US$ 32
Patong Beach Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
  • Restaurant
Amari Phuket(Patong)
US$ 179
US$ 145
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 48
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 58/night.

Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 112
US$ 109
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 125/night.

US$ 125
US$ 96
Priceline
All reviewsguest houseair conchang beerbasic roomdvd playerbook toursmemorable staymain buildingno elevatorpatong beachsuitenoiseaccommassagephuketburmesemildew
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Really wanted go give this place a go seeing as it is gay opened. But I just keep having to make excuses for it. I will say I did book one of the cheaper rooms, but was surprised by how cheap it was. I've stayed in nicer dorm hostels. My room was in a different building then the main part of he hotel, up a very creepy hallway. Also was disappointed that with being a guest, you still have to pay to use the sauna, should be included. All in all as much as I want to support LGBT business, I can't bring myself to stay longer then 2 nights. For what the price is, it's not awful, but it's not good either.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Steven,
I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the room, but as you say yourself you booked the cheapest room category for less than 15 USD/ night, though still offering all modern comfort like aircon, fridge, flatsreen TV, free WiFi, etc. Normally breakfast and free sauna entrance are included in our rates, but as you choose to book on a cheaper room only base I think it is unfair to say that the sauna entrance should be included. For a couple of dollars more you could have had everything included, but you decided to go for the cheapest option without these amenities.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Just had the very good beef steak (300 gr.!) for only 269 Bath! (with French fries, home made pepper sauce and salad) with a friend. He had it medium done, me blue. Like always the steak is super tender and tasty. My friend was very amazed and happy with the taste too, so he told me he went back again three days later to have one again. It is Thai breeded cows. Most steaks in Holland are less tender and less tasty. I keep coming for this at Aquarius and also for the home made potato salad in stead of the french fries.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ronald-Pieter,
thank you very much for your kind review, which is very appreciated.
You have become a very regular diner and have brought a lot of friends with you,
who all also appreciated our food very much. Keep on saying it on.
Hoping to see you soon again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I thought I should write a review about this hotel after reading all the bad reviews they have. I booked the cheapest room of all, and to my surprise, it was all nice, clean and tidy. Basically, you get what you pay for. You cannot expect getting a suite for the price you pay here, and to be honest, it was better than I thought it would be.
Close to all the gay bars and clubs, breakfast included and a nice bar where you can start your night having a drink or something to eat.
I would definitely stay again if I come back to Phuket and recommend it to my (gay) friends

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Karim,
thank you very much for your review, which is much appreciated.
It of course always is good to hear that our guests were fully satisfied and felt as like they were at home. Hoping to see you again in the near furture.
Warm regards from all Aquarius team,

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I really don't understand why there are so many bad reviews about this place. I booked the big Superior room and it was nice. I mean it's not the Ritz Carlton but clean and super friendly staff. Just as expected. After reading the reviews about the sauna I was actually scared going in there, but again it is a clean place, not run down, perfect for a rainy afternoon. Again you are not in New York or Berlin, but you also don't pay $50 to get in. It's actually included in your room charge to go to the sauna, as is a wonderful breakfast. The staff is most welcoming and friendly. The food I had was also very good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear valued guest,
thank you very much for your review.
It always is a pleasure to hear that our guests did fully enjoy their stay and recognized our efforts to make every guest feel like at home.
Your review is particularly appreciated as in my opinion it is a very realistic review, which perfectly describes what we are.
You describe perfectly that we are not a Ritz Carlton hotel and that the rates are not the same either, though very good value for money.
I think you also make a great point to ask yourself why there are a number of bad reviews as I often ask myself the same question.
In fact the reality is that almost the totality of bad reviews comes from guests who booked the cheapest room categories and expected to find a 5 star Suite and service for a low price. We just will have to live with that.
In the meantime we can assure you that we will continue our efforts to keep Aquarius up-to-date and make our guest feel like at home.
Thanks again. Hoping to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We arrived at the property at approx. 8am in the morning. We had booked the Superior Annex Wing with Private Balcony. On arrival we were taken to a very 'grubby' entrance. We were then led up 3 flights of stairs with very heavy cases as we were here for 3 weeks. We walked into the room..... The bedding was filthy, the patio door came off in my hands and the shower had mould growing up it. Also the balcony was not safe and the view was not what they show on the website!!!!!! They are not now gleaming yellow but are all dirty and black with one over the view which I can only describe as had a fire...... It really is that bad. We immediately said that we were not prepared to spend 1 night in that room so went to reception. In fairness the owner sorted us another room which was a master suite but we had to pay a further 100 GBP for the holiday to move rooms..... Persoinally I felt that this was unacceptable but paid anyway just to make sure that the holiday got off to a better start. If anyone is thinking of booking this guesthouse then stay in the main hotel and pay the extra...... Do not stay in the annex at all..... Personally I would say that you should find another hotel or guesthouse all together as it really is awful.... On the day that we checked out (6am) The staff tried to charge us for a mini bar from the room.... (it hadn't been restocked for 3 days) We had cleared our bill the day before and they tried to recharge even though not restocked)..... I rated this on trip advisor as 1 but if there was a minus score I would have given it........ DO NOT STAY IN THIS GUESTHOUSE PLEASE....... IT IS WORSE THAN TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Either stay in a Master Suite or higher or you will be severely disappointed and will regret booking this place.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darrenbithell
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Darren,

every time I talked to you and/ or to your boyfriend and asked you if everything was fine you answered that all was perfect. Therefore I am highly surprised you completely changed your mind after your departure.
I know you didn't like our cheapest room in the annex which you originally had booked, but I thought we had found a nice solution by offering you a much bigger and more luxury accommodation at a slightly higher rate in our main building.
I think that 30 GBP is not at all expensive for a room like this including daily breakfast and free sauna entrance for two during the high season and 24 GBP during the low season. I rather had expected some appreciation from your side for this nice discounted arrangement instead of what you are reviewing.
We are very aware, that like in any other hotel in the world we can't please 100 % of our guests and that some guests will never be happy. Unfortunately you apparently are one of those few.
Nevertheless, your review strokes with what think and are reviewing the majority of both our new and returning guests and with a pretty high score of 60 to 70% returning guests I'm sure it cant be as bad as you want to make believe your readers.