All reviewslarge double deluxebangla roadgolf toursteam roompool and gymtuk tukpatong beachlocation is greatair concleaning staffnice poolminute walk to the beachgreat facilitiesthai foodenjoyed my staybars and restaurantsshopping mall
Reviewed 21 September 2012

So, to start off let me say that I am a 26 year old male who enjoys working out, nightlife, and great food. I'm very social in the evening and I enjoy relaxing during my vacations. With that said, this is the best spot in my opinion to do everything above. The location is prime; not too close, and certainly not too far. The staff is very friendly. I conversed with a couple staff members along with the owner prior to my stay, and upon arrival I was checked in early, offered coupons for the area, and fed a very hearty lunch. I am able to relax and workout at my leisure. The laundry service is fast and the facilities have everything you could want. If you want a great value and a comfortable stay while on holiday, then look no further. I can't praise this place enough!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review.

We are thrilled when somebody really enjoys staying with us.

We hope you return to stay with us again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel was noisy and room had no windows. Upon checking out the reception tried to charge me 10% extra for "gratitude?", which was stated as "optional" on the invoice. Not a place I would recommend unless you are too drunk to walk a bit further....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
TheYorkshireHotel, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We apologise that you didn’t have a comfortable stay with us.

The Yorkshire hotel is located in the heart of Patong and as such its surrounded by other buildings, and is subject to the usual noise associated with a busiest tourist resort.

In addition the hotel is only three storeys high, so therefore we do not have views from many of our rooms.
Therefore some of our rooms do not have windows.

I would like to point out that this fact is well documented on our website, and our reception staff always point this issue out to prospective customers.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

In a quarter century of traveling through Thailand, I can honestly say I have never had a worse experience than my one night stay at The Yorkshire. To start off with, the pool was closed (due to flooding the previous week). When I made my reservation via telephone 2 days earlier, I asked whether the pool was open and if it was free. I was lied to. The pool was the ONLY reason I booked a room here. There are COUNTLESS cheaper/better hotels in this area of Patong, though, they lack swimming pools. I had booked a "Deluxe Standard Twin" room. Twin means TWO separate beds. What I got was two beds pushed together with ONE big sheet and blanket. When I made the reception desk aware of the hotel's mistake, I was informed that as the housekeeping staff had gone home for the day, nothing could be done. This "hotel" is not really a hotel at all. It's a small apartment building several doors down from the reception/restaurant building. There is NO LOCK on the building's door, NO SECURITY GUARD at the door, and there are NO SECURITY CAMERAS in the hallways. ANYONE can come and go as they please. My room was small (not a problem), but the lock on the window was broken. The bed was old and very "springy". Not comfortable at all. All this was bad, but the WORST was the NOISE. If you value a good night's sleep or ANY sleep at all, AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!! The Yorkshire is located on a VERY busy soi (side street) that is PACKED with bars and restaurants. These establishments stay opened until the break of dawn. Imagine trying to sleep well in New York City's Times Square on New Year's Eve and you will have some idea of The Yorkshire's noise level. Sleep was IMPOSSIBLE...even with ear plugs! The hotel's website boasts of "quiet rooms". DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!!! This is a hotel that caters to hard partying sex tourists who head to bed as the sun is rising. It is not a hotel for folks operating on a normal schedule. And families? Forget it! I had reserved my room for 4 days, but I checked out after 1 day. Upon checking out, I was given a bill that included a 10% "optional service charge". Huh??? As it was optional, naturally I did not pay it. There was also a 7% VAT charge. This is VERY unusual. After leaving the hellish Yorkshire, I booked a suite at a hotel (C&N Hotel) just a 2 minute walk from The Yorkshire. The room is bigger, cheaper, and QUIET. Free wi-fi and breakfast included! Also, I have free access to the swimming pool at the hotel's sister spa 1km down the road. I'm very happy. Don't be fooled by the pictures/words on The Yorkshire's website. It's a noisy dive...a flophouse...THE WORST.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank thai_airways
TheYorkshireHotel, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Yorkshire Hotel. We note that this is your first review on Trip Advisor.
Customer feedback is extremely important to us, and both positive and negative comments have helped us to improve our facility, and reach the ranking that we currently enjoy.
The Hotel’s reservation records show that you called the hotel on Monday 27 August 2012, and you spoke to the reservation clerk who was on duty.
The flooding, to which you refer, occurred on the 22nd of August 2012.
The Swimming pool was severely damaged in the flood, and consequently, was closed on the same day.
The reservation office is located less than 15m from the swimming pool, and has a direct view of the facility. I have spoken to the clerk who dealt with your reservation, and he has assured me that he did not say that the pool was operational. As the pool had been closed for 5 days already, it would hardly have made sense for him to state anything to the contrary.
The Standard Twin Deluxe room is guest prepared as two individual beds.
However, on reading the arrivals list for the day, our Housekeeping staff noticed that you had booked a single occupancy, and they therefore, they made the assumption that a single bed configuration would be preferred.
A Single occupant in this category of room who requires two single beds is indeed a rarity, and the assumption made by the staff is easily understood.
That said, we apologize for the fact that you did not receive the bed configuration that you requested. In addition, we acknowledge the shortcoming of our receptionist in not finding a solution to the problem. This matter has been raised with the Head Receptionist, and the appropriate action taken.
We take the issue of customer security extremely seriously, and I would like to correct your statement regarding both the guard and CCTV cameras.
Firstly, we employ a full-time security guard during the night shift, who patrols the entire facility. This is tightly controlled through a log book system. The hotel comprises a large area, and the fact that you might not have seen the security guard during your brief time spent in the corridor, does not change the fact that he was on duty.
Secondly, we have installed a comprehensive CCTV system which is clearly visible at reception and monitored constantly.
Your assertion that there are no cameras in the corridors is factually incorrect.
We would note that your comments about the bed in that room are the first, and only negative sentiments expressed by a guest.
This room was renovated in 2011, and the bed put in this room was custom made for The Yorkshire Hotel, and is of the highest quality.
As part of this renovation, Double Glazed glass was also installed in order to minimize the noise from the adjoining street.
Patong Beach is widely acknowledged to be the party destination of choice in Phuket. Our location is very central, and is a major factor for many guests when choosing to stay with us.
As a busy tourist destination, noise is an unavoidable reality, and the Yorkshire Hotel is not exempt from it.
However, we do have certain rooms which are better shielded from noise, and on the night of your stay, several of these rooms were available. There is no record in the receptionist’s incident book of you requesting a quieter room, which, had you done so, you would have been moved to immediately. This is standard operating procedure in the hotel, and would be facilitated at any time of day or night.
As Management, we are critically aware of the noise factor in Patong, and we strive to accommodate our guests with this in mind.
I would also like to point out that your generalization that,
“This is a hotel that caters to hard partying sex tourists who head to bed as the sun is rising. It is not a hotel for folks operating on a normal schedule. And families? Forget it”
is far from the truth, and, once again factually incorrect.
We cater for the entire spectrum of guests and tourists, and Families are certainly included.
The optional service fee, as you noted, is Optional, and we respect the right of any guest not to pay it. VAT, However, is a legal requirement in Thailand, and state that it is unusual, is hard to understand.
Like all hotels, we strive to create an environment for our guests, that ensures an enjoyable and memorable stay.
Equally, we acknowledge that the Yorkshire Hotel is not the destination for everyone. We pride ourselves in the large proportion of returning guests, and we take great satisfaction in the overwhelmingly positive feedback that we receive.
I would like to point out, that, of the last 50 reviews posted on Tripadvisor, (to 31 August 2012), 46 (92%) have been Five and Four star in nature.
Notwithstanding this, it is still very distressing to us when a guest has an unsatisfactory experience when staying with us.
I would therefore like to extend an invitation to you to contact me directly, so that we can facilitate a happy resolution to your dissatisfaction. This can be done via our website.
Once again, we thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, the contents of which have been noted.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at the yorkshire for 4 days in august, booked a double delux room which was large, clean and well kept, but the beds are very firm. We chose to stay here due to the reviews about the amazing breakfast, and after 3 weeks traveling thailand i needed a good full english but i was dissapointed, for what we paid for it i would have expected abit more, but the yorkshire tea was amazing. We also had dinner one night in the restraunt and again paid alot of money for an average meal, dont get me wrong it looked amazing and the chef obviously put alot of effort into making it but the chips wer not all fully cooked and the fish i had tasted off in placed, however this was only mine as my partners was perfect and would have been worth the money. We chose to eat at fiddys guesthouse over the road for breakfast and found it very cheap and amazing food, would recomend here to those money watchers!.
We also found the Wifi very unpredicatable, on a number of occasions we wanted to research our next point of travel or skype our relatives and found the wifi would not work, we took this up with reception who were very nice but said there was nothing they could do, which we understand but at the time was highly irritating.
Also on our last day we decided to have a relax by the pool, only to find repair work going on and the pool drained and only a small sign at reception. we understand there was damage due to a flood however in a 4 star hotel, we expected to be better informed and it would have been nice to offer even maybe a complementary drink for the inconvenience.
The hotel is very well located 2 minuates from the large shopping centre, bangla road and about a 10 minuate walk to the beach. Overall it was a reasonable stay for us. But we would not come back only due to the fact that patong is not for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
TheYorkshireHotel, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We are happy your enjoyed your English Breakfast, but it’s a shame you didn’t feel that it was value for money.
With two eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, toast, and grilled tomatoes with tea of coffee and juice, at only 199 THB, many guests feel this is great value.

If you are looking for a cheaper Breakfast, then Fiddys is the place, however you get what you pay for.

We apologize that the WI-FI wasn’t great, and that our swimming pool was out of use, due to the recent tropical storms, but that really was out of ours hands.
The Yorkshire Management did put a notice and both our main reception and Leisure Centre reception explaining about the closure of the swimming pool.

All in all we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have just completed my fourth stay in four years at the Yorkshire so that says something in itself.

This year my stay was for about three weeks in a large double deluxe room on the second floor and it was perfect. Due to the central and conveniant location of the hotel, I have found noise to sometimes be an issue but I have to say this room was great, no outside noise whatsoever, marvellous for the odd quiet night in.

The standout positives for me for the Yorkshire are simple. 1. Staff 2. Location 3. Facilities

All my experiences with staff were positive, in particular reception staff and housekeeping staff. Always provided great service with a smile, nothing was ever too much and always happy to chat or provide great insights!

Location is perfect as it is close to nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc.

Great pool area with ample sunbeds (this has been an issue for me at other hotels) although I would agree with a previous reviewer in that they could mix up the music a little more, but only a small gripe. Sadly towards the end of my stay the pool was damaged due to flooding but this was beyond control and was to be repaired within 10 days or so.

All in all another great holiday helped hugely by the team at the Yorkshire. Keep up the good work and I hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and supporting The Yorkshire.

We really enjoyed reading your charming review, which we show to all the staff, just so they know their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.

The Pool is just having some final repairs and will be open in a couple of days.
We take notice, regarding the poolside music, and will get some new tracks in time for your next stay.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.