“Good reasonably-priced hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Amici Miei Hotel
Ranked #31 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Good reasonably-priced hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I just came back from a holiday in Phuket.  This time around I thought I wanted to stay around the Patong beach area.  A while back I stayed at the le Meridien which was OK but was a bit of a bother in terms of getting to the Patong area, the hotel itself was very nice but very quiet.

Going through the Tripadvisor list of places to stay, I decided that I wanted to try Amici Miei hotel as a reasonably-priced hotel that is close to the beach, though as other reviewers mentioned it's about a 20 minutes walk to get to the beach. The room that was provided to me was nicely appointed with dark wooden furnitures.  The bed was comfortable except the pillows were a little hard for me as I'm used to soft pillows.  It was fine except for the last night when I slept wrong and hurt my neck.  The room was kept clean everyday as was the bathroom, the bathroom that I got are of the "combine" shower/toilet type which was fine with me as there were plenty of hot water available.  This room was on the 1st floor and faces the back of the hotel and like other reviewers mentioned it could get a bit noisy in the mornings.

After a few days stay there I was informed that they have some repairs to do in the room so they are moving me to another room on the 5th floor - a deluxe room, my previous room was a standard.  I was fine with it.  The hotel has a cafe that served Italian dishes and coffee but I only had their coffee which was very good (coffee at other places including Starbucks tasted a little "chalky", maybe the water used I don't know) as I wanted to eat as much Thai seafood as possible and there are many restaurant choices nearby for local food, arabic, indian and western food.

The hotel provide some toiletries in the rooms but the Jungceylon mall is not more than 10 minutes away where you can get anything you could want.  At the mall you can shop or eat as there are many stores and restaurants situated there.  Also near the hotel (200 meters away?) is the Banzaan local market where they sell local wet and dry foodstuff.  Also every evening in front of Banzaan, there is a local night market where local stall food can be purchased cheaply.

Like I had mentioned, the Patong beach is about 20 minutes away which you get to by going through the Jungceylon mall and exiting it near one end of the infamous Bangla street.  Then you just follow Bangla street to the other end which is on Patong beach itself.  Another highly recommended place by Tripadvisor reviewers is the Sweet Lemongrass Spa which was mentioned to be close to Amici Miei but is actually about 20/30 minutes walk away, not really that near.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Amici Miei, a nice place to stay with very nice local staff.  The hotel is well kept by the team of local ladies.  It is value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Arriving into Patong, we hadn't decided where to stay. Our taxi driver dropped us off outside Amici Miei and we were very pleasantly surprised at what we got for our money. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are well maintained and we had a great stay. The location is great because it's set back a bit from the party scene of Bangla road but within easy walking distance so you don't miss out. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seanspacifica
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Each day I had the pleasure of being warmly greeted by Marco and Franco - whether it was morning or night time - do these two ever sleep! They provided directions to places and good advice on things to do. My room was very clean with a/c, a half fridge to store snacks and drinks, and TV. I learned later on in my trip to Thailand that some of these extras were harder to come by.

The location is about 10 minutes walk from the beach, and 5 minutes to a large mall where you can buy anything. Markets are plentiful also.

I particularly enjoyed the sound of the roosters in the morning. They were not loud enough to wake you up but they were pleasant to hear and a definite surprise in downtown Patong.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MaryfromCanada
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Amici Miei Hotel has room large enough for family of 3 - 4 at a very good rate in a very convenient location.

Hotel staff & Driver are friendly and helpful.

Thank you for a pleasant stay in Phuket.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TwinklyTan
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Loved the size and location of this resort. Nice to have breakfast included. Having WiFi available was great. Our driver Tap was great, very polite and we enjoyed the time spent with him. Dinner at Ivan's was excellent.

I was down with our family while we got married. Bong was just super, not because we were getting married but that the attention to detail was fantastic. Very clean and comfortable rooms, honest and friendly staff, wonderful and safe beach environment and very good food. Try the banana pancakes.... out of this world with a first class view! I've been around this globe, and for the money, this place is on my short list!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple