Tonsai itself is a wonderful location with a real hippy feel. Do note however, it’s predominantly focused towards the climber community who make up over 70% of the visitors at any given time.
Unfortunately, we can’t say the same for Tonsai Bay Resort. While the rooms are actually OK (although overpriced), the staff are to put it politely sub-standard. The owner, or proclaimed owner (a chain smoking Thai man stationed in their Tonsai office) is remarkably aggressive/ rude and made us feel extremely unwelcome during our stay at TBR.
To give some examples, he did not inform us there are two types of room available (one significantly less expensive than the other) – we only noticed this when we viewed the brochure. When we asked to see the room, he aggressively informed us we could not until we’d paid for it and to our amazement stormed off mid conversation – absolutely incredible. This left us feeling angry and disappointed, especially when the Thai people on the whole are so welcoming and trustworthy.
Regrettably, we did stay for the simple reason TBR is the only place on Tonsai with Air Con
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TONSAIBAY RESORT is located on beautiful Tonsai Bay beside Railay beach, Krabi. Our resort is set in the lush greenery geography with peaceful atmosphere and the world wide well known rock climbing cliff on the backdrop. It takes just two minutes walk away from Tonsai Beach, a swath of white sand that fringes the crystal clear water of Andaman Sea, to get to our beautifully appointed guestrooms which have been designed with the comfort and relaxation in mind. We offer 72 air conditioned rooms including Deluxe Villa, Superior Villa Deluxe room and Superior Room which open on to the rain-forest jungle while having the stunning of rock climbing cliff on the backdrop. Our resort's restaurant reside on the beach front of Tonsai bay offers various tasty both International and Thai food. Here you could enjoy the delicious cuisine while getting a pleasure from fabulous scenery of the ocean or watch rock climbing activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Tonsai Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tonsai Bay Hotel Krabi Town
- Tonsai Bay Resort Krabi, Thailand