See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I expected more for the price. Boo ked suite room. no free water 6 electric sockets only 2 worked. If I stay again would take standard aircon room.sea view from terrace no restaurant. ............... .. . ..... ..

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank andytwoflowers
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Karoom Guest house because we're on a tight budget and it looked basic but clean on the internet. Reality is quite different: one of the sockets looks quite dangerous as its halfway hanging out, the lock of the cupboard doesn't work, the floor is sticky and as we whiped something up with a piece of toilet paper, the paper was black afterwards. The sheets also haven't been washed In a long time I guess. There are dirty footprints on them. The head and the foot of the head is covered in sticky dust. And the only responsible you can find is a teenager girl sitting in the front desk.. If all the rooms they have are like this I would really not recommend going here.

• Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 3 February 2015

I stayed here on my first night in Hua hin as it was close by and a reasonable price. I booked through Agoda on my ipad and after about thirty minutes went to the hotel to check in.

The hotel was obviously budget accommodation, but that was fine as I was looking for a place to stay for the night. Upon checking in, the receptionist was playing on her phone for five minutes and after I patiently waited for her, I showed her my reservation. Immediately, there was a problem so she then got the manager and showed her. The manager then tried to tell me that there was no room for me to stay in as I hadn't booked in early enough. I had never experienced this before as if a room is advertised, there should actually be a room to sleep in. She was very rude and not apologetic or helpful at all. I asked for my money back but she refused.

Finally, after about fifteen minutes of negotiations, she managed to get me a room.
The room was very basic but clean at least. Convenient location. Slow wifi.

No way I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Karoon hut guesthouse is right in the heart of the tourist area of Hua Hin. It stretches out onto one of the piers, as previouse people have said you can literally see the sea the floor boards, and hear it as well. This accommodation is very basic,great if you are on a tight budget.but you can get better for the same price in the area. The bars and restaurants around the area are very lively with a mixture of high end to budget. Ideal place for 2 or 3 nights but I would not recommend Karoon Hut.

Room Tip: For the difference in price go for the fan room, you do not need airrconat night. You are right over the sea and it gets quite cool
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

We were looking for something cheap.. so we book a standard that by picture looked nice but when we arrive they gave us a totally diferent room smaller and with large cracks between the rods of the floor.. so you can see the waves under your feet but really noisy and with possibility to have cockroaches .. so they get pitsoff because I was asking the room I paid for.. so at the end they gave me the right room.. that was free!! This was nice and with normal floor but.. it was close to the water pump system of the restaurant beside the g.house.. that was making an annoying noise all day long.. the only good thing was the big pubblic balcony in front of the sea.. but is not enough to come back there.. never more!!

• Stayed: January 2015