“Its ok, for what it is.”
Review of Fresh Inn Hotel

Fresh Inn Hotel
Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Its ok, for what it is.”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed here as a Bangkok 'refugee' in the last week of October '11.

The entrance to the hotel is right off a very busy soi [street], so be very very careful if you are here with kids! Anyway, the entrance is the usual faux marble affair, and its nice and clean. The staff are friendly, and their English is pretty good.

My room [405] looked over the soi, but as I was a bit higher up, traffic and bar noise never bothered me. If you were at the rear of the building, or lower at the front, then traffic to the front, and bars to the rear may bother you.

It depends what you look for in a hotel. The hotel seemed to be occupied by mostly men in their 30's/40's/50's, there to play golf during the day, and probably out for a beer and some 'entertainment' at night. That said, the hotel was very quiet.

The room....old. Thats the best way to describe it. It was clean enough, but old. Tired is another word to describe it. The aircon was a little intrusive, but it did the job. Bathroom was very small, but practical i.e. you can do your business and get a shower; it is in no way luxury though. The bed was just ok.

No safety box in the room though - which bothered me, and it meant I carried my camera and laptop everywhere.

Probably the best part about this hotel was its location. Its bang in the middle of Hua Hin. As a marker, its straight across the road from the Hilton - which is where I spent most of my time with friends that were staying there!

I paid 1,650 THB per night, with buy 6 nights, get 1 night free. So, worked out just over 1,400 THB per night. Not too bad.

Unless, you like eggs, cold filtered coffee, and warm fruit, then avoid the breakfast here at all costs! It really was the worst example of a breakfast I have ever experienced. I tried it once and that was enough! There are plenty of places offering 99 THB breakfasts, which I have no doubt will be better than here.

Or, you could walk to the beach [5 minutes] and just eat the sand, as that would be more enjoyable. The water would be warmer than the coffee; thats for sure!

There is also a very small, inside, swimming pool. I never used it, as its really a big bath. Seemed all clean anyway.

Look, thats really about it for this place. It isn't very good, but neither is it very bad. I'd like to have given it 2.5 out of 5, but I'll err on the side of the bad points, and the fact that when using the free wifi [which I had to tell them more than once to please switch on; as they kept manually switching off the router - I saw them do it!], a mouse ran through the lobby. I only saw it once, but I saw it!

And I got mosquito bites all over my legs, as the lobby doesn't have aircon, and therefore all the windows are open.

Would I stay here again? Hmmmm...yes, ok, but not for anymore than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Front, as high as possible.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank bayerische
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Thai first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 7 August 2011

As with all hotels in thailand the staff were very helpful and friendly.The room was clean and spacious but i should have looked for a balcony.The beach is only 2mins walk from the hotel and there are loads of shops and restaurants nearby.The location is the best thing about this hotel but it is a little bit pricey.

Room Tip: Look for a balcony!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Thailand
Reviewed 14 April 2011

we stayed 1 night without reservation and checked in by walk in around 18.30, very nice staff, free parking at the backside, good and clean rooms.
Fabulous location right in the centre of old Hua Hin and very near to the famous seaside seafood restaurants. Until midnight a bit noisy bc of the open air restaurants around but we also enjoyed the stroll here, lovely atmosphere with international guests, mostly european.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank magmur
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,004 helpful votes
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Great location and lovely entrance. There is also a lift. It is fresh (excuse the pun) and it is clean. The rooms are spacious (Deluxe), well furnished and had a small balcony. Bathroom was tiled and clean with good quality towels. Be warned!! The hotel backs onto the bar area so be careful with your room or you not get any sleep until after 0200...or later! I have stayed here over the years and haven't been disappointed at all. It does what it says on the tin and offers good value for money. It doesn't do anything special so that's why my 3 star rating. It is what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. There is no real pool and this is a draw back. I stayed in another local 3 star (Araya Residence...see my review) and the contrast for the same money could not be more stark. I would stay here again..no problem.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Harleyclarkey
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 July 2010

How things can change in a few years. I recently stayed at Fresh Inn with extended family. We rented two rooms which were clean, but that's where it ended. The beds where as hard as the floor, the bed pillows smelled of foam and there was no hot water! (Staff claimed they had solar heaters for hot water and it was cloudy for the time we were there.
I had stayed at the Fresh Inn a few years prior and had none of these issues before. I reuested a discount because of the uncomfortable nature of the room and was give about 8% off. Staff was pleasant and helpful, but I advised the desk clerk that I would not be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family