“Good gaeng heng Lay!”

Open-Air Restaurant at Fern Resort
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Mae Hong Son
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

If you come here you should try their gaeng heng Lay (pork stew)
So delicious!
Nice entertainment provided- a man singing songs such as Simon and garfunkel, Louis Armstrong and even hop the magic dragon!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Went here for dinner while staying in Mae Hong Son. The food was lovely and a dish you should try is stir fried ferns, they signature dish. I've never eaten ferns before but thus dish was lovely.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Firstly the reviews for this and the other Fern restaurant, about 1.5km away, are mixed up. I have chosen the location shown on the map for this one.
This is a large restaurant beautifully out and furnished in a lovely wooden building. Relaxing live music completed the ambience. Waitress was charming and friendly with a good sense of humour.
We ordered one of their several versions of nam phrik, a Shan chicken stew and coconut shoot Thai salad, emphasising in both English and Thai that we like spicy food. We also ordered phrik nam pla just to make sure.
The nam phrik dip was slimy with little flavour and no chilli at all, so did nothing to comlement the bland accompaniments, which is its sole purpose.
The chicken stew was good and well flavoured.
The salad had a great texture. The dressing has a good balance of sweet/sour but no salt or chilli.
Thank goodness for the phrik nam pla!
Seems they just didn't believe 'chob phet'
Tonight we're back to Kai Mook, which was wonderful.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 9 October 2016

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the food here! We ordered all sorts of different Lanna style dishes and all were superb. The wait staff was also attentive and the owner stopped by to make sure everything was O.K. You can tell this place is doing a good business due to the number of customers we saw there. One of the few places I actually enjoyed in Mae Hong Son.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 18 April 2016

During our trip we had a room in the hotel, but had our dinner in the restaurant. Closing time is around 22.30 h. That's early when arriving late and having stomach problems. For the soup I had to wait about 45 minutes. As soup and main meal in Thailand are coming together I always order them separate. So after one hour I could order my choice. This were chops from pork, but it was very much fat. The suace was another then on the menu, so I could eat it, but it was not a very good experience. The breakfast the next morning was a surprise with many choice of fresh food. As almost everywhere in Thailand very friendly staff.

Date of visit: April 2016