We flew into Phuket Airport and went outside only to find that our 600 baht "luxury limo" that was supposed to pick us up and take us to Club Bamboo was 20 minutes late. When the driver finally got there it was a filthy old car from the mid 90's with fake tint on the windows and the seats were all torn up. We would of taken a cab to the hotel for 150 baht that was advertised to us by local cab drivers if we would of known that the car would of been 20 minutes late and a junky old sedan. DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR THE AIRPORT TRANSFER IF YOU STAY AT THIS HOTEL.
Once we arrived at the hotel we were looking forward to our "welcome drink" that the hotel also advertised. It was nothing but a glass of orange juice so don't get excited over that.
The attendant took us to the room and we found only one bed in the room and the room was in horrible condition. (see photos) I told the attendant that I specifically requested two beds on expedia and even showed him my print out where it said this but the attendant said there was nothing he could do until the next day.
We had no view, no balcony, the room was torn up and looked disgusting and nothing like pictures on the website. The water pressure was horrible and the TV was small and hardly worked. IT WAS NOTHING LIKE ADVERTISED ON THE HOTEL WEBSITE OR EXPEDIA.
We talked to the manager the next day and checked out. There were several other people in the lobby using their computers to research other areas to stay at in Phuket as well because they also felt scammed too. I was even approached by another gentleman that said him and his wife were also leaving because they feel the hotel is falsely advertised.
The hotel still made me pay 600 baht for the airport transfer, and not just for one night (mind you I slept on the couch that one night because I had requested two beds) but for two nights since the 2nd night was considered an early check out fee even though I was checking out early because I was unhappy with the hotel. I later disputed Expedia to get that 2nd night refunded.
DO NOT STAY HERE IT IS A SCAM HOTEL, notice how many of the good reviews on this web page are from the Netherlands since that is where the family that owns this place are from. Be weary of good reviews about this hotel I have pictures to prove my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Bamboo is a small boutique resort located in the best part of Phuket, Patong Beach. Situated in a jungle garden, on a foothill overlooking Patong Bay, this resort offers the chance to be close to the most lively night life and, at the same time, welcomes you in its quiet oasis of exotic green for an intimate relaxation. At night you can dine at the poolside restaurant and enjoy the fine traditional Thai cuisine hearing crickets and looking at the stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ostrovok so you can book your Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bamboo Boutique Hotel Patong
- Hotel Bamboo Boutique
- Resort Bamboo Boutique
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket