See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2014

At just over £10 a night, it was great value, for a 10 night stay

I also got the "Give me your passport" girl when I checked in, but she speaks more English than I speak Thai so can't complain too much :). Only the cleaner seems to be able to speak any English to be honest, she's a lovely lady. People should know about checking in over the road, many reviews mention it.

After requesting a quiet room when booking, & confirming I had been given a quiet room when checking in, I was shown to a room at the front, overlooking the 6 lane very noisy highway right in front of the hotel ha ha. Straight back over the road to request a quiet room at the back as I had already requested. I was asked if I had used anything in the room ??, I had only been in it for a minute to drop my bag off & return to request a room change

Room quickly changed to quiet room at the back, but not a double bed, 2 single mattresses pushed together which I hate. I put up with it for my stay however. Its one of the most irritating things hotels do in my opinion..

Room was a good size, good AC, good WIFI, big fridge & a good location, with a small balcony. All the rooms are accessed off a central stairway, which is not a great idea as it just takes 1 prat coming back late to wake everybody up. Luckily, the hotel guests were all fairly quiet & no late-night noise during my stay luckily, apart from the coughing man in the next room. Didn't matter what time it was at night, whenever I woke up, I could hear cough, cough, cough :)

I don't think I'll return to Hua Hin, but my stay here at the hotel was good. I never got around to checking the swimming pool over the road

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back, the road at the front is very noisy
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were in for a shock when we arrived in front of Royal Express. "FOR RENT" stickers were glued to the shop lot downstairs. After calling the number on our booking confirmation slip, we were asked to check in at Citin Loft across the street. Needless to say, we were pretty confused, including our driver.

The check-in process at Citin Loft was quick and the next we knew, the bellboy had put our luggage onto the cart and started to transport it out of the hotel. Off we went through the narrow soi to the main road. The sound from the wheels were scary as the road was uneven, as if they would give way any time. The bellboy took us across to where the "FOR RENT" stickers are and lead us through the tiny door beside it. We had to climb 3 flights of stairs to our rooms and luckily the bellboy and security guard helped us with our luggage.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and water is also provided. Two 600mls in the fridge. One complaint is the air conditioner that is faced directly at my bed, directly into my face. Had to adjust the flap which helped a little.

Internet connection there is just fantastic! The fastest I've experienced in Thailand.

The housekeeping lady was very very friendly and spoke heavily accented English. I could still understand her, so it's not a problem if you want extra slippers, change your towel, get your room cleaned or others which fall under the housekeeping department.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay.

Room tip: Request for room that is away from main road or you'll have to put up with noise from the traffic and at night, noise from a nearby karaoke.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

guess I am picky, particularly after a very late arrival by train from Bangkok, but to be greeted at Citin Loft, where you check in to their Royal Express Annex, by “Give me your passport” was hardly welcoming. Suggest “Please” be added to and made mandatory to Front Desk staff vocabulary. Nor was the welcoming drink and cold towel given me.
Welcome to cheap and cheerful, maybe not so cheerful.
A smiling porter took me over to my room; note ‘smiling,’ it is getting better until I find that my room is on the third floor, no lift, and faces the main drag where the local boy racers practice without mufflers through the late evening.
The room was clean, adequate towels (third world grey), hot water, (once you master the heating system) vast ‘fridge, excellent Wi-Fi.
Location great and, on reflection price great when I checked that the Hilton was Baht 8.000 a night.
Breakfast next door or at a number of local restaurants.
NB - Security staff on duty at street door every time I went in and ou

Room tip: Get a room away from the main drag
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel is close to the beach and city center. The hotel reception is on the other side of the road and we stayed at another complex named Citin. Like many many hotels of Hua Hin, it's not possible to have a sea view room here but the rooms are good and the staffs are nice.

Room tip: It's better to stay in the main hotel complex to have easier service
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emailswarup
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Royal Express Hua Hin is actually the small part of Citin Loft Hua Hin.

Its located on Petchakasem Road (Hua Hin Main Rd) with 5-10 mins walk to the beach surrounded by many restaurants ans close by the Hua Hin Night Market.

Compare with the price, its worth staying if u dont mind that the hotel is not on the beach. they have most needed room amenities with enough space for 2 adults and 1 chd.

The balcony is available and you can see Citin Loft Hua Hin Hotel just across the street.

The good thing is that if u want to swim, u can walk to citin loft and use the swimming there without charge.

Their bed is quiet comfy and the bathroom is ok with the shower.

The only bad part is that theres no elevator, so just for your tip, ask them u need a low floor room!

Date of stay: July 2013