“The Most Bad Experience Ever”

Tropica Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
“The Most Bad Experience Ever”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

1. Terrible Bathroom.
2. Reptiles are everywhere.
3. Old and sign of use appear on all equipments.
4. Unclean Rooms and halls.

Not Recommended at ALL.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mishari_12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here beginning of January 2012 (5Nights). Booked for 2 people over Agoda but voucher showed 1 person. Sent a messge to change to 2 people but voucher was still not ammended so we called direct to hotel to ask if they got the ammendment. The reply was 'YES' and all is okay with the booking. On the second day of our stay, we got a rude shock and were told to pay more. We tried to talk with the lady manager who was not very friendly and she even tried to call us liars saying that we did not call the hotel about our booking. In all my travels I have never been treated like this before. She didn't even try to meet us halfway - just wanted the money. Appauling treatment!!!!!! Problem here was the Front Office could not speak English! Will never go back here again. (2 peacocks opposite the rooms which made terrible noises besides the noisy Bangla street.)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Loliwe16
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
This happens from time to time, guest who book trough an online website like Agoda, believe the hotel can change the mistakes they made upon booking, we can not.
The booking can only be changed by Agoda, the guest is responsible to have the booking correct.
If he booked for one person, it will be a different price then 2 person, and we can not change that.
Each guest who books with such a website is responsible for the booking details, and if he needs to change something, he has to do that with the company, not with us.

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I booked TWO bungalows for 3 nights in January 2012, which is high season obviously. I paid a deposit of 6030 baht when I booked in July 2011 and I admit I did see the no deposit refund clause. However when due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel our booking, I gave THREE CLEAR MONTHS notice of our cancellation. I emailed and explained our situation and asked that due to the fact I had given so much notice and that as the booking was in high season they would certainly have no problem rebooking the rooms - could they please refund my large deposit. I received an email on 14th October saying that the person reading my email would ask his boss and let me know, but I have heard nothing since, nor have I received even a part refund. Also I was quoted 1300 baht for our family of 5 to be picked up from the airport on the evening of our arrival by Tropica.... which is twice what another nearby similar priced hotel quoted.

Having read the Hotels replies to other people who have posted bad comments on T.A. - I can see that the Management has a lot to learn when it comes to customer service. I'm very glad we won't be staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JessGirls
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Many our guests book in advance to get our early bird discount.
As this guest did, she even cancelled her first booking done trough an online company, to get the discount. Then she cancels due to unforeseen circumstances this booking as well.
The reason given was weak, every hotel has such guests, booking and cancel, because they have found another cheaper place ( see her last line stayed in Phuket in December 2011 with family )
Now we clearly mention that a deposit is non refundable, to avoid such guests, we call shoppers, shopping around and book hotels just to cancel later on, many a few days before arrival.
How unfair this guest is you can see what she says about the pickup price, 5 persons , minibus, late night pickup, airport to hotel 45 km distance, the driver has to drive to airport and back, 1300.-Bht , please tell me a hotel which charges half this price.
The management
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Disgusting, disgusting water with a weak stream, a wide range of flying which wants to sting you. Shocking staff and don't functioned well. When we arrived the room we encountered Bllachlocc on the sheets form mouse droppings. Great location opposite don't come to this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MaorGrians
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Water which has no strong pressure, disgusting?
Mouse droppings on the bed?
Some people do not know the difference between a mouse and a gecko, which is by the way a very useful animal, eating insects. In the tropics we have insects, more so in the raining time and no one can avoid geckos, I’m happy to have them in my house. This does not mean it is right to have a gecko dropping on a bed, our staff does clean every room daily, but it can happen.
It looks to me like this guest complains are unfair overblown, If you cannot stand Insects, stay away from the tropics, holidays on Ice avoids insects.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Like most tourists, we were attracted to the beautiful setting and the fact other tourists were eating there. The setting is beautiful and they have small personal open wooden cabins which sit 4 people very comfortably (equipped with a ceiling fan). Wide ranging menu for meat eaters and vegetarians but prices are much more dear than local Thai restaurants. E.g. a stir fried beef dish would usually cost 80-100 Baht in a local restaurant, but this restaurant charges 3 times that amount.

A friend ordered the Half Chicken and chips and the chicken was so overcooked it was drier than Ghandi's slipper in the desert. We complained to the waitress and she smiled and nodded (you'll get that a lot in Thailand). Word of warning, stick to Thai dishes. Still a lovely place but if your after authentic tasting Thai dishes I wouldn't choose this place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank COOPSTheNaughtyNomad
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Tropica Restaurant has a big sign above the restaurant and on the road which reads; Beergarden
Along the restaurant we have placed menu cards for every guest to see before entering.
So each guest can check how much our prices are before ordering food.