All reviewsorange restaurantpatong beachrooms are modernhotel is locatedgood nights sleepquiet streetbangala roadstayed here for nightsbangla rdbahtbalconyphukettaximinibaraction
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Hi. I stayed at this hotel for 16 nights it was great. From the time I arrived the reception staff were excellent. I was in room 505 top floor, close to bangla road and the beach. All the reception staff are so lovely and always willing to help, what is very hard to find these days. And to the housekeeping staff were great, room was cleaned perfect everyday. Even the security man was so nice.

Thanks once again Jeff.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank JeffMGoldCoast
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Surprisingly, a very quiet location, even though you're only a 5 min walk from Bangla Road and all the craziness there. Our (Deluxe) room was on the 5th floor(502) - superclean, spacious and with a huge and very comfortable bed. I think it's better to book a deluxe room here - they're on higher floors (4 and 5) and you get nicer views and a small balcony.

The beach is maybe 10 mins away on foot - really close (this is why we chose this hotel). And you can get beach towels at no additional cost. The pool is very small and you can't really swim there, but who cares about the pool if the beach is so close.

There's no breakfast, but just opposite the hotel there's the Orange restaurant that serves nice breakfast sets for 99 thb pp.

If you're looking for sth quiet, but still close to the beach and the shopping centre etc, this hotel is a good choice!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gosia W
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Got a shared mini bus taxi at the airport for 180baht each which was ok. Took around 1.5-2 hours as we stopped off at the taxi shop to get hotel info. Warned, they are crazy drivers. I get travel sickness and I felt awful every time I got in a taxi/bus.
Hotel location is absolutely perfect. It's down an alleyway but it's so quiet yet right next to the hustle bustle. Can't complain and we were on the 2nd floor facing the front. 3/4 restaurants right outside which serve great food and cheap too.
Less than a 10 min walk to Bangla road which is the main strip in Patong. Amazing place which comes alive at night. Cheap drink and lots of bars. Beach was nice too but quite expensive for water sports.
As for the hotel, the room was a perfect size, and cleaned every day to a great standard. It's basic but exceeded our expectations. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We booked a superior room and it was perfect.
Note, use Phuket Travel Company to book trips. Amazing discount on tours. We went to their office which was in the shopping centre to make sure they were legit. Basically got a 45% discount each on the 2 tours we booked.
If I ever return to Patong I wouldn't book in any other hotel, I would return to The Gallery.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TamsB28
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I stayed in the gallery last year and in December I was there again. there is no reason to change something that you feel like home ...the location is very good ,quiet and close to the beach, restaurants, bangla..the room comfortable and very clean...the cleaning ladies are excellent..
the ladies in the reception very friendly ,polite and helpful
and the security guy in the night takes care about everything.. he is very friendly as well
I hope I will back soon again
thank you guys for another lovely stay

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived from 2 hours early 2 days ago, very tired from our Cambodia Trip. We understand that the rooms might not be available that early so we are fine if No check can be done. We informed that this is a birthday trip but the staff are not that accommodating I could say when they welcome us (although they are not rude). So I leave it that way first co'z I don't want to start my stay in a not so good start.

After waiting for 2 hours, we found out that we were assigned in 1st floor. The noisiest part of the hotel, the lobby. When I politely ask about a higher floor. The staff bluntly said you only have 1st floor because you only pay for that type of room. (To the reader: if you were on my shoes, what would you feel if you were answered that way?)

Aircon: for the past two days, I've been sleeping only in my boxers because the aircon is very very warm. Its like we did not paid for the room facilities at all. (Will show the pics later) but I've endured it because its not typical of me to complain.

NOW: I am celebrating my birthday, tired from my activities outside the city. Came back having a loud noisy drilling sound in the aircon, I've lost my preciouse 3 hours of resting time in a Hot Afternoon! I requested for a room change and this lady again (you would know who is on duty) bluntly tell me that you cannot do room change because the hotel is full! They seemed not happy for I know they were having a meal in the Lobby when I approached them for I think I deserve to have a rest on my Birthday. I even apologised for I dont want to disturb a person when they are having a meal.

The Aircon is blocked by Iced, literally no air at all. (They could have inspected the room before they sell it) The Facility guy who was doing it just any how splashed the water knowing that our shoes and leather bags, clothes are still there. (They could have offered a temporarily room for us or anything I guess. The Balcony doors were opened so all the mosquitoes went in our room.

The room is like waterfalls and splashes of water is endless and its very hot. I don't want to prolong my story but let the picture be the proof. I just hope you will not experience what we experienced on this trip, on this hotel and on this staff.

Feel free to contact me for this is a genuine feedback. I may not be an expert, but I believed I can impart things for your hotel based on my hotel experience.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family