All reviewsexcess watershower over bathclothes rackegg stationlamb sausageplay golfgood sizeroom safecentral locationnight marketmain pool islow seasoncomplimentary waterhousekeeping staffbreakfast buffetstar hotelbars and restaurants
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Very well located for beach and local shops . The ATM is right across the road . Tuttuts out side a must to travel around check the price first with the driver . 100 bahrts should get you to the food market on soi88 this outside dinning is a must . The room is spacious shower good but the down fall is you have to hold it its not been placed at head height but still powerful. Rooms cleaned every day with clean towels and the two pool towels are very handy . The pool is very nice the only problem for me was the steps the top step is a distance away from the next and there is no other way into the pool for people with health issues . But I did have a way by kneeling in the shallow end and getting out that way . Not very lady like but my husband was a great help . The electric went out one night and was over two hours to get fixed they kindly brought a fan to reception as this side was not affected and gave us free water . Then we tried the roof top pool how nice very few people here and again no rail to the steps ok for getting in but a struggle to get out . Staff very friendly we forgot water coming in late one night and the security guy opened the padlocked fridge and got us two bottles we paid next day . Would like to see English books to read in reception come on guys leave your reads behind . We did not have breakfast so can't say about the food . But once breakfast is over it's just drinks no ice cream or crisp . This hotel is value for money we only paid £20.00 a night with a special offer deal . Would stay here again . Would recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: our room was over the car park and not in the main building. And we had a roof top view so choice your room carefully
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Joy F
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I have stayed in the Wannara Hotel before and have recommended it to many people.
Last week I stayed here for 3 nights and on the first morning there was no hot water from the shower, I told reception who sent someone to check, I returned later and went to have a shower and still there was no hot water, I again told reception about this to which they replied that they don't have hot water in the hotel. I told them I had stayed last year and there was hot water, which they denied, insisting that they didn't have hot water.

If this is the case shouldn't they let people know by stating on their website that there is no hot water, if you are staying in a 300 Baht a night hostel then maybe you can expect this, but to pay 2,100 Baht a night in low season, is crazy. I will not recommend the hotel or return there again.

Terrible internet connection and the breakfast was not up to standard. location is great

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Low price, perfect location, basically in center, but just outside the racket. Lovely staff-team, supergood prices in the minibar, with the perfect amount(2 chang and 2 singha) of beer refilled every day. Tuk tuks are lined up 30-40 meters down the street. Nice and clean. Nothing blows you away, so if youre looking for luxury you know you need to pay more already. Could easily stay again.

Room Tip: I always go high up
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

We had to stay one more night in Hua Hin so almost closed our eyes and put a pin in the map of somewhere we could stay just for 1 night! Mmmmm? Wish we'd done best out of 3!!

You cannot fault the location, it's right in the centre of Hua Hin so walking distance to everything however the hotel itself isn't great.

It looks dirty on arrival, very dark and dingy, the staff on reception outnumber the guests, all of which are slightly more unhelpful than the next, uniform leaves a lot to be desired and generally we thought " oh god let us go back to our previous hotel ".

The Deluxe Room we booked had that same "tired" look to it that the main hotel has, quite bright and airy and a good view over the buildings of Hua Hin but that's about all.

The free wifi was not only like cracking the Davinci Code to hook up to but pretty much every time you put your phone down for any length of time you had to re enter all the passwords again, which wasn't annoying in anyway!!

We checked out at 0530 as we had to leave for the airport, I say checked out, we left our room key for the lad that was asleep on the floor behind the reception desk to hopefully process when he woke!!

Served a purpose for 1 night but wouldn't be booking again in any shape or form!!

Room Tip: Not sure if they have them!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KellyH617
Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

I have no complaints, but at the same time nothing that "I will never forget". Walking distance to beach and play area. Next time I will look for something different or maybe just pass Hua Hin and go further south.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo