“A Diamond in the rough” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 396 Patong B&B and Inns
Surrey
“A Diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stubbled across this hotel by pure luck and boy were we lucky. Needing a place to stay for the night before travelling to a different part of Phuket, we had been dropped off in Patong and were wondering where we would end up sleeping! Then we spotted Patong Terrace, almost hiddened amongst the shops and resturants. We were met at the entrance by a lovely man called Panda (please excuse me if the spelling is incorrect!) who was very helpful. We were immediantly impressed with the clean and modern feel to hotel and even more so when we were offered a room at a very reasonable price. Before we had to make a desission he took us to see if we thought the room would be suitable. There was absolutely no pressure from him to stay and when we were showed the room we were more than happy with it. It was spacious, clean and tidy with all the facilities we could need. When we went back to book in we were offered a complimentary drink and cool face cloth, Panda was very helpful, friendly and made us feel very welcome. Being located a short walk from Bangla road and Patong beach there was plenty to see and do that evening.

The next morning we were checking out and this is when we met Peter. We were moving to a different part of Phuket but we didnt have a place to stay and asked for some help/advice. Well Peter was extremely helpful looking on the computer with us and asking another member of staff who spoke Thia to make a call for us. He really took the time to help us and it was very much appreciated. Not only did he help us find a place to stay he also found us a taxi and made sure we werent over charged.

I would defiantley stay here again and would recommend it to everyone. It was everything we could ask for and more. A friendly, clean, modern hotel in a great location with excellent staff offering a personal touch.

Claire and Jay

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Mss. Clair and Mr. Jay,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

We hope you had a good time in Surin Beach after your stay in Paton Terrace Boutique Hotel!

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting on our rooms; “spacious, clean and tidy with all the facilities we could need” and “we were immediately impressed with the clean and modern feel to hotel”.

Thank you very much also for your compliments about our staff; you call them “lovely, not pressured, extremely helpful”

It is good to hear also that in your opinion our hotel is *a friendly, clean, modern hotel in a great location with excellent staff offering a personal touch*!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you, and we hope to see you back in the near future!

It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service every day!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope you time in Phuket was fantastic!

Peter
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very good staff,good security, manegement very serious and open for feedback

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Mr. Johan,

We know you not stay for the first time in Paton Terrace Boutique Hotel, and we are always very happy to welcome you!

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting “very good staff ” and *good security*

From our site; we were very happy that you like our place so much, and that you help us with good advice and your positive feedback; this is for us a big motivation!

We hope you like to stay with us many times more in the near future!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest so many times already!

Macau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just came back from Patong and I only have words of praise for this excelent boutique hotel where I stayed with my family.
We stayed in a family room with one king size bed and one single bed for my 14 year old daughter.

The hotel is super clean, the location is fantastic, just walking distance to Jungceylon, Bangla road and Patong beach.

The staff is super friendly and Peter makes a great work making sure the guests have all they need.
The breakfast is good and overall quality/price wise I don't believe you can find a better hotel in Patong if your budget is not very elastic.

Great value!

Cheers!

Miguel Bailote

Room Tip: The room in the 2nd floor with balcony is great! If you are with family, the room where I stayed is...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Mr. Miguel,

First off all; we had a great time with you, and it was great how you and your family join our *Hotel family*

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting on our rooms;*Super clean* and *the location is fantastic, just on walking distance for Jung Ceylon, Bangla road and Patong Beach*. Thank you very much also for your compliments about our *super friendly* staff; We are very happy that you like our breakfast and you think the quality/ price is fine.

It is good to hear also that in your opinion * you cannot find a better hotel in Patong if your budget is not very elastic*!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

With Kind Regards,

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having stayed in patong for the past ten year's, i must say that this is the best overall hotel i have stayed at. From the moment you arrive, peter and his excellent staff take care of all detail's to make your stay a friendly one. The room's are very clean, modern, and the bed one of the best i slept in. The restaurant has excellent food a fair price. The location is the best, especially if you don't want to rent a motorbike or rely on the tuk tuk taxi's. A five minute walk to bangla road, and less than that to the beach using kipsup lane across the street. Anyone coming to patong should check out this hotel first, as the location, service, and room's all come at a fair price.

Room Tip: Choose the room's with no window for a quiter stay and best value
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting on our rooms;“very clean, modern, and the bed one of the best I slept in” and “the location is the best; a five minute walk to Bangla road, and less than that to the beach”. Thank you very much also for your compliments about our staff; “excellent staff take care of all detail's”

It is good to hear also that in your opinion * location, service, and room's all come at a fair price *!

From our site; we had a great time with you, and it was great how you join our *family*

Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for 19 nights. Initially I booked for 10 nights but given that I liked the hotel I decided pretty soon that I wanted to stay here my entire vacation. From the very welcoming service at my nightly arrival (with a cold towel and a glass of juice) till check-out, I really enjoyed the hotel and its great staff.

It’s a (relatively) small boutique hotel with only 20 rooms (4 floors with 5 rooms on each of it). The hotel is well located within easy walking distance to the beach (less than 5 minutes) and the Jungceylon shopping center/Bangla Road (about 6-7 minutes). The rooms are stylish decorated and kept spotless by the housekeeping team. It has a great bed and a good shower (great water pressure and no issues with the temperature); basic toiletries and 2 bottles of water are provided free of charge every day.

All staff members are very welcoming, always smiling and willing to go to the extra mile for their guests. Their command of English is good and they all share the drive to improve their service level and language skills even further. They (including owner Peter – with 20+ years experience in the hospitality business) really act like one family.

In terms of facilities the hotel has a nice bar which serves a good selection of breakfast and lunch items, pastries, high-quality coffees and other drinks. Secure high-speed wifi is available all over the place and the hotel’s convenient laundry service charges the same amount per kg as you will find everywhere in Patong (50 THB). The hotel doesn’t have (is too small to offer) a swimming pool, gym and spa services, but given that there are numerous opportunities in Patong if you need such this should be no issue.

To sum up: if you don’t need (or want to pay for) a large resort-style hotel, then this boutique hotel is definitely worth your visit!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarkS777
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting on our “stylish decorated and spotless” with “good bed and good shower”, compliments about our staff and “they all share the drive to improve their service level”

It is good to hear also that in your opinion *this boutique hotel is definitely worth your visit*!

It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to go on this way and try every day to increase our service!