“Sauna ”

Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna
Ranked #42 of 232 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I didn't know it's a guesthouse as I thought it's a sauna only. My mistake

The sauna was really good. I came three times. Friendly stuff. 2 visits the sauna was busy and the 3rd time was ok ish but lots of fun.

Clean. Friendly stuff and it offers: sauna. steam room. pool. Jacuzzi. Showers.
Lockers.

It does not cost a lot. Just in case entry price changes I wanted to be fair with the owner' of the place. It opens at 3:30 till 9/9:30 pm.

I had breakfast twice there. Basic menu but the food was nice ( scramble or fried eggs, ham, sausages, tea or coffee, orange juice, yogurts and fruits). Go for it :-)

I met lovely lads there. One of them was staying there. He said it was nice and no complaints.

I missed the opportunity to stay there but I felt I have to comment on the sauna which was nice to relax and have fun with lovely lads there.

Deffo I will stay there on my next trip.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Denis,

thank you for your kind remarks. Much appreciated, as it is important for us to know how our guests think about our establishment and premises and also proves us that guests do appreciate our year-round efforts to keep everything up to date or even improve where possible or necessary. It indeed is a shame you didn't know about Aquarius Guesthouse with it's 36 rooms and Suites, as you would have had free sauna entrance and daily breakfast included in the room rates, unless you book on a "room only"-base.
Hoping to be able to welcome you in one of our rooms on your next visit to Patong.

Warm regards from all Aquarius team,

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Really wanted go give this place a go seeing as it is gay opened. But I just keep having to make excuses for it. I will say I did book one of the cheaper rooms, but was surprised by how cheap it was. I've stayed in nicer dorm hostels. My room was in a different building then the main part of he hotel, up a very creepy hallway. Also was disappointed that with being a guest, you still have to pay to use the sauna, should be included. All in all as much as I want to support LGBT business, I can't bring myself to stay longer then 2 nights. For what the price is, it's not awful, but it's not good either.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Steven,
I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the room, but as you say yourself you booked the cheapest room category for less than 15 USD/ night, though still offering all modern comfort like aircon, fridge, flatsreen TV, free WiFi, etc. Normally breakfast and free sauna entrance are included in our rates, but as you choose to book on a cheaper room only base I think it is unfair to say that the sauna entrance should be included. For a couple of dollars more you could have had everything included, but you decided to go for the cheapest option without these amenities.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Just had the very good beef steak (300 gr.!) for only 269 Bath! (with French fries, home made pepper sauce and salad) with a friend. He had it medium done, me blue. Like always the steak is super tender and tasty. My friend was very amazed and happy with the taste too, so he told me he went back again three days later to have one again. It is Thai breeded cows. Most steaks in Holland are less tender and less tasty. I keep coming for this at Aquarius and also for the home made potato salad in stead of the french fries.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ronald-Pieter,
thank you very much for your kind review, which is very appreciated.
You have become a very regular diner and have brought a lot of friends with you,
who all also appreciated our food very much. Keep on saying it on.
Hoping to see you soon again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I thought I should write a review about this hotel after reading all the bad reviews they have. I booked the cheapest room of all, and to my surprise, it was all nice, clean and tidy. Basically, you get what you pay for. You cannot expect getting a suite for the price you pay here, and to be honest, it was better than I thought it would be.
Close to all the gay bars and clubs, breakfast included and a nice bar where you can start your night having a drink or something to eat.
I would definitely stay again if I come back to Phuket and recommend it to my (gay) friends

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Karim,
thank you very much for your review, which is much appreciated.
It of course always is good to hear that our guests were fully satisfied and felt as like they were at home. Hoping to see you again in the near furture.
Warm regards from all Aquarius team,

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I really don't understand why there are so many bad reviews about this place. I booked the big Superior room and it was nice. I mean it's not the Ritz Carlton but clean and super friendly staff. Just as expected. After reading the reviews about the sauna I was actually scared going in there, but again it is a clean place, not run down, perfect for a rainy afternoon. Again you are not in New York or Berlin, but you also don't pay $50 to get in. It's actually included in your room charge to go to the sauna, as is a wonderful breakfast. The staff is most welcoming and friendly. The food I had was also very good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Paul V, Owner at Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear valued guest,
thank you very much for your review.
It always is a pleasure to hear that our guests did fully enjoy their stay and recognized our efforts to make every guest feel like at home.
Your review is particularly appreciated as in my opinion it is a very realistic review, which perfectly describes what we are.
You describe perfectly that we are not a Ritz Carlton hotel and that the rates are not the same either, though very good value for money.
I think you also make a great point to ask yourself why there are a number of bad reviews as I often ask myself the same question.
In fact the reality is that almost the totality of bad reviews comes from guests who booked the cheapest room categories and expected to find a 5 star Suite and service for a low price. We just will have to live with that.
In the meantime we can assure you that we will continue our efforts to keep Aquarius up-to-date and make our guest feel like at home.
Thanks again. Hoping to see you back soon.
Best regards,
Paul.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.1 km away
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 331 in Patong
3.1 km away
Phuket Gay Homestay - Neramit Hill

Been to Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK