

1  Thank aussieabroad68
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

We visited this place in the month of June since we were staying at the Patong resort adjacent to it, tried the pepperoni wood fired thin crust pizza n it was quite good, iI wouldn't say it was the best but pretty good. The portions were generous n the owner is an italian guy, language is a problem but the staff is helpful. Also you get free wifi there .

2  Thank Anita_Vijai
Reviewed 6 June 2015

Decided to try this restaurant as it is a fairly recent addition to this Soi, and probably not really necessary given that there are now three Italian restaurants almost next to each other!

The menu had all of the normal Italian fare on it (with some Thai food on offer), although not as extensive as the Italian restaurant next door, however it was sufficient.

I had the pork scaloppine with a mushroom sauce and french fries and my friend had a pasta dish, unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what it was.

The portions were certainly generous, in fact too generous, with the old saying that the meal "over faced me" certainly proving true, because if there is too much on the plate, no matter how it is positioned, the presentation suffers as was the case with this. The pasta portions that my friend had were also same – – too much and not that well presented.

If the taste had been great, then some of this could have been overlooked, however again that was not the case, with absolutely nothing standing out in my dish, nor that of my friend.

The service was good and friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, so that is at least in the restaurants favour.

Would I go back again? Probably not, but then again maybe it would be worth a try at a later date just to see if things have improved. The problem with Patong though is that there are many good restaurants around, and certainly some excellent Italian restaurants, so to stand out, this one needs to lift its act.

1  Thank Phil S