“First class service!”
Review of Magnifique Tailor

Magnifique Tailor
Ranked #1 of 75 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1991, Magnifique Tailor is one of the shops from the first generation of tailor shops in Phuket. We provide fine custom tailoring experiences for both men and women. Suits, dresses and uniforms are our specialty with designers working to determine customer requirements. Our styles range from classic to modern styles. We pay close attention to our workmanship and customer service is our priority.
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Our experience started when my daughter spotted a beautiful dress hanging in the window of Magnifique Tailors! We were amazed at the level of service we received and how quickly they measured, helped choose fabric and at the end we ended up having 3 dresses made for myself and my 2 daughters! Thanks to Rita and her team, I know w will visit again on returning to Phuket!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Magnifique Tailor

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Decided to buy a tailored suit from Magnifique after reading the TravelAdvisor reviews.
Was over in Phuket for a week on honeymoon and slotted in some time to visit the great team at Magnifique. I ended up getting a jacket, 2 pants and a shirt made up in the space of just 5 days.
I've bought from other tailors from Hong Kong/Bangkok but have been impressed with the jackets workmenship and stiching and love the inside lining. Looks like I'd need to order another suit online via email - thanks heaps John from New Zealand.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was at Magnifique tailors for the first time last year and they made me a uit. I was so impressed that I returned about a week ago for more trousers. The quality of the material and the detail they put in each item is exceptional. Apart from that, they also care about each individual customer and want to offer him/her the best service possible. I would really recommend them if you want good quality products that will last a long time. Thank you!

1  Thank CBasson
Reviewed 22 July 2012

What can i say. Before i left to thailand i read hundreds of reviews about just as many tailors. It still prooved to be very difficult to find a tailor that could fulfill my demands. Before i continue just a few words about myself. I work in a small investment banking boutique meaning i know one or two things about suits and i am quite young meaning it needed to be slim fit. Buying a decent suit that is fitted to your body can be very very difficult in thailand... The styles they use are from the 90s (lots and lots of shoulder padding, basically no form whatsoever) so unless you know exactly what you want, you will very likely regret your decision to have bought a suit...

So after reading all of the reviews it was clear, that magnifique tailor seemed to be one of the few tailors that could deliver on individual demands. The team is extremely nice and caring and everybody seems to know what they are doing. Unlike all the other tailors in thailand, noone tries to pull you into the store, which totally got me because i hate "come in come in, buy suit, make good price...."... So at first i picked a nice fabric and told the staff exactly what i wanted, slim fit, barely shoulder paddings, red inner lining etc.

I have had suits made in thailand before and every single time i was disappointed - not this time. After two days i had my first fitting and i was pleasently surprised. It still needed minor work done, but whatever i wanted, even though it seemed ridiculous to them got done and what i have now is a suit that would easily cost me 1000 eur and more in germany for less than 20%of that. The selection of fabrics is huge, everything from inexpensive to luxury, i got a mid range fabric that has an amazing structure and feels like the softest blankett, wonderful. I have had the suit for about 5 months now and around 15 people have asked me where i had this suit made because it looks wonderful. I now want to order two more because it is impossible to buy a suit like that in europe for anything close to this price.

For thai standards magnifique is expensive, no doubt. You can get. Suit for 60 eur in phuket, with magnifique you pay a t least twice that, but the suit you get is worth every penny, the 60 eur suits, and i have seen a few from other tourists have poor workmanship, cheap plastic fabrics and are just very poorly tailored.

To sum things up. If you want a good suit that lasts, go to magnifique and you will be happy, they take care of that. If you know what you want and have a little patience with them, you will get a suit that fits like a second skin.

So thank you to all of the magnifique team, esp. to Nick who is doing an incredible job.

I have found out they are comming to europe in september and some of my collegues cant wait to see them as they were so impressed

2  Thank Felix H
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Best tailor in Phuket.

The only shop with no annoying salesman outside the shop hassling you!

Nick and mr beeba are great. Really flexible and accomodating.

I got two suits and two shirts made. Now that they have my sizes I can just email them and have anything made again.

I will be using them again