Devana Patong proved to be a mediocre hotel .Although placed almost in a convenient location with shopping centres and eat outs comfortably in reach; we did not thoroughly enjoy our stay here.
Our first impression blanked out as we were not welcomed warmly as in the other hotels. We reached this hotel by 12:30 PM and were made to wait for an hour for the room to be arranged. This was inspite of the pre booking we had done. Meanwhile the lady in the reception was not all that very friendly .There are some places where you get warmth or importance being the customer /client. But in here both were missing .We were just a piece of duty !. Although they seem to be not happy that we booked through agoda.com!
After being walked into the room, we were put off immediately with the make of the room. The room was very neat .however the room just gave us a feeling of being in a lodging house rather than being in a hotel and particularly didn’t feel the privacy comfort factor. Curtains in pool side cottages were so normal that it did not give us enough privacy. When we travel with family, we do consider privacy factor a priority.
As soon as we stepped into the room the power shut went down and Air conditioning stopped working. We had to call the duty manager to check upon it and get the room changed, happy that they honoured that request without struggle.
One day after returning back from our tour we noticed that the towels placed for change have not been removed or replaced, after being agitated we complained to the manager on duty and yet there was no response.
They had to place 2 bottles of water every day in the room. However this was not getting done every day. We need to constantly call and ask for these bottles.
There were cats all over the place in the hotel, even in the dining area.
Overall not a place worth for the money paid ! We would defiantly not choose this place on our next visit to Phuket .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Patong Resort And Spa locates 200 metre from Patong Beach whilst has never been effected by tsunami and has been operating as usual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Deevana Patong Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deevana Patong Resort And Spa
- Deevana Patong Hotel Patong
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa Phuket