All reviewsexcess watershower over bathclothes rackegg stationlamb sausageplay golfgood sizeroom safecentral locationnight marketmain pool islow seasoncomplimentary waterhousekeeping staffbreakfast buffetstar hotelbars and restaurants
Reviewed 25 September 2011

close to everything,rooms are all good size and clean. Most of the staff are very helpful but there are a few that could not care less,especially one of the guys who works in the restaurant, he was rude and uninterested.It seemed he went out of his way to make things awkward for anyone who asked for anything,the chef was fantastic and she couldnt do enough to accommodate everybodies needs
pool is small but good and well maintained, just down the road towards town there is a massage place called 5 star massage or something like that,they wear pink shirts anyway,they were very good and much better than the place beside hotel or next door with green shirts
I would stay at the Wannara again as for the price it's very reasonable and walking distance to everywhere.
our group was there to play golf and there was a lot of golfers from all over the there and it was great to meet so many people from other parts of the world.
if you have been to other parts of Thailand to play golf it is worth trying Hua Hin as the courses are fantastic and in August and Sept they have a celebration of golf with huge discounts on green fee's etc and not very crowded either
we had a good stay and the hotel was a big part of that

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank wallaby
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Have stayed many times since the hotel opened a few years ago. One of few mid-range hotels in Hua Hin that are comfortable for foreign tourists, by that I mean not overpriced like Hilton or Sofitel and the strip of hotels along the beach, but far superior to the cheaper local style accommodation, of which there is plenty. For what one pays it would be churlish to complain about small areas where improvement is needed.

If you want good quality, clean accommodation which is near to the beach and town centre and at a reasonable price then look no further than Wannara

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KhunBill
Reviewed 3 September 2011

really loved this hotel, the rooms were spotless, we had ground floor right next to the pool, but not many sunbeds although this wasnt a problem as it was low season so it was very quite, safe in room plus coffe making facilities, breakfast included, just down the road is a really nice retaurant called la paillotte must try it we had an amazing meal there, also try popping down to the night market lots of different foods to try, just jump on a tuk tuk or you could walk in would take about 15 mins to walk, amazing place hotel cost around £40 per night

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hayeslondon
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Great little hotel with a really nice pool and jacuzzi. Be sure you reserve the Deluxe room. It is worth it for the small price differential. This hotel does not have a full service restaurant or room service, but there is plenty available just a few steps away. One friend bemoaned the lack of danish pastries at breakfast, but otherwise it was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 311. It is a deluxe room with huge balconies and a great breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dab107
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stayed for 6 nights in a Superior room (standard) on 3rd floor. The room was spacious enough for one person with a balcony overlooking the pool, but the view was actually of the uninteresting looking Peony Hotel next door . The bed was very comfortable although there was a dirty mark on the top sheet when I arrived which was never changed during my 6 night stay. My room was very quiet as it was towards the rear of hotel.
There was no "safe" in the room...apparently only available in Deluxe rooms & suites (all these rooms were booked). Safety box available at reception.
There was an electric "coffee maker" in the room which is great if you drink coffee which I do not. Several times I asked to have it replaced with an electric kettle so that I could make tea (no tea bags supplied either). This never happened during my stay & seemed to be "too hard" for the staff. I had to "brew" hot water in the coffee maker, two times every time to get the water hot enough for tea subsequently splashing water all over the bench & making a mess!
The bathroom was adequate, but there was some mildew in the grouting in the shower...I hate that! Only one cold water tap over the hand basin which was loose & always swivelling around.
I had to rearrange the power connections for the TV & fridge myself as I discovered they were incorrectly plugged in. I noticed that everytime I went out & removed my room key/card (which turned off the power) the TV stayed on & the fridge went off!...not really ideal as I had milk & yoghurt etc in the mini bar fridge.
On my arrival the lights above the mirror were not working. I reported this to the reception every day & actually showed 3 different staff the problem in the room as several staff did not speak much English & did not seem to comprehend. On the 4th day the light bulbs were at last replaced & the lights working!
More thorough cleaning/dusting of the room would be appreciated as the dust is very noticeable on all the dark wood & louvres. I had to clean the bedside lampshade myself as it was coated in half an inch of dust!
Towels were routinely changed every day, but they were very thin & several looked quite ragged.
The breakfast (included) was plentiful & adequate with plenty of fresh fruit, cereals & hot food (Western & Thai choices) & fresh salad. I did not eat it every day as I had a few very early golf games.
The best part of the Wannara is the location which is almost opposite the Sofitel Hotel & very central. It is easy to walk to the beach, night market, restaurants, massage places etc.
There is no free wi-fi at the Wannara although they will sell you a cyberpoint card & you can then use your laptop etc. Apparently there is free wi-fi at MacDonalds which is close by.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo