“Just what I needed .”

Squires Loft Patong
Reserve with Chope
Squires Loft Patong is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 693 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 45
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I love Phuket but there’s only so much Asian food one can consume. I was craving home cooked food and a steak. I heard from some gusts at our hotel that Squires loft had opened and we immediately asked where it and tracked it down. We received such a warm welcome from the friendly staff and were immediately shown to our booth with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We ordered some of the starters which included the delicious chicken wings ,prawn screwers with a creamy sauce and onion wings. For the mains my husband ordered the BBQ pork spare ribs . The meat meat just fell off the bone and was packed with flavor from the tasty marinade. I ordered the eye fillet with the peppercorn sauce which was delicious. We also shared a lovely ceasar salad. For dessert we ordered the sticky date pudding which was so yummy. We have dined in Squires Loft in Melbourne and this was just as great. We will definitely come back when we return in January.

Matt W, Owner at Squires Loft Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hi lidiadaughter,
Thanks for the awesome revie and taking the time to hop onto Trip Advisor and give your thoughts. It is always great to hear such positive feedback, especially from guests that know Squires Loft from back in Australia. Please give me a call when you come back in january so I can shout you your 1st drink next time you come back.
Cheers

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Ok so my rating is based on my visit this evening , I attended with a freind , having read good reviews , upon arrival approx 10pm , the restaraunt appeared to be devoid of any customers which did alarm me , however , I concluded this must have been due to the hour 22:00 hours approx. We were sat down And order taken , I ordered the rib eye on the bone 400 gram along with a side of chicken wings and my friend ordered salmon steak , we waited over 30 mins before this was presented , however , took this a good sign that it was being cooked properly , however upon arrival I immediately noticed upon cutting into the steak that it was not medium to well as ordered , infact it was very well done , (see photos) I asked my friend how his salmon was and he indicated with his limited English ‘no good’ so I called the waiter over and informed her the steak was not cooked to order and my friend says the salmon is no good (however, he later claimed it was ok, just ok) which to my mind ok does not suffice for such an establishment , anyway I’ll now base this on my own experience, so getting back to my steak , it was not cooked to order , which surprised me as I thought such an establishment would Be using experienced chefs who know how to cook a steak to order, so upon complaint the waiter offered a replacement which I declined as I’d already waited 30/40 mins and was comcerned about finding another eatery at this now late hour. Instead I asked to see the chef as I really found how he/she had cooked this steak comical , and wanted to question him/her in relation to his/her knowledge and professionalism as a chef , the waiter then returned with a lady whom claimed to be the manager whose name I perceived as ‘dookdah’ I probably have spelt that wrong , so apologies in advance. Anyway dookdah also offered me a replacement to which I again declined and indicated I wished to see the chef whom she then said had now gone home .... so if I had opted for a replacement I’m at a loss to where this would have come from... I was thouroughly disappointed having built my appetite up all day to what I deemed would be a good steak having read previous reviews , and very inconvenienced at having to now find another eatery. Dookdah , acknowledged the chefs mistake , and informed me that she would remove the steak from the bill (I should think so aswell!) not only that you won’t charge me at all I suggested, given the fact my evening had been complete inconvenienced by what would certainly appear an inadequately skilled chef. I really can’t get my head around thr fact that such an establishment would employ a chef who as the photos show , does not know how to correctly cook to order a steak. The chicken wings were very average nothing to write about , in the end , after educating dookdah , she agreed to make no charge for the order bar the drinks. I think given the circumstances though, that this the least that could be done. Personally I would have made no charge and offered a free invite for another occasion just to show that they can actually get it right, and I do beleive that any genuinely interested restaraunt would do the same , however , I’ll allow that given the fact this is a tourist location and in my experience repeat custom does not tend to be a concern for eateries in such locations. So to sum up a dissapointing visit , that said , I’m more shocked than disappointed at the chefs seemingly level of experience in cooking the restaraunts speciality. It’s actually laughable.

Hi swg1982,
So when I read your review today I was shocked and surprised to read a number of things that you outlined about your experience here at Squires Loft. As you can see from all of our other reviews, we have had nothing but exceptional feedback since opening 2 months ago.

As such I carried out an extensive investigation to what happened last night after both my chef and myself had left.
I will address the chef issue first and say that he had left for the evening (as had I just before you arrived), as it is impossible for him to be here 13 hours a day 7 days a week. We did however have our sous chef here to cook but his English is limited, so would have little use talking to you about the situation. I have watched video footage of both front of house and in the kitchen to verify what you had said and although I won't say we had a bad night (as we received another 5 star review last night also), I can categorically say we have "had a bad hour". The sous chef had lost concentration and as such you received an over-cooked steak which is unacceptable to me and the franchise, as we pride ourselves on cooking the perfect steak every time. I have dealt with that today to ensure it does not happen again.

As for the free invite to return, Tookta as my floor manager does not have the authority to offer this. That is up to my discretion or that of the head chef. It was just unfortunate that you had come in as late as you did and we had both left for the evening. I would request that you give me a call to discuss and I would be happy to offer you a dinner for 2, to show you this was very much a one off. My phone number is 063 060 0788, so I will await your call to discuss.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service shame we had to sit inside poured down !! Had the lamb chops couldn’t really fault any of it will probably go back thanks Jazz

Matt W, Owner at Squires Loft Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the awesome review. It was great chatting the other night and glad you enjoyed your meal.
Thanks for giving Jazz a great rap too. I will pass it on!!!! ;-)
Cheers

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Had dinner here one night last week. Was a little pricey as per Patong prices go, BUT definitely worth it. Four of us all wiped our plates clean. My grilled chicken breast and green peppercorn sauce was to die for. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially "Nana" who couldn't do enough for us.

Matt W, Owner at Squires Loft Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi Peggy S,
Thanks for the awesome review. we are so glad you enjoyed your 1st experience of squires Loft. I will be sure to tell Nana of your feedback and we hope to see you again when you are next in Phuket.
Cheers,

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best steaks i have ever had,the bluecheese sauce to die for, going back again to try more

Matt W, Owner at Squires Loft Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hi CumbriaLove2travel,
Thanks for the awesome review and thanks for taking the time to do so.
Its amazing to hear such great feedback about our steaks (and yes the blue cheese is my favorite too...)
Look forward to seeing you again...ask for Matt when you get in, if I'm not around at the front.
Cheers,
Matt

Been to Squires Loft Patong? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK