All reviews large double deluxe bangla road steam room pool and gym tuk tuk patong beach location is great air con cleaning staff nice pool minute walk to the beach great facilities thai food enjoyed my stay bars and restaurants shopping mall low season
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We found this hotel to be a good base in Patong if you intend to be out all day and night, as we were during our 3 day stay here. The Suite was clean and surprisingly quiet given its close location to Bangla Road. We had 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms in the Suite and it was plenty big enough for the 5 of us but I imagine that if you were the type to stay in your hotel room a lot, it would start to feel claustrophobic after a while due to the lack of views. The Staff were nice and the breakfast was big and well cooked, though you do have to pay for it as its not included in the room price. We only swam in the pool for a short time, but the water was clean and there was plenty of pool loungers. A note:- the suites are separated from the hotel by a couple of shops, which seemed to confuse some newcomers but as we were picked up at the airport and taken to our rooms, it wasn't a problem for us. If you go to the Yorkshire remembering that it is a hotel and not a resort, I think this place was good value for money, especially for a family.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2012

French for a week in Patong I really appreciate the warm welcome, the availibity of the crew, their attention, smiles. The spa, the swimming pool and the gym are just perfect for a break after a short night. Very clean, you appreciate to go back (late...) in your room. I had a double deluxe which is perfect. Just a detail, mine didn't get any windows... Does not matter anyway.
Cheers

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

As part of our honeymoon in Thailand, we spent 4 nights at The Yorkshire in Phuket. Paul the owner, really took care of us. The Dalesman Suite we had was superb. The pool at this hotel is top notch. Also, we were presently suprised by the food quality. The mainly british cuisine is thoughtfully prepared and met all of our expectations. If you are planing a trip to Phuket, we would highly reccomend The Yorkshire.

Brian and Robyn

Room Tip: Talk to the owner Paul for advice, he will assist you any way he can.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2011

if your main requirement is to be close to the action of Bangla the Yorkshire is a good option. all the staff were very friendly. The pool area is good. The gym is very good. My room was a bit dated (I believe they have renovated contemporary rooms as well) but was clean and had all I needed.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This was my 3rd trip to Patong this year and after staying in the Royal Phawadee and BYD lofts earlier in the year I decided to try The Yorkshire mainly due to great location and good reviews on tripadvisor. As all the appartments where booked out I decided to try the Superior Delux which looked good on papper. The room was quite large but can't be compared to similar prices appartments at BYD lofts. The room had the most strange layout with shower at one end and toilet at the other also using the toilet was quite difficult as the door opens inwards towards the sink so you keep hitting yourself on the door going in and out. Bed was ok quite large and comfortable and the room had a large plasma TV which most of the time didn't work as the reception was horrible. After talking to the front desk many times about this I just kept getting the standard Thai response "sorry sir" and then a smile but no one cared to do anything about it. Both the shower room and toilet was really really smelly with a sewage smell. Same thing here when talking to the front desk you get the normal "sorry sir" but no one did anything. When booking this room I was told in writing that there was no work being carried out at the hotel but when cheking in there was a big sign in reception apologizing for the work and every morning and most of the day there was lot of construction nice, drilling, cutting etc. The room also had a balcony which faced straight towards a wall and several AC units not not much use which was also disappointing for something being marked at the time if booking which I also have in writing as "The most luxurious room available". The hotel has an excellent gym and the pool is really nice but due to the location between buildings you get limited sun. The restaurants where normally good but don't get the steak. I tried it twice and both times half the steak was fat which you don't really want when you pay over 500Bath and when I told the staff both times same as always "sorry sir" and that was it. It's a great place to watch sports and football many TV's and many games on so tumbs up for that. The biggest disappointment and this is a big one when I checked in I asked for two more nights then originally booked and was told no problem and on the card you get to access the gym and get towels from the pool the also put the revised dates so as you can imagine you wouldn't expect a problem right. Wrong, without a warning I get a knock on the door on the afternoon of the original checkout date saying "checkout you leave now" I was very surprised and tried to explain I had change the dates a week earlier when checking in and also showed then the card for the towels I got from reception with the dates on it. You guessed it same story again "sorry sir, can't help" so with half an hour I had to pack all my things and leave so I found myself outside with my bags and no where to stay. The hotel staff didn't even bother to help me find somewhere else but all they could say was "Sorry busy busy".

I so wanted to love this place as on paper it has everything you could ever want in Patong which is great location, pool, large rooms, gym, good restaurants etc. But the reality is far from it and the main think letting it down is the Thai staff who doesn't really make an effert to help much, makes many mistakes and doesn't listen.

Room Tip: Stay at BYD lofts
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Phuketgolfer, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to review the Yorkshire hotel.
Guest feedback, both good and bad, is important to us, and provides a very helpful management tool to constantly strive to improve our services, facilities and the hotel in general.
Although we receive extremely few negative reviews, when a customer does not leave the hotel feeling satisfied, it is of great concern to both myself, and my Management team.
Let me start my response by apologising to you for the less than satisfactory experience you had at the hotel during your stay.
As a Management Team, we fully accept that the yorkshire hotel is not "everyone's cup of tea", but the number of returning guests would indicate that a certain segment of the market really enjoy the product we offer.
That said, it is unacceptable that my staff failed to respond in a manner that you found acceptable, and this review has been taken up with my Senior Managers.
I would like to say, that a comparison between the yorkshire Hotel and BYD Lofts is a little unfair. The price of a room is determined by many factors, and the components of our room rate calculation differ substantially from BYD Lofts. Factors like location, convenience and facilities all play a major role in the "customer experience", and this experience differs from hotel to hotel.
We would really like you to stay with us again, and I invite you to contact me directly through the website in order for me to further address your concerns.
Once again, I apologise for those elements of the hotel that failed to meet your expectations, and I look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel in the near future.