“great little Hotel”
Review of The Minotel

The Minotel
Ranked #91 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed here in late April for 660B a nite (low season price), other similar hotels/guesthouses still charging high season in April. has little restaurant at front & food is good had breakfast there every morning. rooms nce clean confortable, good wifi (free), great location 5 mins walk to Bangla rd & beach a bit less. The stairs for me were a killer very steep , as i have a bad back & knees next i go i will ask for room just one flight up , will stay there again. staff friendly & helpful

Room Tip: if bad back or knees and hard climbing stairs ask for a room on lower level.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. Location and good service are two of the things we believe set us apart.

We have one room on the ground floor as well - so please do ask on your next visit.

Look forward to seeing you back here again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed eleven days May 2012 the GOOD..friendly and helpful staff especially taxi at reception'the rooms old but clean stayed in 305 front /302 rear of building.paid for standard double room but on arrival was upgraded to a deluxe room (its low season and hotel was only half full)
the location is good ...5 minutes to the beach (free use of beach towel from reception)
5 minutes to all the bars...5 minutes to Junceylon shopping complex.deluxe rooms have a bigger tv (cable 60 channels) and tea and coffee making facilities.Two free bottles of water are left in the room each day.... nice touch
The front rooms get the school noise in the mornings (as the hotel is opposite a large school)
so its better to get a rear room if available....No lift that but that didn't bother me on the 3rd floor. airconditioner was quiet and worked well ,and the shower always produced hotwater
when needed.
overall a good budget hotel in a central location in Patong

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. Our front desk staff try hard to look after our guests - I am glad you found them friendly and helpful. .

As you say the location is great and I think many visitors to Patong fail to make adequate allowance for this when selecting hotels - as with Tuk Tuk fares generally being a minimum of BHt200 it can cost at least Bht400 a day to get to and from the beach / nightlife at hotels some distance away. We try to give a good budget style alternative to the much more expensive hotels in the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Minotel is a quiet well-equipped hotel.Good location.To Beach 5 min.To Banglaroad with Nighlive 10 min.
The hotel crew is very friendly,helpful and any time approachable.The rooms are clean and completely.Comfortable bed,Aircondition,refrigerator,TV,Safe,Wi-Fi.Everyday fresh Towels and shower with hot water.In the ground floor is a small restaurant with very friendly staff.There you can eat well and inexpensively
I stay for 20 nights and did not miss anything.
I would also recommend this hotel to my friends.
I'll come back next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Siegfried R
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments - it is much appreciated by the staff.

In addition to what we provide in the room we also have,beach towels, umbrellas, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards for guets to use free of charge.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We booking one night standard room Minotel via Agoda.com.

For budget trip this is a good choice!!! We a bit unlucky our room have air conditioner water leaking.
The manager promise will fit the problem but we only have stay one night so we no comment much about it.

I also recommended your guys can try the Minotel Cafe's food. Very nice!!
If next time i will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: I also recommended your guys can try the Minotel Cafe's food. Very nice!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your positive comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I apologise about the air conditioner - as we were full we could not change your room. Under our maintenance contract these are always fixed within 24 hours.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here in April from 10th to 19th which included the Thai New Year Songkran Festival.
I booked directly with the hotel via the internet & found Taxie very helpful everytime I called or e-mailed the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. She really is superb!

I arranged an airport pick up through the lady Taxie when I made my reservation at the hotel & the day prior to my departure from Australia she e-mailed me to let me know they were expecting me & I would be collected from the airport. A small thing but it was reassuring. I was collected at the airport & taken to the hotel with no problems.

This is by far the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at in Patong. I partied with the hotel staff & other guests on Songkran & was really made to feel welcome.

The hotel is in the heart of Patong with everything in easy reach, I was allowed to park my scooter under cover at the hotel where it was safe & could be seen by the night staff. The hotel room was cleaned daily, there are free towels for the beach ( just ask Taxie )
Don't go expecting 5 star luxury here but I can assure you you will not find a happier or friendlier hotel in Patong.

I loved my stay here & I will certainly be booking again next time I stay in Patong. I'd like to say a great big THANK YOU to all the staff at the hotel but to Taxie especially. Thanks again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank NawtyStupot
Peterbkk543, General Manager at The Minotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review - I am glad you were well looked after. Whilst we are not a five star hotel in terms of facilities we try and make up for it is good service and cleanliness. Also as you say the location is great with all key amenities within easy walking distance that saves money on taking Tuk Tuks.

In addition to giving beach towels we also have umbrellas, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards for guets to use free of charge.