See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We spent three days here in August 17. Had some great fishing and my husband caught a 100 kilo Arapaima which was the highlight of our trip. Lots of wildlife to be seen, including the resident water monitor (which I was lucky enough to see). The accommodation is basic but clean (upon arrival we upgraded to a more expensive room rather than the basic accommodation which I would recommend as the basic accommodation is very rustic). The food is cheap but also basic. The pool is a bonus and a nice edition at the end of the day. All in all a great few days. There are cleaner fishing venues but we did catch some fantastic fish here and we would recommend. One word of warning there are lots of mosquitoes and ants so don't forget your cream!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The park is easily found, being directly off of the Phetkasem Rd, just outside of Cha-Am town and the perfect place to have a fish, with a good chance of big one. The fishery is very reasonably priced for the main lake at THB 200 for Farangs and THB 100 for Thai nationals. With other specialist lakes at higher rates, (see their website for details)

Main species are the Mekong catfish and with the help of the staff, even the most inexperienced angler is almost certain to catch one.

There is a wide range of food and drink available, all at a reasonable price and the food is very good.

You will also find many; Waterfowl, Kingfisher, various Doves, and other birds as well as the resident Water Monitor Lizard, (rarely seen) And many other smaller Lizards. There also tree snakes, so plenty of interesting creatures to see and photograph.

Tight Lines!!!!

Room tip: All bungalows are very peaceful.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinbull301
Reviewed 27 December 2016

I have wanted to fish in Thailand and haven't had a chance. This was a good way to get started. They gave us a guy who stayed with us the whole time we were there. He gave us tips, baited the hooks, and took the fish off. We gave him some money for a tip. The fishing is easy, but not too easy. When you get one, they really put up a fight. My son caught one 30lb catfish that he had fighting him for over 30 minutes. The rest were about 6lbs+. It was a blast. Good prices. Don't change.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mikeleemon
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Was shown this place by a local guide barry Gregory who has a pool named after him there . Decided to give it a try the ground are well looked after and there a good restaurant on site and the staff are friendly . I used the local guide and was not disappointed he knows the place like the back of his hand and got me catching all sorts of fish I've never caught before in thailand. The price was very cheap for what can be caught and great value for money. I will return and spend more time here . Thanks .
If you enjoy fishing this is a great day out or even a few nights stay .

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank nealchard
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Well I have stayed here for 4 days,
the rooms are not an amazing standard, but ok if you get a deal
Reception guy not a nice guy, plus most of the people does not speaks English
but some of them are nice
restaurant ok if you order Thai food,
do not order hamburgers cause you will have an unpleasant experience
furthermore the place is far from everything, but a good place to be if you like fishing,
The owner is a good guy, and speak some English
if you need any info about fishing ask for Jit ( Cambodian ),
he does speak better English than most of people in here.

Date of stay: November 2015