“Great Hotel, Great Location”

The KEE Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Canberra
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I'll start by saying this hotel is amazing! Awesome location and very close to the party action (Bangla Road), shopping and beach. Given it's location the rooms are surprisingly quiet. The rooms are great and very modern. Loved all the technology in the rooms! and free wi-fi!
The swim-up bar and roof top bars are amazing and the staff make delicious cocktails and it was always fun at happy hour with the music pumping and the bar guys doing tricks.
All the staff made it a pleasure to stay and made you feel very welcome.
The spa was devine! So relaxing, beautiful facilities and professional staff.
I go to Thailand just about every year and this is the best hotel I have stayed in by far. I'll definately be going back next year!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sassy_Rhe
Kanyapoj C, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 October 2015
Dear Sassy_Rhe,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to rank us highly and for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We really appreciate your vote of confidence in our Resort and in the team of talent who make everything happen the way it does. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you back.

The KEE Management Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel but visited the Roof Top Bar. The elevator in the lobby takes you up to the roof. There are two levels for drinking and dining. Very nice place above Patong and in the heart of the City. Drinks and service are ok, but the huge sofa and the dimmed lighting are really good. Normal prices for a good atmosphere, relaxed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MaiMiTang,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a good overall stay with us. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

West Aust
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I'll start off by saying that this hotel is definitely a favourite with young people in their twenties or early thirties. The swim up pool bar is a big hit with it's happy hour and pumping music - I imagine it really sets the scene for a great night ahead.

We are a family in our mid forties with a couple of kids (13 & 10 yrs) and we had a great time, although when we stayed there, there were no other kids for my children to make friends with, but they still had a good time and commented that they really liked the hotel because it was "modern". I smiled at this.

We stayed in 2 interconnecting Pool View Deluxe rooms and we had no complaints. The bed was quite comfortable compared to some of the beds we have slept in at other Phuket hotels. The room was cleaned well, although if you like to have your room made up in the morning, you may be disappointed - out of a 13 night stay, most days the room wasn't made up till late afternoon. This didn't bother us, though.

The buffet breakfast was okay - I've had much better so it was a bit dissappointing, but again, we didn't focus on this.

Staff were outstanding. A very friendly bunch of people and it was a real pleasure to interact with them everyday. My 88 yo father had a fall at the hotel and they were fantastic in their response and concern for his well being and we really felt their genuine concern and kindness.

It's all been said before about the location - it is in a good position.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and would consider staying again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear jenwayh,

Christchurch
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the kee for 7 nights and had an amazing time! The staff are friendly and seem to have a consistant welcoming smile, the room was clean and modern and location is perfect.

I read a few reviews before leaving and was a little worried, but I have no idea what anyone was complaining about! We were practically skipping to our room when we arrived and had no other major issues during our stay.

Every experience was good, the bartenders in the pool bar are such a good bunch of guys, happy hour was our favourite part of the day. Half price cocktails, not much you can complain about there. The Kee spa was great, never felt so pampered before and a whole lot less intimidating than the street massage places.

We did have a few issues with the TV in our room, but that was fixed as soon as we called through to reception, in short, if you call and ask for something, the odds are that it will be fixed straight away.

One thing I didn't like was the tour booking agent for the hotel. We were a little unsure of how to book day tours and asked him for some advice, he tried to intimidate us into purchasing day trips that were 3x the price of everywhere else. I understand that it is common practice in most hotels, I just didn't like it very much. So quick tip : book all of your tours from the street stalls, theres a nice lady around 20m down from the Kee in the alley towards the beach. She booked all of ours and they were fantastic.

All in all, I would definately advise anyone to stay at the Kee, I had such a good time and was sad to have to leave. We will definately be back next year! And thank you to all the staff, they do their jobs so well and made my stay unforgettable! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a delux pool view room which is nice, but we would have loved to stay in a pool access...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trish R
Dear Trish R,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. We had arrived around 10+am and was told the room will be ready in one hr time. However after my brunch and i went to check and our check in time will be 2pm instead. Was pretty pissed off and walked away and the staff called me back and let me check in early. Water was initial hot even I had turned to cold and after a call and the chambermaid made a trip everything turns out to be ok. Room is clean and nice with wifi available, but you will need to login again after leaving your hp/ipad on idle. Travel adapter and umbrellas are provided.
Other than the reservation staff screwed up, I pretty love this hotel. Would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the room away from Bangla Street if you like to have a quiet trip..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple