All reviews palm pool frangipani wing manager james plunge pool pool residence pranburi beach outdoor shower small luxury hotel kite surfers ocean view sound of the waves shared pool local market perfect place to relax tuk tuk fantastic holiday relaxing break
Reviewed 9 March 2016

My son lives in Bangkok, and for my first trip to Thailand he took me to his favourite getaway . Aleenta is magical, from the beachside villas, to the service, food, and fantastic management . Thank you , James Noble, for taking the time out to show us the farm , which supplies food for the restaurant . Everything is growing using organic farming methods. The lemon basil soup was really great . Aleenta appeals to all the senses , lovely food ,massages, peace, luxury .... Brilliant

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Angie J
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We stayed in one of the "Palm Pool Residence" villas, which was lovely. The resort is very small and intimate, and there aren't many other hotels on the beach, which gave a very peaceful and private feel to our holiday.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were also treated to a tour of the hotel's vegetable gardens, which were beautiful.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soap88
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Booked the Palm Pool Residence with Gourmet Glider Retreat package.

The hotel appointed driver picked us up on time from our hotel in Bangkok, but the driver should have held a card with my name, things would have been much easier (even though the management of Aleenta Resort instructed me to look for a guy with a card). We were picked up by a nice Lexus and the 3 hour ride to Aleenta was enjoyable and relaxing.

The check in process was smooth and we were presented with an itinerary of what we were suppose to do for the next 3 days. This was a surprise for me as I wasn't notify of such itinerary. Some of the activities were not really our cup of tea. Anyway, we checked in to our gorgeous villa, which was facing the sea. Soft music was playiing as we opened the door to the room. The villa is very well kept, nicely decorated. The overall concept of the room is traditional Thai with contemporary touch. Bed and comforter are comfortable and to our liking. The king size bed was facing the sea and the almost 180 degree view of the sea was extremely pleasing and we can open the all the glass doors if we choose to.

Bathroom was big and it featured an outdoor rain shower. Hot water was almost instantaneous. However, it was too dimly lit so I wouldn't recommend a night shower.

The private Jacuzzi pool was also facing the sea and it was excellent, even though there is no privacy.

As our package included all the meals, including a candle lit dinner by the swimming pool on the second floor of the check in building. The restaurant was located on the second floor of the main building. A small infinity pool was beside the restaurant. The view of the restaurant would be perfect if it was not partly obstructed by a 2-storey villa. Anyway, the food of our candle lit dinner was tasty and the portion was more than enough to fill our hungry stomach even though they really did take their time to serve us, and I mean really took their time. Not sure if it was designed that way but we used it to our advantage by enjoying each others company.

Breakfast was really cool as it was served on a special tray and you can choose a main course. They were prepared with heart and soul, and finishing everything on the table was the most evident testimonial from us.

The only let down was the second dinner, which took place in a fishing village. We were all for street/traditional Thai food but to us, this traditional restaurant was inappropriate for such package. Place was dirty, unkept and most importantly, the selection of the food was a disaster. To make thing worse, the food didn't taste good, at all.

As mentioned earlier, we were presented with an itinerary that we weren't notify before hand, we had to make a few changes here and there. Glad to say, the front desk staffs were very helpful to help us with what we wanted. Even though we didn't manage to meet the manager, but all I can say is that, they were flexible and willing to try their best to accommodate us. In short, we get to do what we wanted to do in Hua Hin without sacrificing anything in the package.

Speaking of location, the hotel was located 30 minutes away from Hua Hin. Aleenta had a contract with the local taxi to bring us to our destination. Forewarned that the fare was expensive, really expensive. According to one of the staff, we can actually try to catch one around 200m from the hotel, but we didn't bother to find out.

In short, the resort is truly a gem. Front desk staffs were very very helpful. The staffs in the restaurant were very friendly and polite. Resort was well kept and the room was close to perfect. Three things that I would asked them to improve on would be the itinerary. It would be better if the guests knew about it before arrival. That should eliminate a lot of complications. Secondly, the dinner at the fishing village. Oh god, please scrap that off the itinerary. It was embarrassing and it didn't reflect well on the status of the resort. Thirdly, lower the taxi fare, for heaven's sake.

All in all, despite a few negative points, i would still highly recommend this resort! We enjoyed ours tremendously.

ps: There was a pregnant front desk lady (I can't remember her name), she was such an angel! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Radiikal
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

We had a week at Aleenta recently - our sixth visit so they must be doing something right! It is so relaxing from the moment we arrive at Bangkok airport and see our driver. We know there is nothing to do there (our choice it has to be said) but that's the whole point. We walk along the beach, enjoy the garden and sea front area and the evening food is a highlight. Simple but authentically Thai.
Charming staff and the garden maintenance is admirable. James continues to expand the farm area and it's quite an enterprise now, supplying not only Aleenta but some Bangkok restaurants also. All praise to him.
Total R and R (but more available if you want it!).
Aleenta has a special place in our hearts.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodwardl
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I booked this hotel for my honeymoon. After reading great reviews and taking a chance that this resort is abt 30km from city, I went ahead with this due to their packages on the internet. I started corresponding with the customer service via email to make sure that my booking is done correctly and there is no hiccups. I kept pointing out to the website where they had the agenda stated there. After several emails exchanging between us, I booked a combined itinerary for Cheek to Cheek and Gourmet Glider Retreat. The customer service ensured me that everything was in order and it will follow exactly what they have stated on the website. I choose the Palm Pool Residences as it was in the part of the resort where children are not around and I have a private pool to myself.

When I arrived at the hotel, this is where everything got screwed up. They checked me into the room and provided me with an itinerary. Due to the long transit from my house to the hotel, I was not very attentive. After a quick freshen up, I noticed that the room looked different and there were childrens running outside. I realized that the itinerary was totally different from what I booked. I went and asked the front desk and spoke to Mon. I asked her about my itinerary and why is it different. She said that she will need to speak to supervisor. Then I asked her why my room is not as per the package, she said she will need to speak to supervisor. So while she speaks to the supervisor, I made a private candle light dinner arrangement with the hotel. There was supposed to be a bouquet of flower given when we arrived. But there was none, I told Mon to present it during my dinner. I left her to discuss with the supervisor about my room. Moments after I returned to see what has transpired, Mon said there was no room. Which was really annoying. She said that she can only offer me 2 nights in Pool residence and 2 nights in Palm Pool residences. I declined it and insisted that she make it all 4 nights in Palm Pool.

During my private dinner, we were tented out by the beach under the lovely full moon. The staff who served us was very friendly. However, the food was coming very slowly. and for the price I paid for the dinner, the food portion was not worth it at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take this package. It's better to use the money in the restaurant. The portions are better there.

The next day, we went to the main building for our breakfast. We asked to meet with the supervisor. The front desk staff told us that the manager is away for a meeting. I left my number for the manager to return my call and I told the staff that I want to switch rooms today. They kept insisiting that there was no rooms available. After breakfast and retuning to my room, we got a call from the front desk who asked us to pack out bags and the bell boy will come to collect it. After packing and waiting, there was no one coming. When I called back they said that there was no room. They just want us to pack the bags so when if we go out, they can move our things to the new room. What a rip off, I spent 1 night in a room I didn't pay for and have to wait longer for another room. Till now, there was still no call from the manager. within 5 min after the last call, there was a room made available. We were moved to the correct room at this time. After moving and settling down, we decided to go to town for a sightseeing and food exploration.

While waiting for our ride, the staff, Jump, spoke to us about the itinerary. He apologized that due to the strong wind, it is not possible to have the Paramotor activity. He gave us an activity book and asked us to choose an activity. We were happy that this time someone spoke to us about what we wanted and not changing things as they please. After speaking to Jump and agreeing to go with ATV tour, this guy James just hopped out of the room and said that he was the pilot for the paramotor and he dont think it is good to fly now. I told him we understand that but at least ask us what we want in return. James turned to Jump and mocked us by telling Jump, "We gave them a bigger room and a bigger pool and they dont appreciate it". Later on, he said that we should go for elephant ride instead. Then to find out that arrogantly idiot was the Resident Manager who never bothered returning my call.

Day 3 was when my new package begins. So I went to the front desk to ensure that all was in order and there was no more hiccups, to my surprise there was more hiccups. Again, they cut down my cooking classes with the chef and tried to remove my culinary craft class. As we were sorting it out, James had to come out again with another worthless remark, "Oh, you have a very packed day. Shouldn't you be laying somewhere and enjoying". What the hell!!?? Then don't have packages anymore if you want to cheat people and give idiotic remarks.

Cooking class was great. We met Chef Tom. He was funny, friendly and really made the bad days better. He showed us around the orchard and the market and later thought us to cook 3 thai dishes of our favorites. Cooking class is really great. After that we got our culinary classes from Chef Tom also. He was totally honest and told us that 3hrs culinary is really boring. So I told him, teach us what you can. Even if it is lesser then 3 hrs, its fun to learn something new. And it was a fun class as well.
That night, we had a 5 course dinner. It was superb. Everything was just great the food, the staffs, the chef. If it was not for these people, it will be a really horrible honeymoon for me.

On our final day, we came to a conclusion about the hotel.
1. Never take the packages from the hotel (found in special offer). They cheat by changing everything the very last minutes.
2. Never trust the reservation team with their itinerary.
3. James ONLY pays attention all white people only and other asians he just walk away.
4. Aleenta is a really beautiful beach resort to get away from busy life.
5. Don't bother asking to meet the supervisor/manager. Where there is a problem he will not be there.
6. The staffs are really friendly and amazingly helpful.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple