“Family ran, cheap, clean, modist Guest House” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Thai Guest House

My Thai Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
My Thai Guest House
Ranked #216 of 313 Hotels in Patong
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Family ran, cheap, clean, modist Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

During my time in Thailand I stayed at many different hotels and I would say that My Thai Guest House was my favourite. The rooms are cheap and also include breakfast. The beds are very comfortable, showers are hot and the Air Con keeps the room nice and cool.
If your wanting a place to eat restaurants are literally on your door step and the beach is only a 5 minute walk. This is a friendly place where your sure to meet fellow backpackers. The staff are english speaking and more than happy to help you whether that be suggesting a place to eat or aiding you in planning a excursion for the day. They also have a laundry service, bar, outside decking suitable for both drinking and eating, mini bar in all rooms, safes in all rooms and rent a bike. This hotel caters for all. I certainly will return to this My Thai Guest House in the future and I fully recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jerilderie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

if your looking for somewhere to stay its cheap the rooms are very clean and the staff are more then happy to go out of there way to help with anything from bike hire to day trips and are always up for a chat.. I will be coming back that's for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

When I got to Thailand I had nothing but trouble, after trouble until I found Mythai guesthouse.. The owner of this place his name is Darren, and being a fellow Aussie he knew how to look after his customers... warning though, once you stay here you may feel like you have made friends, and not want to go home.. I now get home sick for Patong Beach... not to mention the great breakfasts mythai served up every morning...

Trust me you won't find a more honest, helpful and friendlier crew than at MyThai Guesthouse, and its also great to find somewhere that has staff that speak english and understand you.

So if your staying in Patong/Phuket and you want to stay somewhere that you feel comfortabe and know you will be looked after... book ahead and make sure you get a spot at MyThai..

(That was one dissapointment when I went to bangkok then came back to phuket I forgot to book in advance and had to stay somewhere else the first night back while Darren went out of his way to move things around and fit me in, and I did not enjoy my stay in the other place I will not name..)

Thanks to Darren & The Staff at MyThai for making my time in Thailand a memorable one... I will be back !

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Bankok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

Came down to Patong from the bus and got dropped of at Andaman Beach hotel by the tuk tuk driver that assured me it would be great...It was overprized and the staff did not even bother looking up when I asked the reception about what to see in Patong. Wandered around the area the same night looking for somewhere else to stay and stumbeled on Darren sitting outside My Thai chatting with some customers. Asked him about a room telling him I already had somewhere to sleep for the night and he litterary sat me down told me all about the town got me a cold Singha (worth gold in the heat) and said he could get me a room the next day if I needed one, and if not I could drop by and he would give me some advice about town anyhow. Needless to say I spent all of the rest of my time in Phuket at My Thai getting taken out to town shown the nice away from tourists beaches and in general getting spoiled by Darren and his staff at every chanse they got. Personally I could not have had a better time and if I could have a My Thai in every town I have been on my travels I would never go back home again!!

Thanks for a great time and hope to see you all again!!
Top place, top service and I will try and make my stories shorter next time. ;)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Deniliquin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

Took a chance and just flew to Phuket, wanderered around lokking for somewhere to stay and spotted the Aussie flag. Darren and his staff could not do enough for us. He took care of our meals, tours, transport and anything else we needed. Luk, the housemaid always had our rooms spotless and tidied up after us like we were her kids.
Food was great and beer was beautiful and cold. His taxi driver even took us to the airport and made sure we were ok. Going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple