This review is from a 5 night stay and overall I found the hotel very good. I had gone in peak season so the prices were not cheap albeit the facilities are good.
Getting to the hotel was quite easy as I booked one of the hotel cars for 700 baht. Upon arrival the car was there so there was no buying taxi tickets and queuing up. Given that the trip can be up to an hour in heavy traffic, 700 is quite reasonable in my view.
The hotel is nice and central to the nightlife in Patong being on the SawatDirak Road. For those wishing to head to the prime party grounds of Bangla it's only about a 10 minute walk. The hotel has a very nice tropical paradise feel and, standing in its own very large courtyard, it is a very tranquil and attractive setting with a nice pool and seating area, albeit it would probably benefit from a few more sun-loungers.
Reception staff are very friendly and helpful and the place has a nice feel to it. I opted for one of the Pavillion Bungalows which are situated just down from the pool. They have a nice big Jacuzzi. The rooms are nice but some of the woodwork is starting to look a little tired. The beds are big and quite comfortable though not as big as some of the super-size beds some hotels offer. Bathroom and shower are OK but there was very low water pressure from one of the sinks.
Despite being 'treated' (whatever that entails) there were more mosquitoes about than we liked and it would be good sense to buy a local burner or repellent, or even a spray to give the room a good hosing before you go out. The air-con is also a little on the noisy side and can be quite intrusive. Oddly, the temperature control didn't seem to have much effect. It was either on and cold, on fan only, or off. And when it's on, you will need the duvet cover. Generally I like to sleep without AC, preferring to use only fans in this part of the world, but there are no fans here, whether other rooms have them I'm not sure. Room service is very good, even cleaning and replenishing toiletries when I had a couple of long lay-ins. Bottled water in the room (3 small) is free daily and a beer from the fridge about 40 baht.
Breakfast is served from something like 7am - 11 am but there was a problem here. It seems that the breakfast, which is buffet style, is put out once and, other than some bread, is not or is rarely replenished. The breakfast is also not very imaginative or interesting with little variety. I went for breakfast one morning at 10:30 and there was virtually nothing left. I resorted to 2 slices of toast and coffee. At the rates this hotel charges that's not acceptable in my view. Most guests will be paying the same rate and should get an option of a full breakfast right up to closing. Table clearance and re-setting after other guests have vacated it is very sloppy, first having to ask for a fork, then a napkin, then for the fork again. I ate there one evening and tried a local Thai dish which was OK but a bit bland. There is a French menu as well but I don't go to Thailand to eat European food so ate out at all other times.
All in all I'd say the hotel was very good for its location, ambience and tranquility, esp if you want a pool. The restaurant I didn't try enough to comment on fully but the breakfast is poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROYAL PHAWADEE VILLAGE Sanctuary Resort in Patong Beach Experiencing the unforgettable moment at the heart of the Andaman Sea's pearl at Royal Phawadee Village, Patong Beach Phuket, Thailand. Royal Phawadee Village is located in one of Phuket most famous beaches known as Patong Beach Traditional Thai-style Every room types have the designs and decorations based on Thai-style which you will surely be impressed and most signature and outstanding hotel in Patong Beach Phuket. Peaceful Oasis Patong Beach Resort While enjoying the scenery you might also take a rest at the most our beautiful grassy garden in Phuket where you can sit and relax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HostelWorld and Ctrip TA so you can book your Royal Phawadee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Phawadee Village Hotel Patong
- Royal Phawadee Village Patong, Phuket