All reviews large double deluxe bangla road steam room pool and gym tuk tuk patong beach location is great air con cleaning staff nice pool minute walk to the beach great facilities thai food enjoyed my stay bars and restaurants shopping mall low season
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Excellent value for money. I stayed in a superior double de luxe room, spacious, clean and comfortable. Very good restaurant with a great selection of international dishes.Good advice for excursions. Especially impressed by the efficiency, friendlyness and warmness of the staff, with a special mention for Tata at the Reception Desk who is always there and ready to give you the best possible advice with a warm smile!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

picked the best time of the year to actually go boating down the river in front of the hotel on Soi sansibai . the hotel did not flood and my complements to the staff for making it a wonderful visit , thanks to Gigi , Pae and most of all to Chomda! I'll see everybody again in November!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed here on my anual vacation to Thailand, Overall I enjoyed the yorkshire. My recomendation is to stay in the delux or double delux rooms (i forget the exact names) priced around 2500, anything cheaper is not very nice and for anything above that price range you could better bang for your buck elsewhere. The delux rooms are spot on. best value for money.

The first 2 nights my room was on the same side as bangla road and It can be quite loud and difficult to sleep if your not stumbling to your room drunk at 4am. I asked to switch to the other side and the friendly front desk manager switched me no problem to a room right across the hall for my final 5 nights. nice and quiet. No water in the rooms one day which made it difficult to shower but i imagine thats an issue with the city and not the hotel.

Location is great, dont need to spend money on tuktuk as you are literally in the middle of patong, perfect!

Restaurant food is surprisingly good, I am a proffesional chef and I realy enjoyed the simple english pub style food & breakfast at the yorkshire. Chef is a nice guy who I chatted with while we watched the town evacuate during the april tsunami scare.

The yorkshire has a nice well kept pool area but unfortunately it is right beside some ugly run down neighbouring buildings where the tennants like to stare at the guests in the pool. So I decided to go to the beach most days.

Front desk organised airport drop off for me uppon my departure and I left a generous tip for the housekeeping ladies as they do a tremendous job at the yorkshire.

My mate recomended this hotel to me and i will do the same and most probably return next year as overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed at the Yorkshire on a recent golfing trip with my buddy, Matt. He stayed at the hotel before and recommended that we stay there because:

1. Great location
2. Good clean rooms at a reasonable price
3. Great service

He was right. The hotel is within walking distance to the bars but quiet enough to get some sleep at night. The room was large and clean and the A/C kept the room very cool and comfortable at night. The service was friendly starting from the receptionist (Tata), to the wait staff at the restaurant (Tuk Ta and Aom) and all the bar staff, etc.

Paul the owner / manager offered great tips on the nearby golf courses and helped us make the tee time reservations. Since we were there during the rainy season he advised us not to make reservations until the morning we wanted to play to make sure we don't get rained out, which turns out to be excellent advice.

The food at the hotel was very good and the chef was very friendly. A big plus is that the restaurant / bar was air conditioned. I rather eat at some place cool because I am not a big fan of sweating while I am eating.

All in all a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Great hotel! Well priced, good food and comfortable accommodations. The staff is particularly warm and friendly. Tuk ta was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends