“What an experience”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Nearing the end of our holiday, we decided to try Pum`s cooking school. Well travelling with another couple we left the best for last, not only was the cooking class an amazing night & the food incredible, Pum herself shared stories of her amazing life.
This is a must do when visiting Patong.

1  Thank Craig G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Pum's Restaurant was one of the best finds on my recent trip in April 2012 and I stumbled upon it by accident. Anyone could be forgiven for nearly walking past it, despite the bright orange colours inviting you in. It is slightly raised up from the road (a few steps) and appears almost hidden from view. But once there, you had this very authentic feeling that it was a very well-run place, devoid of the usual hawkers and messiness you normally find in local restaurants.

I didn't go there for a cooking class and I somewhat regret that decision after a truly magnificent meal. The flavours completely caught me by surprise and I instantly went "wow". The thought still lingers with me.

It is spacious and basic. And for those with time on your hands, do read Pum's cookbooks. She has a couple that are really well done and worthy of a gift for home.

I believe she has another restaurant at Phi Phi Island for those that might stay there. Otherwise, all in all a big thumbs up. I will definitely go there on my next trip.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

great cheap food, and the best thai iced coffee with whiskey. loved it.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I'm a professional chef and cooking teacher so I'm perhaps over critical.

I chose a longer 4 hour class which included a market visit. I could choose 4 dishes from a large range on offer and learn how to cook them - so they tailor make the course - great.

Ann my instructor was terrific and knowledgable and the dishes were delicious.

The best bit was the market tour and discovering what all the ingredients were - take your camera

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Pum and Isabelle are wonderful teachers. You get to learn not only about Thai cooking, but culture and the genesis of the food and ingredients used. Great place to meet other travelers from other places and share insight into one anothers culture. PUM IS AWESOME!!!