Monsoon Bar - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Worth a visit

Cheap drink and live music. As we were passing we stopped and had a couple of drinks and watched... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2019
mp8625
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
The Place!

I was on a business trip for four weeks in Cape Panwa. Of course, I needed to visit Bangla Street... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2019
Thomasgiandomenico
Santorini, Greece

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

Our server ripped us off. They told us 2 for 1 before entering then she handed us a menu 150 baht for 1 Small Chang beer. The live music was really good but I hate getting scammed. The band did cover for tons of the new hits, everyone was very talented. Maybe go here and watch the band without buying the drinks.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Dlo858
Reviewed 20 February 2019

Came across Monsoon on the night of my sisters birthday - she had an absolute ball making friends, drinking shots and dancing. Teenagers with us were a bit bored so the night ended early. Hubby and I came back 2 time again and on both occasions loved it. The band are EXCELLENT!!! So entertaining, engage the audience, sing and dance up a storm. Bar staff are good - drinks good. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

I’m not one to write reviews, nor very negative ones but this place was awful. We payed $25 (Australian) for two drinks that were both undrinkable, my boyfriend ordered a Captain Morgan which literally tasted like poison. On top of that the customer service in this bar was awful, we had a waitress roll her eyes at us after not wanting to leave a tip which she ended up taking anyway. In conclusion, we left both drinks behind after taking only a few sips.

1  Thank Danielle H
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

They just wanted only your money! I went there with my friends and I felt sick so I didn’t order anything but the waitress tried to force me to order something rudely with bad attitude.

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

We discovered it one night by passing by and hearing the band play. I must tell, it is probably one of the best cover bands I've ever heard. They would sing anything from Cranberries to Shakira or hip.hop impeccably. The service was excellent and they ask you to pay only after you got your drinks on the table. The cocktails were good and not diluted at all. So was the beer (Chang). All the stuff was smiling all the time and very prompt. We went there three nights in a row before we left. They have great attention to details - a photographer who is very quick on updating the photos on the site, a man at the toilet to provide you with towels, soap, and a good joke :), the waitress would empty the ashtray or clean the table very often. But once again, hands up for the band. Amazing singers and dancers. Must mention the thin with the short hair and glasses. Wow! What a voice