“Interesting experience”

Thai Massage by the Blind
Ranked #22 of 72 Spas & Wellness in Hua Hin
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I am used to having Thai massages regularly and thought I would try a massage by a blind person, touch being a very important part of massage. The man was clearly completly blind and he literally felt his way. He found old injuries that he could not have known about so was clearly in tune with my body. As usual with a thai massage, there are periods when it hurts a lot and periods when it is very relaxing. He used much pressure and I genuinely expected to be bruised the next day. However, when I woke up, I felt completely refereshed, like a new start. Excellent massage, when I am next in Hua Hin, I will certainly repeat it. I recommend a 2 hour session.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

It wasn't quite relaxing as they only used a lot of pressure. I was expecting after 2 hours of Thai massage with some minor pain, I would come out like a new person as I once had as awesome thai massage in Bangkok that gave me that experience. Husband seemed to be in a lot of pain during the whole 2 hours, definitely making some noise. Those masseuses were blind but not deaf. The one who work on my husband should have heard the noise and asked if he needed to adjust the applied pressure. but he didn't. Even a regular masseuse would do that. I came out questioning if I had bruises on my legs. My husband said his feet hurt. it was the worst massage he ever had. 2 hr massage wasn't satisfying. we went to Thai Thai massage the next day. it was much better.
I never had a massage by the blind before. i heard they were good because they had better senses with their hands. it was somewhat of an experience i wanted to try, plus it seemed like a good cause. if you wanna do something good, go for it. if you want a real Thai massage, I wouldn't recommend going there.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I chose Thai Massage by the Blind, by the great reviews on TA and I wanted to support their business. The establishment is right across from the Ob-Oon, which is part of the Putahracsa resort if anybody is trying to find it, because the map has it wrong.

I had the Traditional Thai massage by a male masseuse, his name was Lun, I think. I asked how much and clearly understood it was 250baht for 90 min but at end it costed me 300baht and I also tip him 200baht, which he was very delight to receive. I didn't complain, I thought he really did a thorough job.
He will ask in broken English and sometime using his phone to translate from Thai to English if I liked light, medium or firm massage, I asked for firm. Lun did such a great job at kneading and massaging the leg muscles and back muscles. At times, my muscles were screaming but I breathed deeply through it. The deep tissue and stretching technique really helped me to be more agile and flexible. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

A fancy reception, soothing background music or smell of essential oils... None of the above but simply a strong and thorough (thai)massage! Performed by a blind masseur (male or female). I enjoyed a one hour thai massage yesterday (200 baht) and will go back for a back or foot massage later this week!

When you are in Hua Hin, please give it a try and support the blind masseurs!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2016

If your back hurts, it is good with a traditional Thai Massage. This place is divided into several room, where you can get several sort of massage. For the Thai massage you get dressed intona pyjamas and they work on your body using hands, knees and elbows.They will work through all your muscles. Part of it hurts, but i really helps. My back got much better.
Two fays later I also tried the foot massage, which makes feel very relaxed. I feel a sleep several times during a 1 hour session.