“Huge disappointment”

Karoon Hut Guesthouse
Ranked #212 of 316 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2015

I stayed in Karoon Hut for one night and I was very disappointed. It seemed alright in the pictures on internet, but reality was completely different.. And I'm not expecting much for these prices after all! For this price, I would've gotten something more comfortable, I'm sure!

The room was small with a queen-size bed and bathroom. The windows of the room faced the ocean, but there was some kind of storage building in front of the window so I couldn't see out at all. The windows had been let open so the room was really damp because of the location by the shore.

Sheets were so dirty that I had to use my own scarf to cover the bed so I could sleep in it. There was a lot of dark hair and dust around.. Toilet was alright! Staff was not friendly at all, on the contrary they seemed angry at me when I arrived (I had a late check-in). When I checked out in the morning, there was no one in the reception, so I just had to leave the key to the front desk..

Wouldn't stay here again for this price!

Such a shame, because the location is really nice and this place has so much potential with the beautiful deck facing the ocean! Wish the owner would realize that someday!

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend this place with this price.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I expected more for the price. Boo ked suite room. no free water 6 electric sockets only 2 worked. If I stay again would take standard aircon room.sea view from terrace no restaurant. ............... .. . ..... ..

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank andytwoflowers
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Karoom Guest house because we're on a tight budget and it looked basic but clean on the internet. Reality is quite different: one of the sockets looks quite dangerous as its halfway hanging out, the lock of the cupboard doesn't work, the floor is sticky and as we whiped something up with a piece of toilet paper, the paper was black afterwards. The sheets also haven't been washed In a long time I guess. There are dirty footprints on them. The head and the foot of the head is covered in sticky dust. And the only responsible you can find is a teenager girl sitting in the front desk.. If all the rooms they have are like this I would really not recommend going here.

• Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 3 February 2015

I stayed here on my first night in Hua hin as it was close by and a reasonable price. I booked through Agoda on my ipad and after about thirty minutes went to the hotel to check in.

The hotel was obviously budget accommodation, but that was fine as I was looking for a place to stay for the night. Upon checking in, the receptionist was playing on her phone for five minutes and after I patiently waited for her, I showed her my reservation. Immediately, there was a problem so she then got the manager and showed her. The manager then tried to tell me that there was no room for me to stay in as I hadn't booked in early enough. I had never experienced this before as if a room is advertised, there should actually be a room to sleep in. She was very rude and not apologetic or helpful at all. I asked for my money back but she refused.

Finally, after about fifteen minutes of negotiations, she managed to get me a room.
The room was very basic but clean at least. Convenient location. Slow wifi.

No way I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Karoon hut guesthouse is right in the heart of the tourist area of Hua Hin. It stretches out onto one of the piers, as previouse people have said you can literally see the sea the floor boards, and hear it as well. This accommodation is very basic,great if you are on a tight budget.but you can get better for the same price in the area. The bars and restaurants around the area are very lively with a mixture of high end to budget. Ideal place for 2 or 3 nights but I would not recommend Karoon Hut.

Room Tip: For the difference in price go for the fan room, you do not need airrconat night. You are right over...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple