“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 318 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed 7 nights for New Years in the Tower (Paradise Wing) and I have to say that after reading some reviews prior to my departure I was a little nervous.I dont know what some people's expectations are but this hotel is great!!! The rooms are clean, the service is good (Yes, the staff's english is not so great) and the location is terrific! Not once did I encounter the gay district but there are 2 lane ways that lead to the hotel so perhaps use the other walk way if its an issue. Its a 2 minute walk to Bangala Rd and about 10 minutes to the beach. My only issue with the hotel during my stay was the bed. Yes, the bed was hard but this is Thailand! And by the second night you got use to it. If you expect lush furnishings and surrounding as well as top notch service (Pretty much be treated like a god) then unfortunatly you have to fork out the cash for it. If you want to have a clean room to crash in after a long day out of exploring and partying and want something centrally located in the thick of things then this is the place.

Room Tip: The chinese resturant on the 24th floor is a bit pricey and to be honest I have had better but the v...
1 Thank jasmaine86
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We booked the hotel in January 2012 for a 3N4D package together with JetStart flight. Normal price for this hotel is a bit high but if you book with a package it would be quite reasonable.

- Location: This is probably the main reason you should consider this hotel. It is located in the centre of Patong Beach with all sounding shopping places and restaurants. In front of the hotel there are few almost identical terrace type of rooms with restaurants, massage parlors, bars etc. You would need to walk 2-3 minutes to get to the main street. I think it is worth it as it somehow hide itself off the main street noise but still maintain the most easy ways to get to the town centre. There are other small hotels around but none of them has as big greenery ambiance as this hotel.

- Rooms: there are two buildings. The sea view wing we stayed could have great view to the sea. Remember to request a high floor view and will give you a very good view. We stayed the one facing the pool. The good thing is that it would not get the direct sun either in the morning or afternoon. We booked the superior room but was told the rooms are all full and got us upgraded to the deluxe room which we love it. The interior were renovated we believe and it give all wooden feeling. We got a balcony and we sit by it we got to enjoy the beautiful sea view as well as the town view (especially the night scene of the town).

- Service: it is ok and should be one of the best in town (interesting as they always say they are ISO 9001 which I really have no idea how that would link together). I asked for the additional towel and they got people sent to us immediately.

- The food: the free breakfast is not bad. If you want to have a good seafood etc do not have it in the hotel. Go out to the main street. There are plenty of seafood restaurant and they offer fresh and reasonably priced prawn, lobster and fish. Walk around a bit and ask the price and you will for sure get the best deal.

- Shopping: there is a new shopping mall area just 5 min from the hotel. The area is so big and you get to choose many branded shops as well as local souvenir stores (they are located in the basement). There is also a BIG C super market and you could buy fresh fruits with a good price.

- access to the beach. You need to walk a bit to get to the beach. The hotel also provide free shuttle to the beach.

- Transportation: The hotel provides the taxi to and from the hotel. When we called the hotel to arrange the car they asked for 800 baht so we decided to get a car (they call it limousine) with 650 baht. When we check out the hotel you only need to pay 700 baht and they arranged a mini bus like to send only two of us. I wonder if they could charge by person and get all people from the same trip to share and save. But obviously they don't do that.

- Check out: be prepared to check out earlier as they would put you on hold and ask the housekeeping to check your minibar although you claim no consumption. It really took a long time for get back to you which could post a risk if you are in a hurry to catch the time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joyer10
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and English speaking. A five minute walk t the beach was very reasonable. The room was spacious and clean, had a mini bar. No wifi in the room, which was a little disappointing but there is a cable internet connection (surcharge) so you can bring your laptop.Bathroom could use some updating but overall was in a very good condition and was good size too. Our room had a nice balcony. Continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices is served every morning. The hotel is close by to night life, restaurants, bar and a shopping center. Slightly far from the airport (Phuket International) so be prepared for a pricey (for Thailand) cab ride (about 30 US dollars). Overall thumbs up. Enjoy your stay.

1 Thank nyc_420
Bordeaux, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

After a 20h flight we finally arrived to the Royal paradise, when we got there i didn't feel well at all i needed to rest immediatly as I fainted in bankgok airport before arriving, the HORRIBLE STAFF at the front desk told me they couldnt let me in the room until 2 even though it was empty and clean!
30 minutes later when they told me I could finally go to my room they told me i had to pay a 3000 baht charge for the minibar which I am not using.

Insects are everywhere in this hotel! 2 days ago me and my mother wanted to eat at the buffet at 2scnd floor so one of the staff showed us around the restaurant and we saw a roach in the kitchen area !

You can never get a seat at the swimming pool even in the morning there always all full, and the pictures on the website of the royal paradise, IS NOT AT ALL WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, the swimming pool is MUCH smaller than in the pictures and the corners are dirty and green.
The mini bar in the pool is sooooooooo expensive they really take the mick out of people !

You can't use internet for free here which is quite ridiculous for a 4star hotel ! They charge you 490 baht for 24hours for internet in your bedroom and to get internet you have to plug an internet cable into your computer and it's tiny so you can't even sit on your bed you have to stand up ! Then they have 2 computers downstairs they charge 180 baht for 30 minutes !!!!! and the internet is very very low speed ! for internet you can just walk down to an internet café which is much cheaper than this dump !

this morning i was very i'll and ask my mother if she could ask them to bring me breakfast in the room, so my mum asked them and they said we had to pay 200 baht even though my mum said she could come down and take it herself from the buffet and then bring it upstairs, they said " Customers arn't aloud to carry plates " WTF?!

We also brought a few movies a couple of nights ago but we don't have a DVD player so we asked the front desk for one, and they charged us 400 baht for the night!

The Deluxe room which i am curently staying at is small you get a balcony with it, i must admit its a breath taking view but at night you can hear all patong screaming with all the music until 5 am... the rooms arnt very isolated, the windows upstairs are filthy they didnt even bother to clean them after 8 years ! (the windows are dirty because of the tsunami in 2004) 7

+ there's a chinese restaurant up there that i really wanted to try, but once again the prices are a pisstake, it's 1000 baht just for a starter ! i walked away when i saw the prices.

The ONLY good things about the hotel are :

- The staff that are cleanning the bedroom, they are VERY nice and listen to what you say and make the room look very tidy, and they don't touch your stuff or anything.

- The hotel is a massive tower, so you can go anywhere you like in patong and you will never be lost because you can always see the hotel.

- Spa was ok, very expensive.

Overall view, do not stay in this hotel... there is much better in patong I am sure there is, the people in this hotl just seem to think that because your foreign your rich.. and you've got "money you can just throw out the window" !

Room Tip: If you absolutely want to stay in this hotel don't book a supérior or delux room, take the sea v...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HKT_16

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Let me start by saying the hotel is not "the worst in Thailand" nor does it have "disgusting service". I have seen and heard of far worse in my travels.

The issue with this hotel is that it seems to be lacking in everything! Having mainly stayed in smaller resorts closer to the beach in my time in Patong, I thought this time I would stay somewhere slightly different. On all my travels there I have seen this large looming resort and thought I would give it a try! I was travelling with four girlfriends who had never been to Thailand and I found I spent the entire time apologising to them explaining that the standard of hotel is usually a lot higher than this!

The hotel is divided into two wings, not usually an issue except our wing you had to walk to the other side of the hotel to get to.

The pool area presents itself as quite large on their website.....it is, but not for the size of hotel it is! It was difficult to get a deck chair even in the mornings!

The hotel staff are lovely, but many of them did not seem to understand basic requests. One of my friends requested poached eggs for breakfast, a usual at most hotels, the cook simply looked at her blankly! When they finally understood, it took 40 minutes to get them! The breakfast did not feature many anglo dishes, mainly indian and chinese, most likely a reflection of the majority of guests!

Room service left a lot to be desired. We tried to eat at as many local restaurants as we could, there are MANY and all as good as the last but after a few nights out we opted for some room service. Well, after I ate I headed straight down the street to get a much more satisfying meal. Certainly not hotel quality!

They have WiFi, for a fee! I would recommend simply walking across the road and using the internet cafe instead, at a MUCH cheaper rate. Alternativly ask any of the nearby salons when getting a treatment, they all have free wi-fi, but not our hotel!

I would stay here again, if I had to. The rooms were clean and tidy, and facilities good. But for the price you pay and what you get there are many other far better resorts to stay in Patong.

5 Thank TravelBug_SAR