“Paradise in heaven.”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Mr paul gibson runs a top class hotel.from the bottom of My heart with love i can recomend this hotel to the entire population on planet earth.They welcome you and make you feel loved and special.The staff and also the management are on top of things and They are very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had a wonderful stay at the Yorkshire! Was there for a week and was never let down. The rooms are great, lots of amenities, and the staff are accommodating and personable. The food in the restaurant was fantastic! The gym is well equipped and the pool was a great way to spend a hot afternoon. Many thanks to the wonderful staff who helped with everything I needed. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I come to Thailand every year because our daughter lives here. She booked this hotel for us for the first time last year. We've stayed other places around Phuket and in Patong and have been less than impressed. We find that the Yorkshire is great value for the money. We booked a large double deluxe room and we found it to be modern and chic. The concrete floors are a little unusual but they keep the room nice and cool, and also have a unique look to them.

If there's one thing Thailand's known for...or rather is infamous for, it's the hard mattresses. My husband has a bad back and found the mattresses at the Yorkshire to be superior to those in other hotels we've stayed in.

The spa and pool are are lovely, of course. It's nice to have a gym with working equipment and a variety of machines... They have both a dry sauna and a steam room depending on which you prefer. Nice way to relax after a vigorous workout.

Now, I know people come to Thailand for Thai food, but after 3 or 4 days of spicy, spicy, spicy, we look forward to the more "farang"-friendly menu at the Yorkshire, in particular the Sunday Roast. This is a must have if you decide to stay here! It's reasonably priced for everything you get and it is a reminder of home when you so badly need one!

The hotel is located near literally everything. There's a shopping mall within minutes, Bangla Road, bars, pubs, restaurants, gift shops, a fresh market...and best of all, the ocean! A few years ago, my husband and I stayed all the way in Nai Harn because we read about how nice it was - and it was, really nice, but we felt far away from everything and isolated.

The staff at the Yorkshire are extremely helpful as well. Even before arriving you can arrange your whole trip if you wanted to! They can book T-off times at golf clubs and even arrange pool parties for you and your friends (we didn't have one but we saw one when we first arrived). Prompt, polite, and professional responses to e-mails, friendly hotel staff really set this hotel apart from the others.

If you're coming to Phuket, and want to stay at an affordable hotel near the beach, look no further than the Yorkshire.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allie824
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Could not have asked for a better hotel for my stay in Phuket. Location was ideal, close enough to shops and bars, but without the noise and hassle. The room was very clean and comfy, and the staff were polite and very friendly.
I would recommend The Yorkshire to anyone coming to Patong.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Lucypowell
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Ok so i booked through booking.com all was good. Stayed here for few days before i checked my email which told me my booking had been changed. Asked hotel about it which i was told they didn't know why it was changed and only had rooms to accomodate me for another 2 days because was booked out. I called booking.com they tell me hotel changed my booking and were unsure why but would call them and work it out and that hotel will get back to me about it. Didn't hear anything for several days after checkout I get an email which by then i had checked out and gone to Amata resort which i found cheaper and better hotel also includes free breakfast! Also the room was very noisy from nightclubs and also construction work for bangla2 which was sometimes until 4am or so. Large double deluxe room very strange setup shower and sink in one room and toilet and sink in another but one door doesn't even fully open so can only use half the side of a sink haha!. Yeah it has some location but for the noise and price is better places. Next time will be only staying at Amata only extra few mins walk to everywhere but alot better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review The Yorkshire Hotel.
Firstly, let me acknowledge, and apologise for the fact that that there was a booking error with regards to your reservation. This was an isolated incident, and while this is no excuse, I would make mention of the fact that during your stay with us, we were close to capacity and there were many guests who requested room changes and amendments.
Your original booking, for a Large Double Deluxe Room, was made via a tour operator and the dates were 12 - 29 October 2012 (17 Nights). The arrival date was then amended by yourself to be the 17th of October. On arrival you were given a FREE upgrade to a Superior Deluxe Room, this however, was not mentioned in your review.
Upon arrival, you paid for 7 nights accommodation, and the bill clearly showed the number of nights you were paying for ie 17 - 24 = 7 nights.
This is where the confusion arose, as the Receptionist, understandably, observed that you booking was for 12 nights, and as you had paid for 7 nights, the balance of your amended booking was cancelled. I fully accept that the question should have been asked, but alas, this did not happen.
I would like to put the record straight regarding your statement "Didn't hear anything for several days". This is simply not true. As soon as the error became apparent, you were notified and were informed that we would be able to accommodate you for the balance of your stay. You were given regular updates by our staff during the period 17 - 24 October. At the time, you accepted our apology and gave no indication that you were unhappy with our handling of the unfortunate error. As promised, by the 24th of October, we had found another room for you, but you decided to check out anyway.
Noise emanating from the streets around the hotel, is quite simply beyond our control. It is unfortunate that Patong is growing so rapidly, but we are currently undergoing Double Glazing to reduce the inconvenience to our guests.
Once again, thank you for the review, your feedback is appreciated.