AKA Resort & Spa
Naka Dream Hotel
#89 of 149 hotels in Hua Hin
3.9 km
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolmain poolturn down servicetuk tukvillabedroomprivacybangkokthaimassagebellboyamenityasiacurtain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

How this "resort" (and I use the term lightly) is still in business is anyone's guess. The potential is huge but the current situation is dire. I booked for a five night, quiet get away to recharge the batteries but left after two nights...not sure why it took me that long! I guess the creature in the roof space was the final straw. Being from Australia this is not such a big problem but I shouldn't have to pay for it!!
Why did I leave?
1. The grounds and surroundings are not well maintained. I saw pieces of piping lying around (no they weren't attached to anything) and had been there for a long time. Just pick them up!!
2. I was in a pool villa but had to ask for pool towels
3. The bath/spa, shower and basins are in a disgusting condition
4. The lounge chairs need maintenance and the cushions need a good clean (to get rid of the algae!)
5. The restaurant staff (except one gentleman) all need to be fired or retrained - the service was virtually non-existent. They seemed to be more interested in their own conversations than serving the paying guests.
6. The WIFI is intermittent at best.

I could go on but if you read some of the other reviews you'll get the idea...do NOT waste your money!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GlenE22
Reviewed 10 June 2017

The title of this review says it all. I will summarise below and try to justify why:

- Be prepared to pay 45 baht for a bucket of ice;
- Plenty of water bodies in the villas and all around the resort, also means lot of mosquitos;
- No maintenance, very poor service in the restaurant, unacceptable grooming of most of the staffs;
- Staffs are not trained at all;
- Bad food just act as an icing on cake; Dead ant was floating inside the lemonade;
- No internet, when you ask front office, they will inform that they are able to connect, which also suggests that all the staffs use their phones. Hence very slow or no wifi at all;
- During our stay manager came to attend the Pooja or blessings and everything seems to be fine. Wifi was working;
- Silverware on the table were dirty, you can easily see the dirt/food particles;
- During rainy days, all the creepers will creep into your room from everywhere;
- Unpleasant smell will smoother you even inside the room;
- A bar just near the restaurant seemed to be abondoned by the management;
- Very limited trip to Hua Hin city which is again a let down;
- Very dirty villa pool, think before you take a dip;
- As a result checked out one day earlier

I can go on, but seriously being an hotelinsider, this was probably the worst hotel experience of my life.

I would suggest the owner/caretaker to hand over this beautiful looking property to a boutique resort operator/franchisee for the betterment and upkeep.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend anyone
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheHotelInsider
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

The resort is not too far from hua hin night market, It takes about 15 mins by car. There is located in the mountain, local area. In the resort, fulfilled with trees and you can see many fireflies in the garden at night. Beautiful!! Staffs are very helpful and have a good service. Rooms are clean but pretty old. Bathtub is outdoor and need more maintenance. Promotion price is acceptable for pool villa. And Breakfast is not variety.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2017

We were at first disappointed that the entire villa could use a paint job and some refinishing. But the price is great for this level of accommodation, so let's cut them some slack. All was clean, and the pool was fantastic. Breakfast was excellent, and the breakfast chef was very responsive to requests. Amazing omelettes! MOST NOTEWORTHY was the wonderful, well trained staff. They responded quickly and efficiently to every request. The food from the restaurant (we had room service two evenings) was really good and reasonably priced. Echoing a criticism of other guests, charging 80 baht for ice is not reasonable.The shuttle bus to town was on time and the driver, like the other staff, was friendly and helpful. So, other than needing some tender loving care, this is a great spot.

Room Tip: All good, all quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

After reading all the other bad reviews, I have to say I was quite lucky not have encountered those things during my short 2 nights stay there.
First of all, the location is quite remote and there were virtually no other guests around (which could be good or bad).
The villa was big , the cleanliness was ok but definitely could be better.
The pool seemed cleaned except for the water bugs, but i'm not sure whether this is normal or not (they weren't probably cholrine in the pool)
There were mosquitoes (but we forgot to close the bathroom doors so we let them in). I guess bugs are normal in these kinds of environments.
Breakfast was ok.
The spa was ok.
We did experience a 10 min blackout one night.
Didn't have much interaction with staff so not much problem.
Overall my experience was ok, didn't have much problem, but most likely not coming back for a second time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple