“It is a lonely planet too”
Review of Margaritas - CLOSED

Margaritas
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We use to be in the center of the night market. Then we moved to Hua Hin Soi 61, short walk from The Hilton, between the Post Office and Burger King, across the street from City Beach Hotel. This is the main road to the Beach. We have brought back the same authintic cuisine that we had before and added a few new dishes.
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Awesome place, very friendly Mexican owner and the best Mexican cocktails what I have had ever in my life. The food extremely fresh and absolutely Mexican style. We spend every night there since we found it.

1  Thank Kiszmano78

Reviewed 6 March 2012

If you are fan of mexican food or simply love a great fresh meal made from scratch - this is the place! Well priced delicious margaritas 3-4 euros a bargain comparing to other mexican "tourist" places in town.. this is as authentic as it gets.. loved it and can't wait to go back.. The decor can be improved to make it a little cozier, who knows maybe this is the mexican style :)

1  Thank MCJULIA
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Alberto and his partner gave us the most friendly and superb service, how can you NOT go back ? The food is such a nice break with a taste that you can't find in Thailand that often, especially when you're at times a little 'Thai-ed out' with the local food. Being a resident here, that's a welcome sight to see as in Margaritas. Or, even if you're tourist for that matter if you've had your fill of pad thai during your vacation.

Great portions of food, outstanding service, cozy textured walls of vibrant colours and decor, and front row view of all the people-watching activity in the popular Hua Hin night market right in front of the restaurant.

Alberto has a large outdoor entrance/patio, where you can eat closer to the activity...or, you can sit inside, listen to the music and enjoy your striking red, yellow and green decorative surroundings, while sippin' on an icy 'rita.

Tasty filling food, REALLY hospitable owners, refreshing cocktails and wonderful atmosphere - can't go wrong here - highly recommended and then some! Will return many times.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Far too sweet....needed more Tequila, although owners & staff were friendly

1  Thank Brenmeryl
Margaritas_ED, Owner at Margaritas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Hello and I am sorry for your negative experience at my restaurant. However I assure you that our Margaritas are made with several shots of alcohol per drink. However some people really like an alcohol taste and for that I recommend our Original Margarita. With that drink, you get to taste the tequila and it blends perfectly with the fresh lime juice and salted rim. However from what I gather from your comment, you probably had the Frozen or the Shaken margarita, which although the alcohol is still there, the sweet and sour mix is used to lessen the alcoholic taste to is so that several may be consumed with your meal. If you still happen to be in Hua Hin, I encourage you to come back and tell me about this review and I will serve you an Original Margarita on the house, so you can see that it really does depend on the drink you order as to whether it is going to taste a lot like alcohol or be a sweeter drink to enhance the taste of your scratch made Mexican meal.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

After eating Thai food days on end you get desperate to try something different, so we tried margaritas based upon all the great TA reviews. The margaritas tasted like virgin versions (don't know if they contained any tequila at all), the nachos and the Quesadilla were nice but the burrito and fish Vera cruz were very dissapointing.
I guess in Hua Hin this is Ok but in any other place they would struggle.

Again as the owner, I hate to hear that you had a less than expected experience at my establishment. I do assure you that there was alcohol in your drink as all our margaritas take at least 2 shots of alcohol per drink.

As the above reviewer noted for them our frozen margarita was too sweet for them too. If you like the taste of tequila, I wholeheartedly recommend our Original Margarita. This drink is the exact margarita you would get if you order in a bar in Mexico. It is a strong and sour drink, blending the gold tequila with fresh squeezed lime juice while the salt on the rim really ties the flavors together well.

As I have told other people in past negative reviews, these are all things that can be fixed if brought to our attention. If ever you feel that there is something you are not happy about at my restaurant please bring it to our attention and we will either change your entree for something more to your satisfaction or simply remove it from your ticket so you do not pay for something you did not enjoy. I really hope if you happen to be around town for a while longer, you come back and tell us you want a extra spicy burrito and we will definitely add in a bit more heat to your meal so you will walk away happy.