“Lovely spot”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: B-lay Tong hotel's signature restaurant offers a full range of both International and Thai dishes. Our chef can cater for all tastes and all occasions as we pride ourselves in being both flexible and successful in providing a superlative dining experience. With our outdoor beach front dining area you can dine under the stars with the ocean breeze to cool you whilst listening to our live band. And for those that just wish to have a drink, our beach front bar can serve you one of our signature honey cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate here one evening after visiting the elephants. Very pleasant restaurant . Good service food is delicious , but mojitos can be a little strong.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The food: my man ordered Nasi Goreng with Chicken, and I was keen to try the Papaya salad, as this was my first time in
Thailand and never had it before.

The result: his dish had the smallest chicken satay skewers ever. Well at least his sticky rice was drenched in oil. Too bad he doesn’t like oily foods. My dish smelled like trash bins left in the sun, but decided to try, thinking “I don’t know what this is meant to smell or taste like, maybe it’s normal”. I couldn’t eat it... it smelled very bad every time I would bring the fork close to my mouth, so I left it.

Drinks: the pina colada I had was nice, which I ordered because they didn’t have the passion fruit Mojito available. My partner wanted one of the 3 special whiskies on the menu(Laphroig, Talisker, and one more) and they had none of them. Surprisingly, in their menu these whiskies were prices at ~250Baht, whilst Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker was priced at ~350B. He had to order JW in the end, and after asking if each glass has 100ml of whisky (and they said yes), it arrived as a portion of about half that.

Timing: it took about 20 minutes for us to get our food.

The bill: 1200 Baht, for food we barely touched. It included service charge, and they at least gave us back the money for service charge, due to the fact that we said the food was very bad.

We ended up going to another restaurant straight after that, to get some food and hoped we wouldn’t feel sick. We didn’t in the end, thank God.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

The food was terrible, and very expensive, but little did we know that we would all have severe food poisioning. Ruined the rest of our holiday. The place is dirty and unclean - I would strong advise eating elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Rude staff
Small (child) portions - vastly overpriced
Slow service (waited 45 mins and then starter and mains came together)
Food was cold - sent back
Bill had extra items on it
More staff than customers, but even still they were useless, slow and unresponsive
Another table of customers complained and refused to pay bill

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Definitely have to have the satay entree.
The coating on the chicken is amazing and the dipping sauce is too. The staff were fantastic.