“good location with bad room locations”

The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
Ranked #62 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
“good location with bad room locations”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

just back from a 4 night holiday in phuket. stayed in the hotel and the location was good..full advance payment at the time of check in ....bad hotel policy...stayed in the new royal wing delux room...the approach to the room was not good...very bad for family travelling with infants as use of baby stroller till the room is not possible..the location of the room bad as area was close to gay night area and very loud music at night ....the hotel is old and the rest was ok

Room Tip: no good for family travelling with baby in strollers.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Charat K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

I booked the royal helladise hotel from a recommendation of a friend. I used the hotel website which seemed to be user friendly and efficient. However it did not warn me, nor did the reservation team, that the superior room I had booked in the royal wing - the booking specificaly requsting a very quiet room - was about 20 metres from the mega subwoofers of the local early morning dance club. The noise was unbelievable. I quickly returned to reception to inform the staff that it was impossible for me to sleep with earplugs even though I was exhausted after a very long flight and it was after 11 pm. This was clearly a well worn path by other guests experiencing the same intolerable conditions. I was met with unbelievable resistance and entrapment when I requested a quieter room, with a demand for an exorbitant 'room upgrade fee'. After an hour of discussion with the night manager whom basically called me a liar, I was eventually given a quiter room for only 1 night which he lamented that he was paying for the upgrade out of his own pocket. What utter rubbish. The upgraded room was worth another $5 dollars on the internet at the time I booked and frankly the only difference as that it was quiter. Not that the hotel website bothered to mention this. Breakfast was toxic and I couldn't stand the thought of more ridiculous arguments do I checked out. To their credit the day reception manager was more reasonable and after a lot of unnecessary discussion I received a refund of the other 6 nights I had booked. How this dirty hotel coumd be ISO 9001 ceetified id beyond me. Connections ? Bribery ? The ISO assessir had no sense of smell at the vey least. The first day of my holiday was spent trying to find a decent hotel and thanks to tripadvisor I found BYD Loft Apartments nearby and it has been like a second home to stay there. Royal Helladise Hotel is best experienced from afar - such as in the rear vision mirror of your departing taxi or from the window you plane trip home. There are so many better hotels in Patong for the same or less money and whom have an attitude that they actually want your business.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank drbenhanson

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2012

It took them 50 minutes to check us in. They asked for the entire payment in advance which was odd. They then ha to ask us for a cash deposit of USD 100 towards the minibar! We refused to pay that. Normally good hotels swipe your card and upon checkout, they adjust. These guys insisted for upfront full payment an a deposit.

One of our rooms had water coming in which they couldn't fix and instead of moving the room, they just put towels in front of the window to collect the water!!!

My room's air conditioner was leaking and they couldn't fix it too.

Upon checkout when we told them about the issue, their manager in duty, a Pakistani gentleman told us that we shoul have told him while we were staying in the room and not while checkout. Th tone wa rude and he was actually angry with us!!! Needless to say, we had told the housekeeping about it who had tried to fix it and ha failed!!!

During breakfast, their coffee finished and they wouldn't refill it till we insisted that they do. After which we were asked to go and take it ourselves!!!

Service orientation in this place is zero. The staff lack training and the manager rude.

I wouldn't bother to stay in this hotel at all and recommend that you don't either. It's a bad hotel with bad service.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank AnujZ
Port Dickson, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Lastly I tried to escape from my crazy schedule and went off to Phuket. This time I booked flight + accomm package from AirAsia.

Hotel lobby looked old and need some new touch here & there. The receptionists were all very friendly and looked so eager to serve my arrival.

I was then given a Superior corner room with big L-shaped balcony overlooking the hill at least as long as I dont look down.. hahahahaha..city-view was not too welcoming... (I hv been living in a beach condo at home so hilll view was superb to relax).

As I traveled alone, the size of the room is ok with king size bed. I always rearranged some minor furniture so I could have spaces and comfort.

I would say overall it was a good short term stay. The gay area didn't bother me at all. Location of the hotel is right in the shopping & happening areas. (NOTE:they are having renovation from 9th floor onwards)

The only set back was my Air Asia flight from Phuket / KUL was delayed for a bloody 3 hours which for sure I will claim from the insurance.

Room Tip: If you need piece and quiet, go for Hill view rooms & they are cheaper too. As for a corner room...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank shakeyshawn
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I just got back from Royal Paradise Hotel Phuket yesterday and we had no problems at all spending 4 nights there. It's in a lively area with the seafood restaurants at your doorstep. Rooms are clean and spotless. I booked a superior room so that explains outdated furnitures and retro box TV. I don't mind cos I had a good deal for it. If what you need is a refurbished touch than book a deluxe room instead. Well I got a room on the 11th floor of the Paradise wing with a scenic view of Patong and the beach. It's really an awesome room with direct views of the beach at a distance and the room is just next to the lift lobby. I think sometimes it's really up to the group you're travelling with and the amount of fun you had together. We had 3 rooms on the same floor and we really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was enough to get you going with halal options as well. The only down side was one of my family members had taken a laundry bag out of the room to put dirty clothings in it and upon checkout the front desk staff wanted to charge us 250 baht for it and make it seem like it was a big deal. My relative searched for it and returned it eventually.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with room numbers ending xx01 or xx02. You will have a view that's not...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family