“Great Great Great”
Review of Kelly's Residency

Kelly's Residency
Ranked #108 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Penthouse for 6 nights as part of our honeymoon, the room was excellent, HUGE and with two balconies. There is nothing I can fault with this hotel.
The manager, Tim, was always extremely friendly, helpful and very accommodating - his partner even cooked some fish that we'd caught on a fishing trip for dinner for us!
We'll be staying here next time we go to Patong!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rebeccam80
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 October 2009

I had Kelly's Hotel recommended to me by my sister who stayed there and absolutely loved the place. I knew I had to try it. Upon entering I was greeted by Tim who is the Manager of Kelly's. It couldn't have been a better welcome. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and not been treated this well.

After being showed to my room I was more than impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room. My room had a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and the Patong town. The other thing that was a welcome surprise was the coolness of the aircon which is just what you need after a long flight from Sydney. They even have free WiFi.

Having never been to Patong before the staff were more than helpful with pointing me in the right direction for places to eat/party/shop etc. They even have motorbikes for hire at really cheap rates. I wasn't that daring so I used what I believe is the most reliable taxi service in Patong. Not only were they always on time they were also more than happy to take me wherever I wanted to go whenever I wanted to go and can be found at http://phuketindex.com/youngestcarservice/ or I'm sure somebody at Kelly's will be happy to contact them for you. I highly recommend using them for your airport transfer so that you don't have to deal with all the touters. They also offer tours which are really great!

Kelly's is run by Aussies so it is no surprise that at the end of the day you feel at home. I even ended up spending one night drinking at the hotel bar with Tim (the manager) and a friend. It was one of the most enjoyable nights I have had in ages. Each person returning back from their night out at Bangla Road stopped to have a drink and updated me on their adventures. I highly recommend the pies.

Kelly's is suited to anyone looking to have a good time. This is why it attracts guests from all over the world.

I will be staying at Kelly's each and every time I return back to Patong and I'm sure that you won't be disappointed. Thank you very much Tim, Dan and the rest of the team!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank petesyd
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I just traveled to Patong Beach over the past weekend. I picked Kelly's Hotel based on the reviews here. It's a small hotel by one of the parallel roads to the Bangla Road. It takes about 5-10 minute walk to the Bangla Rd and the Patong Beach. The owner helped me with reserrving the taxi via email and the taxi driver was right outside the airport waiting for me in spite of my 90 min flight delay. The ride took about an hour. The hotel owner was a very nice person who helped me book Phi Phi island tour by speet boat for the following morning and also gave me directions on what to do and where to go. The hotel was spacious, clean, and inexpensive. I did not have time to spend time in the pool and in hotel much since I was out all the time. I recommend this hotel to people who are looking for a reasonabel priced hotel right by the nightlife in Patong.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank FunTruth
Reviewed 27 July 2009

we love the stay in the hotel.. since is low season.. the hotel itself is quiet..

we staying for three nights... most of the time the hotel seem deserted.. so is easy for us to go in and out from the hotel.. like our own home...hehehe..

there are motorbike for rent.. the hotel location is easy accesible to most of the streets.. nearby there have 7eleven and massage salon.. street foods and mini gasoline station are just around the corner..

there only few hotel staff around and the owner itself .. the staff are very friendly and helpful..

the room.. is quite spacious and the faciilty is tip top.. the balcony is facing the sea.. so we able to watch the sun set.. from far..

unfortunately.. the swiming pool is under contruction during our stay.. if not it will be just perfect!!! maybe next time we come and stay again ....

thanks to all the staff anf the owner.. they really show good hospitality and courtesy ....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abuyaMalaysia
Phuketinsider, Owner at Kelly's Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2009

For regular and potential guests...Swimming pool has been fixed and the pool has been re-tiled, is now fully open and functional and better than ever.

Reviewed 18 July 2009

This was my second stay at Kellys in the last 6 months. I can understand why there is so much repeat business here. Its great to relax by the pool, have a few drinks, enjoy the views and service from this family run hotel. Dan the manager is very happy to assist with tours and things to do in Phuket. Ill be back there again very soon !!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family