“not as bad as some of neighboring hotels”

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 29 April 2012

deevana is very well priced, but for a good reason.... if you are backpacking and sleeping in hostels, it may be an upgrade, otherwise, i suggest spending some more and getting a nicer hotel. i rated them as poor because they dont take care of ants and mosquitoes. i got bitten up and my suitcase was full of ants. only here for one night- i recommend brand name hotels. i didnt even bother checking out the "facilities" oh well, front desk people were nice and friendly, a shame that the room was not comfy.

Room Tip: find out which room was bug-sprayed recently
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nycsir
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed in the Garden wing last week for 3 nights. I had only one complain that it was atleast 20min walk away from the beach otherwise everything else was great.
Nice and comfortable rooms with all amenities. Helpful reception staff specially Nina the English speaking lady. Room service always there when needed. Yes they sent a plate of chees slices when I requested for extra bedsheet :)
Pool was nice and clean but little crowded at times.
Overall experince for me is great. Yea it's far from Bangla road so if u r a party freak than this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank aftabsiddiqui
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This was quite a great hotel-resort to stay in. I didn't like where it was situated at, in the midst of Patong busy street. Guess I was expecting it to be near the beach or something. But when I went further in, it felt more like a resort. My boyfriend and I bought it on a package and the hotel came together with it. We checked in early about 10 am but was told to wait for 1 hour since they had to clean the room. Our superior room was in the garden wing side. Initially, we wanted to upgrade it to Deluxe in the spa wing side as we wanted the jacuzzi but they told us it was full. The staffs were pretty friendly and greeted everyone as we walked past.

The downside of the room was that whenever you open your door, mozzies will fly inside and yeah I've got quite a few bites :/ But other than that our room was situated right outside the pool so we enjoyed our view :)

Also they provide free shuttle service at 12.30pm to Phuket town (only once :/) and Patong beach. They also have their own taxi service. (but its more costly than outside ones) What we loved about this hotel is that they have this friendly pancake lady who recognises everyone and we would have pancakes for supper! Saw some spas outside our hotel but we didn't get to try it though :/ The perks of this hotel is their breakfast. Love their custard pancake!!!! :>

Other than that, I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. For my next trip, I think I will be experimenting other hotels though :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank healthykiwi
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have just got back from a great holiday in lovely thailand..... seriously amazing....only one thing spoilt it. Deevana.We spent 5 nights there during April. The rooms are underwhelming basic and do not under reflect the luxury description give on the website. I was very disappointed to say the least. The general location is ok.. far enough away from the hussles and bussle but not to far. Within an hour of getting there I requested that our room be changed because someone was using a chain saw behind the room.... nice. Our second room seemed to have blocked sink that was causing a stink. The breakfast was nothing special.... you are better off walking down the road to resteraunt. The one thing that really annoyed me was being charged for two towels that were never replaced in our room....20 pounds for two towels, for the amount we paid and spent in the hotel I would expect them not to care... but to almost penalise us for it was just not on... my advice is to try the grace land hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms near the swimming area looked better....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gerald b
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was our 2nd hotel in Phuket.

1st day - Checkin Time 2.00 PM - Room not ready...went out came back.
6 PM- Room not ready - there goes the experience and customer service out the window.

But, the room was nice with access to the pool. We had a good time in pool bar !!!

Bfast- All American - standard not very fancy !

Last Day - Driver was abusive and refused to help with luggage at the airport !!!

Sadly this is what I will remember of this hotel forever...should have picked a hotel near to the beach !

Regards
Varun

(Travelled in Dec 2009-but the menu does not have an option to select the date)

Room Tip: No need to spend extra bucks on the room with private Jacuzzi...such a waste...just walk over to the...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coolaxe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.3 km away
2.4 km away
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
#12 of 328 in Patong

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK