“Nice little hotel but the room was not cleaned well enough.”
Review of The Album Hotel

The Album Hotel
Ranked #83 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, paying 2500 baht per night. Initial impressions were good but a couple of things let the place down. Firstly, upon getting to our room, I discovered that the wall next to the bed had boogers stuck all over it! If thats not bad enough, I then discovered that the previous occupant had left a bloody band-aid stuck to the bedside table.
Then, on our second night we were woken up by 2 drunk women singing in the lobby (may as well have been outside our door) at 5am. This carried on until 7.30am even though the lobby is staffed 24 hours a day. Why werent they stopped? Yea I couldve complained but I shouldnt have to!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I'm a firm believer that expectation will govern result, so with the Album I wasn't expecting anything more than I paid (which wasn't much). I definitely wasn't expecting to arrive and be told the room I had booked (and paid for) wasn't available and they wanted to put me in a room with 2 single beds pushed together. I know this is common practice in Europe, but seriously who wants to sleep in a bed with a big ridge down the centre? So my stay at the Album was not off to a good start.

For the price the room was adequate, clean and close to the beach. Staff helpful and beach towels on request. Breakfast is basic and included in the room price.

Overall I would say the Album has an upmarket backpackers feel. Simple, adequate and cheap and there hadn't been an issue with my room I would have no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was living in Phuket for 3 months at Tiger Muay Thai (on the other side of the island) and I decided to get away for the weekend to Patong. Many of the hotels in Patong are VERY expensive, so I was pleased to find the Album Hotel. I was skeptical because of the price, but was pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, comfortable room with GREAT location to the sites. It is definitely walking distance to the Beach, Jungceylon Shopping Center and Bangla Road as well as a number of restaurants and other attractions.

My room was very simple with just two beds and a television, but I had access to their DVD collection, and a comfy robe, which was a nice touch. As with most places in Phuket, they had free wireless internet.The staff were very friendly and offered me a beverage upon my arrival for check-in. The continental breakfast the next morning was very nice as well with fresh fruit, juice, tea and English muffins. Unfortunately the pool was not available during my stay, but there was plenty to do in the area, that I didn't feel like I was missing much.

Definitely stay here if you are on a budget and don't need alot of frills. Great location.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor, facing away from the main road, and I don't remember much traffic noi...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Leah D
Reviewed 25 January 2012

visited Phuket for the tenth time and ended up staying at the Album for three days, mainly because of the price, it is an absolute no frills Hotel, very basic but functional,I went first week of Jan2012 which was peak, but I am sure you can do better for that budget, paying over a $100 for a noisy room wasn't really my idea of a holiday, I would only stay here again if I were desperate

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I really wanted to love this place, as it is "my" kind of hotel. In the end it was good, but not as great as it could be. Plus points are the staff, who are good, even by Thai hospitality standards, and the location, from which just about everything in Patong is walkable.

The decor could be good, but is let down by poor maintenance. I know it was high season when I stayed last week, but I was disappointed particularly by the condition of the pool deck. The plunge pool itself had suffered a filter failure and the water was a bit soupy. The wooden decking on the roof area was breaking up and loose underfoot. A shame, because I was looking forward to enjoying that. The room was OK, but the bathroom was in need of overall maintenance. The shower head nozzles were breaking up. The bathroom itself is cement with a white paint coating, which is a nice idea, except it was peeling off in the shower. Paint was also peeling from the bathroom door. I stayed in room 401, which is one of the "Pops" rooms.

The danger with "minimalist" style, is that if it is not maintained, the impression is that you just haven't bothered to decorate a place. The Album is not a "Budget" hotel, but management needs to pay attention, if it is not to fall back into this category.

Reading this again, it sounds worse than it actually was. I will probably return to Album hotel, because it was overall a good experience. I hope that in the meantime, management has carried out the necessary maintenance.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo