“So friendly, safe, perfect location, just great.”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We arrived at Patong Beach 7th March,the Yorkshire Inn had organised a transfer for us.
I was travelling with my two good friends Clare and Bree, we live in Cairns Australia and all work together for the same company. This would be my 6th trip to Thailand in 13 months, but the girls had never been to Thailand before.
We found the Yorkshire Inn on the net and found there site to be really informative and so we booked and found the Hotels response was always very quick, (I hate when people take a long time to reply)
So before we even arrived we felt very confident we had made the right choice.
Ok, now back to the airport pick up, as soon as we walked outside a nice smiling man with our name on a card greeted us, his name was "Ping Pong" ha ha its true, anyway he was such a nice guy, like peole say "first impressions count", and they do.
So about 1 hour later we arrive at the Yorkshire to be greeted by the owner himself Paul,
we had a few questions and although he was busy he took the time to help us.
Now off to one of my favourite places at the Yorkshire, lol, the reception desk!!! ha ha , heres why: The girls working there are so friendly, so helpful and sweet and, they are so beautiful, and very professional at there work.
Now we are taken to our rooms and although we had taken the cheapest rooms available we found them to be very clean and comfortable, the cleaning staff at the hotel are also very professional and so friendly and polite, I enjoyed talking with all the staff so much.
There is a well equiped gym there but I am not into that, but the pool is fantastic, just the perfect place to chill out at in the afternoon. The pool has its own kichen and menue, I ate there everyday and found the food to be great, just the way I like it.
The pool area is quite large and has everything you need including a large area for smokers, but also for non smokers. The bar staff there make great cocktales and always have a smile for you.
There is also a steam room and sauna if you like that.
The main bar and reasterant at the main entrance has the best food I have found in Thailand, its the first time I have had a good steak in Thailand, every meal I odered there was exactly what I asked for, I didn't get a chance to thank the chef"s, so I hope they read this.
I would never think of staying anywhere else in Phuket, the Yorkshire Inn was fantastic in everyway, a real pleasure.
Now I am planning to go back as soon as I can.
Chan Chob Thailand,
Paul Akister,
Cairns, Australia.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 March 2010

There is nothing wrong with this hotel.

The Good
1) Decent rates. Phuket is expensive, but this hotel has decent rates.
2) Nightlife. This hotel is very very close to all of the night life clubs and partying.
3) Beach. This hotel is not far from the beach.
4) Pool. The pool is nice.
5) Resturant on site with reasonably priced food.
6) Mini bar in room
7) Good place for old men looking to be close to the bar seen.

Bad.
1) The hotel has a lot of noise from outside
2) The hotel is nothing spectular. It is only a good place to stay if you dont plan on spening much time in your room.
3) There were a few flies in my room.
4) The bath room doesnt have a seperate shower. There is a shower head on the wall with no curtain or seperation at all so the water gets all of the floor and toliet.
5) Phuket is not a nice city. The beach are not good. It is used mostly for partying and looking for a good time.
6) I saw a lot of older gentlemen staying there.

If you want great beaches in southern Thialand Phuket is not city for you.

This hotel is good because it is cheap and allows you to enjoy the nightlife, but dont expect luxurious accommodations. I definately would not suggest for couples, familiies or a group of girlfriends.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Nice hotel. Rooms are small and basic with little room, but are clean. The staff are friendly and there are nice cheap options on the menu.
The owner is usually about and is veryly and helpful. Also there is a tourism office in the hotel where trips and bus trips can be purchased from.
This place is a 10 min walk to the beach however you can use the gym and pool of the hotel next door which is very nice and has a very nice restaurant. Also has a very nice sauna.
The main nightlife strip is only 5 mins away but the street the hotel is on is fairly quiet. Also Leks Irish Bar is a nice little place across the road road by an Irish man from Cork.
Nice hotel but basic in a very good location.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

The manager Paul, was the most welcoming and friendly manager of all the hotels I visited during my stay in Phuket, Nothing was too much for him and his staff, his guests comfort was paramount.
The hotel was beautifully clean, the pool was attended at all times, the sauna and spa were out of this world,
And as for the gym - WOW !! it was nicely air conditioned, enough and varied equipment for the amount of peolple using it. and the running machines overlooked the pool area 0 great idea, better than watching yourself or some awful tv programme !!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2010

trust me this is nice hotel in good location, it is not beach front, but very close to the action, shopping, food, I would stay again, friendly people, nice room, I have stayed in the large room, clean large, with large plasma TV, DVD player, one bath and other shower room, small balcony, quite and lovely, I do recommend sting there, very nice food they have down there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo