All reviews private pool tuk tuk villa bedroom privacy bangkok hua thai bellboy amenity asia
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The pool villa was much bigger than we expected. There is a day room with its own queen bed and full en-suite.
The pool was a good decent size too.
The main room was spacious and comfortable.

Mind you it is an older resort. So do not expect things to be very very clean or spic and span.
Some travelers like me will delight that there are fish and tadpoles and other fauna in the pond in the villa, and enjoy the interesting variety of insects and such.

Others travelers will complain that there are bugs.
And the bugs WILL get into the room.
During our stay, it seems the place was infested with millipedes.

The basin didn't drain properly and the room aircon was not cold. Though this was rectified when we called the reception.
The tap was runs cloudy water, so ensure you buy your own supply of water to brush your teeth and wash the cups.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicholasl611
Reviewed 2 May 2018

It is with utmost disappointment and anger that i am sending the below email. My whole trip and excitement was ruined because of AKA Resort

let me give a brief to you

A. We arrived at the AKA Resort spa on 21st April in the afternoon. After the check in , we were taken to our room 108.

B. Once we entered the room ( pool villa ) , the first thing we notice how dirty the place was . The water between the stones , Black / Dark Green in color which means that the place must have not been cleaned for months

C. Then the private pool was so dirty that you could see moss / green fungi on the walls and the ground of the swimming pool

D. Aircon in 2 rooms were not working. A Person was sent by the reception who did some checking for 45 mins . According to him , the AC was not cooling because of the SUN.

E. The Food that we ordered was so bad that we had to go out , get some wafer packets and eat it . Tasteless.

F. The basin was not working and water was getting collected . Even after complaining , no one came till we left the Resort

G. Lot of Small creatures like Lizards / Spiders in the room due to which we just couldn’t stay in the room . So we went to the reception and ask to change the room. The Lady at the reception was rude and didn’t have the courtesy to check why the customer is unhappy. She said she will let me know if there is any other room available.

H. We had our dinner outside and when we came back, we checked at reception and very rudely she advised that she will shift us to Room 141. So in the night , we had to pack our bags and shift to another room

I. When we entered the room, we could see the difference. The Aircon was working in all rooms and the pool was little cleaner than Room 108. However once we entered the bedrooms, we could once again see a lot of insects / worms /spiders / frogs and once again it made life miserable . I had a 6yr old daughter who didn’t sleep the whole night as she was scared about something crawling up!!! So at night we took a decision to move out of the hotel

J. We went to the reception area after breakfast ( which was very under par ) and then told them that we want to check out. They told me that my check out was on 23rd, so I told them that I didn’t like the room and that’s why I want to change. Without asking me anything, she just took the payment ( for the horrible lunch on 21st ) and that’s it we moved out

We then stayed at Logigo Resort which was approx. 9 kms away and that’s where everyone felt relief.

Now please tell me what would you had done if you were in my place???? We had a 7 day trip in Thailand and 3 days were in AKA and we were the most excited to be in AKA because the kind of photos that we saw on your website , we were very sure that my kid would enjoy the most as she enjoys water

Not only did my whole trip get spoilt, I have paid 10800 THB for this booking + approx. 5000 THB for one night at Logigo

Date of stay: April 2018
5  Thank hanozdeboo
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The room space is very spacious. But the place was running down a bit and need maintenance to keep things nice again. The staffs were friendly and helpful. I would say it was a nice getaway for very private space but also the price was considered high when compared to other hotels. Hua hin now are too popular and pricey. Cha-am area is less crowded and lower ar price.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thpmm
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We booked the Family Pool Villa due to the low rate offered on Booking.com (5,200 baht for 2 double rooms), but we should've known it was too good to be true. When we arrived everything was as expected, the room was spacious and appeared to be well-maintained, the private pool is a good size. However, upon closer inspection, it was found that the room facilities were old and dirty (bathtub, curtains). The pond surrounding the villa is a nice touch, however, super dirty and filled with moss, cobwebs and tadpoles.

The stone floor around the villa was slippery from water, which caused my friend to fall and dent/bruise her shin. When I called for ice, they informed that ice buckets cost 30 for the small and 50 for the big. I then told them that i was for a bruise, and they gave us a bucket with 6 ice cubes.

There were only 4 towels given in the bathrooms and obviously we used them for the pool when we arrived. Later on when we called for more towels, we were informed that each fresh towel comes at a 100 baht charge. This is absolutely unheard of and absurd for a hotel that claims they are 5 star. After speaking to a manager, they gave us the "pool towels" that were free of charge. In my opinion, these towels should already be laid out by the pool. It is a pool villa after all (????).

There are only 2 sunbeds and chairs for a 4 person villa. The wood of the sunbed is falling apart and broke off as I moved it into a reclined position. The shower does not have even warm nor hot water.

Breakfast is okay - buffet a la carte with asian or international options. Bread, fruits and other dry products were served on the buffet. A small lizard managed to get into the watermelon display, which shows that the covers are not properly equipped. However, the waitress was nice and brought us a new plate of watermelon.

Overall, you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela L
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Perfect spot to unwind after the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Amazing staff, villas out of this world exp with each having a private pool. Only downside is the insects - 25 acres of lakes and water so its expected nothing that good ole mosquito spray wont cure. Highly recommended - far enough out from the maddening crowd but close enough for the courtesy bus trip into the centre of Hua Hin and the beach

Room tip: Villas in the middle - 130 -146 have better wifi
Date of stay: December 2017