“Good but not brilliant”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Italian food and thai food Wood oven pizza very good
Description: Italian food and thai food Wood oven pizza very good
Reviewed 17 March 2018

My wife and I tried this on spec. It was a nice place - run by an Italian but fair to say not cooked by.

I had pasta (quarto fromagi) which was very nice and would readily order the same again.

My wife ordered a margarita con buffalo. The base was excellent. The topping was a bit bland. My wife thought it was missing herbs or seasoning. It may in fact have been that there was simply too much cheese - not something I thought I would ever say! It seemed that the regular mozzarella and the buffalo were loaded and it seemed a bit much.

Surprisingly, my pasta arrived way ahead of my wife's pizza so I ended up half way through my meal before she even had hers. It wasn't that busy and we suspect they somehow forgot to put the pizza on.

We sat outside. It was a fairly muggy night. The ceiling fans were on but they seemed somewhat old and in need of some TLC - with the rotating function not working properly leaving us a little overheated in a corner near the pizza oven. We could of course have moved inside but on the other hand, the fans may benefit from a bit of WD40!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

there are 5 pizza shops arround but the crust is not that good as here. top crust. the ham as sample is in all phuket pizza cheap local ham not imported high quality ham.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We have been to Phuket first time (15jan-30jan), and by accident we bumped into this restaurant. thanks god we walked there and we were hungry so with my gf we decided to sit in and eat. we have been there 5-6 times . the food is extremely tasty, and its real food , i mean the cook it there for you. no frozen food...etc. Im telling you this is the real deal! i ate soup, main, and dessert. all is perfect. you must go and try! you will be not disappointed i guarantee you! the owner is a really cool guy, and very kind, even he came and shake hands with us, he ask us always about the food if it is good or not.. so he is a cool guy! the waiters work hard, and they are very friendly! we loved this restaurant! thank you guys for the tasty food and the perfect service! Laszlo Bokor & Petra Johansson

Reviewed 18 December 2017

If you want to have a real pizza baked in a stoneowen as they should be done go here. The staff are helpful and serviceminded. If you order meat on the pizza remember that it will not taste as usual if you are from Europe. In my mind vegetables on the pizza here is preferable othewise if you just look at the pizza you could be in Italy. The staff understands italian.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great and tasty food with fast servive. Hard to get in because of aggressive barkers of ptevious restaurants.

Been to Da Mario? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK