I paid $A67 a night through AsiaDirect, and only found out at the last minute they'd bunged on some taxes, whereas on Wotif you always pay what they quote up front.
So I was a little peeved to begin with...although its all relative, A$67 buys you nothing in Australia or Europe, but it gets you a nice 3.5 star room in a prime location, so I should be less churlish...
The hotel is on the beach road, next to Baan Lamai, which is a much nicer looking, if slightly dearer hotel... The Royal Palm has no ground level pool to landscape around like the Baan Lamai or the Holiday Inn just a couple of doors down, so it doesnt give the appearance of a desirable place like those 2 do. But its clean, its quiet, and so long as its not bucketing down rain and blowing a gale like it was when I was there, the semi open dining area is a lovely spot to eat your breakfast or dinner with a view of the beach over the road, a view only slightly impeded by tuk tuks and passers by.
Its just that there was nothing special to remember about the place. My other Patong favourites stand out because they are either so tranquil and relaxing and affordably luxurious (Deevana) or else incredibly good value for money like the Patong Beach lodge. So its 3 stars from 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few step to the beach Near Patong Nightlife & Shopping ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Palm Beach Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Palm Beach Front Hotel Patong
- Royal Palm Beach Front Patong
- The Royal Palm Beach Front Patong, Phuket