“Classic Italian restaurant ”
Review of Baia Del Sole

Baia Del Sole
Ranked #136 of 691 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small corner of Italy in Thailand, where u can try the really italian tasty, from italian espresso till Pasta. Very clean place.
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here twice day after day while staying in phuket.
Good service nice owner.
The food came fast and perfect althought the restaurant was full.
Dishes are tasty and BIG!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

We stayed here recently and ate in this restaurant on 3 occasions...We had Thai food on the 1st visit which was very nice...Italian on the 2nd visit which was also tasty..The only weird item we got was garlic bread...It was whole chunks of garlic on a toasted piece of bread--not the usual garlic bread we are used too---far too strong....gadz i can still taste it now...Vampires will stay away for years if you eat this...All in all the staff were very friendly and we enjoyed it...x

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Service was quick! Prices are reasonable! Easy parking for scooter in front! I tried one carbonara pennes but it wasnt something special! I just eat it because i was hungry!! Needs improvement!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We have so far been using trip advisor to choose our meals whilst staying in Phuket. This place had pretty good ones and was busy on the 2 occasions we had driven past so decided to give it a go. Our eldest son also fancied pizza but sadly this wasn’t on the menu.

The road it’s on is particularly bad to walk up. Especially with children as there’s nowhere safe to walk but we managed to arrive in one piece.

We were seated inside as outside was too busy and it was clean and tidy but very bright and clinical looking, a bit like a canteen. Nothing bad to say at all hygiene wise just not much ambience especially for an Italian.

The bread on the table was dry but we’ve not yet been given bread in a basket anywhere else so that could be a Thai thing.

We ordered some garlic bread to share but personally I found it inedible as it had huge chunks of raw garlic on it and was very overpowering even for a garlic fan like myself.

I had a Thai stir fry dish which was ok but definitely not to the standard I have been eating, even in cheap places. The rice was very very dry too. My partner ordered arrabiata which again was ok. Not terrible but not great either. Maybe we are spoiled living in central London or maybe it’s just Thai Italian isn’t great but either way we didn’t find it that great.

The food and beer was very cheap, came to about £16 for 2 mains, 1 starter, 3 beers and 2 soft drinks so that’s a redeeming feature I guess.

Having re-read the reviews, a lot of them are referring to coffee etc. So maybe we just visited at the wrong time of day or maybe we have been spoiled so far with the standard of food but I do think it is overrated.

bds1973, Direttore at Baia Del Sole, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

I m really Apologize reading your review. Just Need say that our restaurant is bright, but not look clinica, because l never saw in my life hospital with walls red, Yellow and blumarine. About food, thai stir dish must be dry, if are wet is meaning are long time that are boiled. About italian food, l don ' t know about standard in london city, because l' m italian. So hope u will give a second chance, we will do our best to make dish in style that u like.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The staff is just awesome, the owner made me feel home all' my stay in phuket and He was very kind. I did dinner almost every day here and everything was perfect, from the pasta to the dessert (tiramisù in particular, finally a well Made properly). The prices for what u get are really low. Highly recommended, i ll be back 100% Next time in phuket! Ciao

1  Thank michelerighetti77