All reviews excess water shower over bath egg station lamb sausage play golf good size room safe hotel is in a great location night market main pool is low season complimentary water star hotel housekeeping staff breakfast buffet bars and restaurants fresh fruit
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Below is my review of the Wannara Hotel Hua Hin hotel.

STAR RATING:
- I would only rate this hotel 3 stars, it is not a 4 star hotel as claimed.

GOOD:
- The hotel was quiet and clean
- Acceptable level of English at the main counter to check in and out

FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Staff however had limited English which I thought was unusual for the high tourist area in Hua Hin.
- Wash basin had no hot water.
- Toilet paper was rationed. Only one roll. Same with Soap.
- The bed was incredible hard, ie as hard as the floor, similar to elsewhere I had experienced in Thailand.
- The Internet was a bit flaky at times, with open unsecured wireless to a hotspot screen, that left your radio communications vulnerable should anyone be into that sort of thing. We are in the 21st Century, wireless communications should be upgraded to be WPA2 secured.

SUMMARY:
With a few nights stay, the room was comfortable enough that should the price be adjusted to a 3 star price, I would stay again.

Room tip: Quiet Floor
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

A 3-Star hotel in the heart of the Hua Hin City. Walkable distance to Night Market at estimated 8 minutes walk. Many eateries & Massage palors around. Worth for the price paid. The breakfast provided is normal with good spread.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Firstly, I'll say that pool construction mentioned in previous reviews is complete, and I found the main pool to be very pleasant (though I'd understand completely finding that out unexpectedly would not be so good, and I nearly passed it over due to that).

Things I liked: I asked for a room not on the ground floor, and was happy I was placed on level 5. From there i had a nice southerly view over Hua Hin town with a touch of the sea to the left.

The balcony was very large and I really enjoyed sitting there day and night. It was mostly quiet; on occasion I'd hear something from other guests but nothing remotely major and I think something you'd get in any hotel.

Staff were good, and housekeeping staff especially friendly.

I liked the room decor and the lighting was perfect.

Good quiet AC.

Large, comfortable bed.

Having a bathtub in the room, and the shower pressure was great as well.

The main pool was lovely - enjoyed swimming there in the daytime and early evening. I enjoyed that it was mostly in the shade - there is some sun in the daytime, so depends on your preference but for sure you can have sun at the roof pool. I found the main pool clean and pleasant, as well as uncrowded.

Having a fridge, kettle and safe in the room.

Things that could be improved:

It's true, the WiFi in the room was really not good - for me, it wasn't a concern, I wanted to escape from the internet for part of the time, and for the short time when I needed Wifi I simply went to one of the many cafes nearby that has it. However I note it as for some it is important

There were some areas where minor upkeep would help - ie, a chip here or there - it was nothing that bothered me at all, nor distracted from the nice decor but again some are pickier about it so I'm mentioning it

The roof top pool is in a great location but probably could do with a bit more of a clean. There are many loungers up there, as well as a shower and toilet, but I feel the area definitely has potential to be more atmospheric, like the main pool area is.

I can't comment about the TV as I never watched it, nor the breakfast as I chose to do my own thing like I usually do, as I like the peace of my balcony in the morning - my decision to opt out from breakfast wasn't based on anything about the breakfast itself or the cost.

In short, I enjoyed my stay, found it peaceful, I liked being close to the beach and all the cafes, etc down Naresdamri. There is a great supermarket called Royal Print on Damnoenkasem, which is just a few minutes walk from the hotel (go left, and left again at the main intersection, across from Da Roberto Pizza), lots of good stuff in there (where I got my breakfast items!) and open til 23:00.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The Wannara hotel in Hua hin is a smaller hotel that is located opposite the entrance to the Centara Resort.

Rooms are comfortable and clean, most with a balcony, mini bar and reasonable storage space.

I understand there are a couple of different areas within the property, however the room I was in had a shower over a high bath, which made it precarious getting in and out, and also tended to flood the bathroom a bit.

A pool is located on the ground floor, and a welcome addition after a day out and about.

Breakfast is served on the ground floor in the open air, and whilst not the most expansive buffet, has the basics required for a reasonable start to the day.

Staff probably lack enthusiasm at times but that said,the property is clean and efficiently run, and given the very reasonable rates.......for a few days it is certainly worth consideration, unless you are looking for 4-5 star luxury.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Booked for 7nights, had to leave after 2 nights. Pool closed, alternative pool in another building, very dirty.. Hotel restaurant always closed?! For us this is maximum 3star hotel, not even close to 4stars.

Good things: