“Thailand's Hidden Gem”

Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Thailand's Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I have traveled all over Thailand and found the pristine beaches and loving people of Pranburi to be worthy of us rating this stay as our best to date. This stretch of the Thai coast appears to have been purposefully protected from the commercialism and other modern advancements which have eroded other parts of the country.
The staff from the resident manager on down were extremely courteous, professional and consistently maintained a familial relationship with their guests without intruding on our privacy (a rarity with this size of a property!!).
The staff is always ready to help - We had several random requests that were no problem at all including a bowl of dry white rice for a water-logged iPod. One of the staff members that stood out for us was Lek. She always has a smile - her youthful exuberance and pride for her hometown epitomizes what the Aleenta offers it's clientele.

We stayed in Pool Suite 10 and out of the three Pool Suites it has the most privacy. Definitely recommend staying here if you want that retreat away!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AJyJT
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Nothing I say about this weeks holiday can do it justice. My wife and I were seeking a week of relaxation, and being pampered....doing as little or as much as we wanted, when and where we wanted. We spent a number of days just relaxing by the idyllic pool; a day with the elephants; hours walking down the natural beach (just beautiful), a morning with the manager and chef at the local market and the holiday finished off with a romantic dinner for 2 on the beach. All the 20 or so rooms are individual & wonderful and we would have been happy to stay in any of them. Could not recommend this hotel enough.... for setting; what it offers and most importantly the wonderful staff and amazing service.

Room Tip: Be clear whether you want to be right next to the beach or a view of the beach ....all rooms are fab...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Due to a small accident my father-in-law had before arriving in Pranburi, we were stuck in the Frangipani Villa and mobility was very limited. During our stay the Resident Manager/his wife and his staff took care of us like we were the only one on the resort. During our stay we also had to do a spontaneous hospital visit which was arranged on the spot and also translation services in the hospital was arranged without asking. The lack of mobility made us use the hotel facitilies to its fullest. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were served by Ms A. (shortest name i ever heard) with a smile in our villa.
If we could find any issue, the solution was provided instantly. We have stayed at many excellent hotels around the world, yet the service has never been as good and friendly as in the Aleenta. Sounds like I am the manager writting this but I am not.

Credit should be given where credit is due and they certainly did a fantastic job accomodating us where we had many wishes. Even for my daughters birthday special arrangments were made with no hassle. I quote my 14 year old: "This was the best birthday ever" (and you know how difficult it is to convince a teenager)
Being in charge myself of a Service team worldwide, I have learned valuable lessons of serving your customers with a smile and patience. No matter what.

Thank you James and his wife, Ms A and all the other staff for making our stay a pleasure despite of my father in law, being unable to walk.

GBA - Switzerland

Room Tip: The villa is a nice place to stay with a large pool next door. If you do have an issue talk to the m...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank G B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at this resort earlier this year having spent a few days in Bangkok beforehand.

Be aware that the hotel is a good 20 minute drive outside of Hua Hin - and all the better for it. The beach goes on for miles and you are lucky if you see more than a dozen people walk by in a day. It really is so peaceful

We have not felt so relaxed on returning from a holiday for some time. The Resident Manager and his staff are to be congratulated. Nothing was too much trouble and the attention to detail/little things set them apart from the rest.

The food was superb and the chef sent out little tasters for us most days - and seemed to appreciate our honest feedback (some was not to our taste, but some was absolutely sublime).

Some evenings we were the only couple at the bar - but this is a small boutique hotel which gives you the option of eating on your own private terrace everyday if you so wish - and with the most of the rooms virtually on the beach - you can understand why.

The rooms are well furnished and rustic in style - perfect for the beach setting. In fact the whole hotel is wonderfully understated. You have a pre-loaded ipod and docking station in every room with a vast selection of music to cater to all tastes. Each room also seems to have its own book library - I found myself reading books I would not normally have picked up off a shelf - something I actually really enjoyed. Some people may find the lack of a TV/contact with the outside world a little claustrophobic. After 48 hours of 'cold turkey' I actually rather enjoyed it!

They try to source as much as possible locally and very much get involved with the community (eg they have a small nursery opposite where the local schoolchildren learn how to grow crops which they then sell back to the hotel at a profit!)

If you want a totally relaxing break without TVs, crowds, a laid back but sophisticated feel to your holiday and a real get away from it all - then the Aleenta is for you. We really do mean it when we say, we will be back.

Room Tip: The individual beach front round bungalows with pool are amazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
We are so glad you found us and you loved what wea re trying to do
Indeed we dont claim to be perfect but we do try in all areas to make this an ideal place to drop of the grid
We loved having you here and Chef chris really enjoyed cooking for you and hes always trying new stuff so your right to keep him on track !!!
We are 5 star as you know but we dont like to be brash, we liek to be under the radar and have room for our family to return
please when you return to us and bring some seeds , we can grow them together for the great and the good of the area...no one goes hungry when Aleentas around
we love the fact you can see what we do, that alone is enough praise,
We believe in simple luxury , and is that cold turkey organic ?
see you soon and we wil have the cosmos on ice

The fore mentioned manager
James noble
santa monica
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I spend 4 wonderful days at Aleenta and did not want to leave. I was greeted by a very polite english speaking gentleman, who I would later learn was James Noble, Aleenta's manager, as well as an equally polite staff person who brought me a wonderful refreshment after having spent 3 hours in a dusty cab ride. My entire stay was incredible and restful. The staff at Aleenta were incredibly polite and went out of their way to look after my every comfort. Mr.Noble was incredibly informative on the surrounding area and the fact that he was able to translate when necessary made my stay not only restful but also incredibly educational. I am coming back and bringing friends!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Our home is your home
Our style is your style thats why it just clicked!
and didnt we have a blast ?
great nattering with youe and i am really truly proud to have met you as a person
weMy team are not perfect as also am i ....but we rally, we work and we progress, think what we could be with in a year ...like a tree we grow and get stronger.
We are waiting for your return to get some gardening done!
Chris , ple and all my team say hi and Aleenta is your kinda hotel

Best wishes