Monsoon Bar - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Worth a visit

Cheap drink and live music. As we were passing we stopped and had a couple of drinks and watched... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2019
mp8625
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
The Place!

I was on a business trip for four weeks in Cape Panwa. Of course, I needed to visit Bangla Street... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2019
Thomasgiandomenico
Santorini, Greece

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

If you want to witness the Worst hospitality, Rude and Abusing waitresses and racist behaviour then visit Monsoon bar at Bangla road. But if you want to have a nice evening with spouse or family just AVOID Monsoon Bar at all cost. They ask you to pay upfront even before you take first sip of your drink and do not accept cards. We ordered a wine, beer and fries and waitress said pay first. When my husband went to exchange money, that horrible waitress started shouting on him asking where is he going and started shouting ATM is in other direction. I tried to calm her down by saying that he's going to the exchange as we exhausted out bhats in shopping, and I'm waiting right here. Remind you, we haven't even touched our drinks yet given to do that, you have to pay first, however absurd it may sound as if people just leave their spouses there and run away after ordering. Anyways, the ordeal didn't end there, she went to the entrance and continued shouting to her colleagues that guy is going to fly, all this while I'm sitting there and can hear her. Though none of her colleagues paid her any attention, probably. My husband came back in less than 2 minutes and we paid the bill and I tried to explain her that we are not thieves and she shouldn't be talking to her customers like that, to which she replied that 'I don't f***** care'. A possible first used by a waitress to a customer. We were aghast by her reply. On the top of that she started abusing us in Thai or whatever, while another of her colleague took over duties from her and came to us asking if we want to order anything else. Few minutes later we saw her fighting with customers at another table when they asked for their 1+1 free drinks. We refused, finished our drink, which were diluted beyond essence, left our fries as it is and left. Though other waitress tried to smile and ask her if we want to order anything else but damage was done by that time and nobody even bothered to come and apologize for her crazy behavior. I have never in my life faced such horrible behavior by any bar/club in any country. They are just trying to lure customers with 1+1 free drink, which they are compensating by diluting drinks. I suggest don't spoil your trip by vising this Horrible place. There are tons of better places at paton beach road. Don't fell for their cheap trickery.

Date of experience: December 2018
5  Thank PratibhaMalik
TheDonBenito, Owner at Monsoon Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Hello Pratibha, I have answered your other review on facebook. I will repeat the same thing here so the shaming of Monsoon could be put in perspective has Monsoon is a great place and you seem to have the worst experience of your life there, which shock us. First of all we do ask people to pay upfront like many other places around the world by the way. Bangla road is a very active street with a lot of "active" visitors. To take an order and comeback to an empty table was not rare before we put that system in place. For the extreme rude behaviour of the waitress, we have 2 managers on site every night, please for every other bar owner that you will blast on internet, go talk to them and make a physical on site complaint. To do so by writing a bad review doesn't fix anything if it happened. Now for the diluted drinks, we are the only place in south east Asia to use a North American automated pouring system called AzBar, look it up. It is impossible to serve anything else then what you have order in the amount, quantity it is programmed. Barmans and waitresses have nothing to do with it, a robot does. Was the robot also rude to you? Also you would have to explain to me how can we dilute a beer bottle or even a glass of wine. Sadly you felt hurt and you try to hurt us back but we are not that waitress, you should have helped us identifying her instead.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

First night exploring Patong's nightlife and we ended up in Monsoon Bar and enjoying the live band. They were AMAZING!!!!!!!!! They sand all the up to date songs, and they could perform liek superstars! The drinks were cheap too :)

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner went here every night while staying in Phuket. We were drawn in by the buy one get one free offers. Then once in there, the live band were just unbelievable-we couldn’t help coming back time and time again!
The live band are fantastic singers with such positive energy- was really good entertainment
The staff are right there to get you another drink as soon as yours is empty and there is a pool table you can use as well. Definitely go here for s drink and a dance if you go to Patong Beach!

1  Thank Emma_Hart_93
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We decided to have a drink at this bar due to the live music that was playing. My husband and I had the coupons which we used straight away. The waitress going around with the syringe shots was an absolute hoot, she was funny and built great rapport with us. The band that was playing were fantastic! Such a great vibe that we visited a few times again while in Phuket, we got talking with the band members who were so lovely. Highly recommended when in Patong.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Walking down Patong beach strip we saw the atmosphere from Monsoon and had to go in. Added bonus the first drink of beer was 49BHT! Yes please!

Awesome band which had everyone loving it!

I will definitely revisit this bar- best on the strip

Enjoy!