“Great crackling with my porchetta!”
Review of Climax on Bangla

Climax on Bangla
Ranked #2 of 654 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 45
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I last came here about 9 months ago, was interested to see if the standards have been kept up.

I had a lamb burger last time, and I had good memories of it... so my girlfriend took up the suggestion, and she enjoyed it.

This time I was tempted by the porchetta with crackling and apple puree... I must say I was quite impressed, particularly with the crackling which is still giving me cravings. I have tried several attempts of crackling in Thailand and sometimes it can be a bit hit-and-miss, and the apple puree was very well made indeed.

Given the pair of us were in Phuket, and I wanted to make it a little special, we also had a bottle of Merlot (I think it was Californian?). It was a good choice and reasonably priced.

Overall, I found this restaurant to offer good food, good service and provide good value - in an area in which I have found these are in short supply. Thumbs up to Climax!

David C, Food & Beverage Manager at Climax on Bangla, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Mr. Keep me away from uk,

So happy that you decided to return and try some more dishes from our menu. The porchetta is one of our most popular dishes and Chef Riccardo has got the crackling of to a fine art so I will pass your comments onto him and his team.

Looking forward to your third visit and hope it is very soon as our new 2018 menu will be being tested over the next week or so. We will have some exciting specials for you to try.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Initially we were somewhat disappointed that not every option that appeared on their website's menu did not appear in the restaurant. However the food that we did have was very tasty, being the calamari appetiser, and the spaghetti carbonara main as well as the porchetta. Serving sizes were also perfect. The most impressive aspect of the restaurant was probably the incredibly polite and attentive wait staff. Very enjoyable experience with a nice location.

David C, Food & Beverage Manager at Climax on Bangla, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Hi Luke,

It was great to meet you both and I'm glad you enjoyed you time and meals with us.

Apologies for the website not being quite up to date yet. We are currently in the process of changing the a la carte menu and at the same time updating the website. We will be fully updated over the next couple of weeks.

I will pass on you kind words to all the team and we are all looking forward to seeing you on your return to Phuket.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a two week stay at The Absolute Bangla Suites. Many hours were spent on the rooftop at the Climax Restaurant. The food and service was great, breakfast, lunch and diner. Happy hour ( hours) was a bonus. All the staff were warm and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. It is hard to pick out a favourite staff member, but Poppy was tops. Thanks to David for making us welcome. ( it's hard to score a free drink from a Scouser,so thanks Dave) Fantastic venue, we will be back.
Steve and Doris

Hi Steve,

Great to hear from you and thanks for your kind review. All the team at Climax send their regards to you and Doris.

I'm looking forward to your next visit and there will be a nice cold drink waiting on the bar for both you and Doris.

Take care and see you next time!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Restaurant it's serve very nice food, staff are very friendly and helpful, the view also it's on another level. Swimming pools also inside the restaurant, very nice place

David C, Food & Beverage Manager at Climax on Bangla, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Hi Jowie,

Thanks for your nice review and also your comments on the team and the spectacular view. We all hope you will be back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Nice place with very nice price happy hour 4pm. - 7pm. 50b for all local beer... cocktails 150b everyday...

Hi Sam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review. I'm happy you mentioned HAPPY HOUR as we are sure nobody in Phuket can match our price and quality.

See you again on your return to Phuket.